• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASUS confirms ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 3080 Ti graphics card with 20GB memory

Soldato
https://videocardz.com/newz/asus-co...ce-rtx-3080-ti-graphics-card-with-20gb-memory

The manufacturer becomes the first to confirm that such NVIDIA SKU even exists. The listing reveals that two ROG STRIX graphics cards are in development: ROG-STRIX-RTX3080TI-O20G-GAMING (with factory-overclocking) and ROG-STRIX-RTX3080TI-20G-GAMING (likely to feature reference clock speeds).
According to ASUS, the RTX 3080 Ti SKU would feature 20GB of memory, which would confirm the previous rumours about the graphics card’s specifications:
The graphics card is expected to feature GA102 GPU with 10496 CUDA cores, the same number as the flagship RTX 3090. It would appear that RTX 3080 Ti will simply offer less memory (20GB vs 24GB) and carry a lower TDP, to better combat Radeon RX 6900 XT series.
NVIDIA was initially planning to launch the RTX 3080 Ti in January, although new information seems to confirm that the SKU has been pushed back till after the Chinese New Year in February. It is unclear why the 3080 Ti listing appears on the ASUS website right now.

In what was extremely obvious to anyone not already rolling down the hill, or in complete denial, we have further confirmation of a 3080ti releasing in a few weeks, with 20GB VRAM.

IMO this will be 'the' card to get, the card that will cope with newer games at 4K without being constrained by VRAM concerns. I think it will also be faster than the 3090, though time will tell.

Can't wait to get mine ordered, and very happy I picked up my MSI 3080 Gaming X as a temporary solution for my CX48, with them still being hard to obtain, selling it on will also be easy :)

Soldato
We will get to see how much Nvidia thinks people will pay for a 3090 with 4GB less RAM.

Who really gives a rats *** about 24 vs 20, it's going to look good value compared to the 3090 is all.

Soldato
having worked for several years in manufacturing, these vendors arent helping themselves, releasing a million sku's when they cant even fulfil demand on existing ones. All because they want to maximise the profit for each binning of a chip.

Associate
We will get to see how much Nvidia thinks people will pay for a 3090 with 4GB less RAM.

Who really gives a rats *** about 24 vs 20, it's going to look good value compared to the 3090 is all.
Everything is good value compared to a 3090 :D:p This coming from a 3090 owner.

Soldato
Prices will return to normal when the world is open and people under 35 starts blowing all their money again on omverseas holidays instead of buying TVs and graphics cards and houses

not sure about the UK, but over here houses prices have increased 20% since April because people can't go on holidays

Soldato
OP
A 3080 can’t run the latest games at 4K (suitably) 10 extra gigs of vram won’t help it either!

You sound like the typical 3080 owner who is threatened by a 3080ti. It should be obvious, even to a small child, that a 3080ti will also be faster than a 3080, irrespective of how much memory they have.

It just so happens in this case that you're getting a faster card, with DOUBLE the VRAM. A much better package overall and one which will last longer than the 10GB 3080 will.

There are already titles where the 3080 runs out of VRAM at 4k, this will continue to be an issue in 2021 and beyond. 10GB was never enough for a flagship card at 4k(even consoles have more LOL), this mistake will be quickly rectified.

Associate
Prices will return to normal when the world is open and people under 35 starts blowing all their money again on omverseas holidays instead of buying TVs and graphics cards and houses

not sure about the UK, but over here houses prices have increased 20% since April because people can't go on holidays
i think its the same here, juts had a friend had a house fall through because they added 7k on for no reason because they can and it was all ready to go...

Associate
the TI's were always going to come out, I mean you really had to have your head in the sand as it's a standard practice now for the the RTX series. Just wonder if they will do the competitive pricing, or just stiff the consumers again

Back
Top Bottom