• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Screen Tearing

Associate
Getting very minor screen tearing on Cyberpunk 2077, playing at 1080p with an RX580

Any idea which settings to alter ?

Soldato
not directed at you venomx, but the amount of people that don't understand what tearing is, and will tell you they don't get it with v-sync off, only when they upgrade etc (usually to an AMD card) astounds me.

Associate
OP
Tried both of these in the radeon software....
AMD Freesync
Radeon Enhanced Sync

Also tried " VSync " in-game. which made the movement way too blurry.

32" FHD LG Monitor. Not sure if it supports freesync

Associate
Also tried " VSync " in-game. which made the movement way too blurry.
Vsync adds a lot of input lag, very noticeable in first person games using a mouse.

Unfortunately without Freesync, Vsync is the only sure way to get rid of tearing. I put up with tearing for years on a 1080p 120hz monitor before freesync/gsync was a thing because I hate Vsync input lag. Its not too bad at 80+fps I found.

Associate
If your LG monitor does support freesync you will need to turn it on, in monitors menu system. On my LG monitor it was off by default.

Soldato
Vsync adds a lot of input lag, very noticeable in first person games using a mouse.

Unfortunately without Freesync, Vsync is the only sure way to get rid of tearing. I put up with tearing for years on a 1080p 120hz monitor before freesync/gsync was a thing because I hate Vsync input lag. Its not too bad at 80+fps I found.

the higher the refresh rate the smaller each tear is

Soldato
I have the Predator x34A 100Hz and in Cyberpunk with G-ync on im getting screen tear above 60fps. Doesnt happen in any other game under 100fps.

Vsync fixes it but as mentioned about adds a response lag.

As it happens it doesn't go over 60fps too.much but i know instantly when it does with the tearing.

Soldato
I have the Predator x34A 100Hz and in Cyberpunk with G-ync on im getting screen tear above 60fps. Doesnt happen in any other game under 100fps.

Vsync fixes it but as mentioned about adds a response lag.

As it happens it doesn't go over 60fps too.much but i know instantly when it does with the tearing.

Sounds like your monitor is working at 60hz

Soldato
Yep sounds like a 60hz monitor you'll have to cap fps at 60 becasue adaptive sync can't sync higher than the monitor's own frequency as far as I know. Did you overclock it? The X34A I had you had to overclock to get the full fat 100hz

Soldato
Sorry, all sorted now.

I reinstalled windows just before installing cyberpunk 2077 and i had forgotten you had to change your display properties in windows to 100Hz.

Back
Top Bottom