*** VR Deals Thread ***

Associate
I am no good at making decisions, so I will probably end up postponing making a choice and just play another round of Pistol Whip or Beat Saber :p
Probably best off waiting until December 22 when steam winter sale is on anyway. Although I remember right if they're on daily deal now they wont go any cheaper in the winter sale, can anyone else remember if thats true?

Soldato
Rift S seems to be £270 at ***** (with a 10% off voucher). Is it worth it or should I just grab a Quest 2? Which is better for PCVR, the S or Q2 with link cable?

Last edited:
Soldato
Rift S is more comfortable, but is lower resolution, and is no longer actively supported. It is however a native PC headset so less faffing about than a Quest 2 which requires an additional USB cable (which can be expensive) and an add-on headstrap.

Personally though I'd go for the Quest 2 simply because going forward that's where all the support is going, plus it's also a standalone device with a higher resolution.

Another thing to consider is Rift S has a fixed IPD but Quest 2 has a partially adjustable IPD.

Soldato
Rift S is more comfortable, but is lower resolution, and is no longer actively supported. It is however a native PC headset so less faffing about than a Quest 2 which requires an additional USB cable (which can be expensive) and an add-on headstrap.

Personally though I'd go for the Quest 2 simply because going forward that's where all the support is going, plus it's also a standalone device with a higher resolution.

Another thing to consider is Rift S has a fixed IPD but Quest 2 has a partially adjustable IPD.
Thanks, I'll probably just do that. Seems the more flexible solution.

Associate
If you have Oculus, the Climb has popped up with a 34% discount in the winter sale. Was missing for the past couple days from the sale but finally appeared.

Soldato
If you have Oculus, the Climb has popped up with a 34% discount in the winter sale. Was missing for the past couple days from the sale but finally appeared.

Still torn on this one. Was just going to hang fire and get The Climb 2. But there's still no news on that title. It's been on the "Coming Soon" list for months.

Soldato
You need to check if the game has 'supports Quest' as well as 'Supports Rift' in the description. If it does then if you buy it on the desktop app you'll be able to buy it for free for Quest on the phone app.

Back
Top Bottom