Epic Games Store now open!

Caporegime
OP
So how does purchasing EA games from Epic work? Do they get added straight to Origin and run as if you bought the game in Origin itself? Opening in Origin, it doesn't open the Epic Games Launcher as a second requirement to launch the game, as Steam-bought games on Origin do?

Soldato
Question to make sure I understand the £10 voucher thing properly.

Every time you use it, you get another, right?

So if I buy Snowrunner for £10.99, I can then buy the season pass for £7.59, and that'll be cheaper than buying the game with the season pass for £27?

Man of Honour
Question to make sure I understand the £10 voucher thing properly.

Every time you use it, you get another, right?

So if I buy Snowrunner for £10.99, I can then buy the season pass for £7.59, and that'll be cheaper than buying the game with the season pass for £27?

As long as the item you are buying, costs over 13.99 (before applying your £10) , you get another £10. Once you buy one which is less than 13.99 (before £10 deduction) you stop getting new vouchers.

So in your example, you would buy snowrunner for 10.99 and you will get another voucher (because snowrunner is 20.99)

Soldato
Oh wait. Answer my own question. The FAQ says the vouchers don't work on DLC:
CAN I USE MY $10 EPIC COUPON ON PRE-PURCHASES, DLC, GAME ADD-ONS, SEASON PASSES, OR IN-GAME PURCHASES, INCLUDING V-BUCKS IN FORTNITE?
No, the $10 Epic Coupon can only be applied to purchases of qualifying games that have already been released on the Epic Games Store. It cannot be applied to pre-purchases or to any non-game purchase such as add-ons (like DLC or season passes) or in-game purchases (such as in-game currency, like V-Bucks in Fortnite, or upgrades like Save the World mode).

Man of Honour
Oh wait. Answer my own question. The FAQ says the vouchers don't work on DLC:
CAN I USE MY $10 EPIC COUPON ON PRE-PURCHASES, DLC, GAME ADD-ONS, SEASON PASSES, OR IN-GAME PURCHASES, INCLUDING V-BUCKS IN FORTNITE?
No, the $10 Epic Coupon can only be applied to purchases of qualifying games that have already been released on the Epic Games Store. It cannot be applied to pre-purchases or to any non-game purchase such as add-ons (like DLC or season passes) or in-game purchases (such as in-game currency, like V-Bucks in Fortnite, or upgrades like Save the World mode).

Yup, thats right, "full games" only

Soldato
Bare in mind some of the cheap games (with the £10 off) may come up in one of the freebies (such as Assassins Creed), it might be worth holding off until we know what games we get in the meantime.

Man of Honour
I've been playing the Spintires series since.. 2009 I think, when they had the beta. It's changed an awful lot. Yeah co-op is great fun. Enjoy!

Infuriatingly, Snowrunner on co-op has not gone well, the missus and I just cannot seem to get it to work. If we try to join each others games, we just get a spinning wheel on the friends list and it never sees the other person. Both of us are able to join random peoples games but we cannot join each others, even though we are sat about 8 ft apart. Have just spent hours scouring the internet and found hundreds of posts going back a year, of people having the exact same issue. They can join internet games but cannot join the games of people in the same household. Some people have recommended removing connections in Epic, deleting all friends and re-adding just the person you want to co-op with, changing a variety of router and firewall settings, have tried all of them to no avail. So doesnt look like we will be co-oping it after all, ah well...at least it only cost a tenner. Really astounds me after 3 decades of multiplayer games that so many companies still cannot make it simple to join co-op games.

Soldato
Infuriatingly, Snowrunner on co-op has not gone well, the missus and I just cannot seem to get it to work. If we try to join each others games, we just get a spinning wheel on the friends list and it never sees the other person. Both of us are able to join random peoples games but we cannot join each others, even though we are sat about 8 ft apart. Have just spent hours scouring the internet and found hundreds of posts going back a year, of people having the exact same issue. They can join internet games but cannot join the games of people in the same household. Some people have recommended removing connections in Epic, deleting all friends and re-adding just the person you want to co-op with, changing a variety of router and firewall settings, have tried all of them to no avail. So doesnt look like we will be co-oping it after all, ah well...at least it only cost a tenner. Really astounds me after 3 decades of multiplayer games that so many companies still cannot make it simple to join co-op games.

Me and my son also bought this while on sale and have similar/same issue, when we try to load the friends list to join or invite each other in game it just spins and doesnt show any friends.

I looked into this as well, and apparently it was fixed after april time but the last patch released a few days ago brought back a friends list and co-op joining bug when on the same connection, see here :)

Known Issues
All Platforms
  • If you see any missions on the Yukon maps that require 10 or 15 cabins to be delivered, please restart the mission, and it will display the correct 2 or 3 cabin requirement.
  • Some players can’t coop on the same connection (see heading below for more info)
  • Pinewood Express mission auto cancels. Please try restarting mission.
  • Coop syncing issues
  • Can’t refuel in coop in some cases. Restarting session helps.
PC
  • Missing trucks after loading screen in solo mode.
  • G29 / G920 not working for some players after 9.0 Update
Consoles
  • If you experience lag or crashes, try uninstalling your mods, as this may be the cause. We recommend not installing everything at once.
  • Some players are unable to download mods due to “not enough space”. We don’t know yet if this is a bug, but the team is looking into it.
  • Negative balance: one or several of the mods have a negative purchase price for the Advanced Medium Winch. Selling this vehicle will remove 5 million from your money. You can have several vehicles like this and if you sell them you’ll have more negative balance. Until a fix arrives, if you have -5M money, purchase the Advanced Medium Winch to any available vehicle.
  • Lost vehicles on Big Salmon Peak Map
PS4
  • Various crashes
  • Issues with several Trophies.
Xbox One
  • Various Crashes
Multiplayer invite not working
Some of you can't join a coop game, or can't see anyone in the in-game friend list as the host. Let us know if you're still having connectivity issues in coop.

Some of you may have issues after a game when coming back to the menu. If you see your friend list empty, please relaunch your game.

I am hoping for another patch to fix this so my son can play with me :)

Caporegime
Server 500 error. :D

Great title to get for free, though, or so I understand - I doubt I'll end up playing it for long as I can't stomach Amnesia.

Associate
I didn't realise the £10.00 voucher was infinite when it is (as posters have already patiently explained). :D

Add game to basket and bingo! £10 voucher automatically applied even if you have used before. Red Dead Redemption 2 for £26.84 is now looking mighty tempting; I doubt Steam will match.

Back
Top Bottom