• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
I admit that RT reflections look cool. But as you see there are ways to do it without RT:
Now what is the reason to claim that a game is using real time RT if you destroy the static geometry and the reflections won't show you that? Where is the realism?

Most of the lighting was pre baked (using RT) in that title. I'd love to see it updated with realtime RT.

Soldato
Yet here you are again, bringing up Ampere and CP2077 :rolleyes:

You asked about various Nvidia tech and I linked DF's videos clearly showing such tech on Nvidia hardware. Did you not watch?

My answer as to what is going on regarding CP2077 is ASK THE DEVS WHO WORKED ON RED ENGINE.
This is still not an answer to my question. And it’s quite clear your avoidance is the answer in an of itself. The truth of the matter is that I never really expected you to address the issue at hand. But have you simply entertain me as you dance your way around it.

The truth is I do find something wrong with ampere’s inability to operate in this game with dx12U’s main features. While they implement rt elements in the game that are at times are reduced to a point of obscurity. However, I personally believe ampere is handicapped in doing both dx12u feature sets and rt at the same time.

And as others have pointed out have gimped other rasterized and games assets to make rt look better. Because rt can’t stand on their own against the best rasterized techniques developers still use.

Compound that with the fact that the launch of the game is a disaster on every other platform except ampere cards. And, the develop is facing several class action lawsuits and it clear what you praise is nothing more then a game rifted in bias. Developed solely for the benefit of ampere. Which ignores all other platforms.

I wonder, as the developer lawyers up, if they are regretting their decision to partner only with nvidia yet? Rofl.

Last edited:
Associate
Oddly I didn't stop to look at the difference until people asked for screen shots. I really didn't expect there to such a large difference. I've said from the start that RT is best experianced first hand just as VR is. I said many times that screen shots and videos don't do it justice as you lack the understanding of the environment.

I have the game, as do a lot of others, and to me it's no different than any other quality game

Soldato
I've not said anything about water in Cyberpunk because I've not looked at water in Cyberpunk. I've not at any point suggested that the game is perfect or have I even defended it's bad points, but it's the first game, with RT maxed, that looks cohesive, physically realistic to me. I'm excited by what RT can do and want to see more of it. And as I've said before all the big players in IQ are developing RT. There must be a reason for that?

It's a shame we can't turn RT on in The Witcher or RDR2 as the difference in quality may surprise you.
Then you have no valid opinion of the game. As you cannot objectively have an opinion claiming rt supremacy when you won’t admit to how bad the water and it’s effects are in the game. You are simply making excuses. Because all you have to do to see it is look at grim5 post. You do lie a lot. Which only discredit yourself. Look we get it, you love and worship everything nvidia. But at least be honest about it.
:D

Soldato
Would *love* to. But I don't have room for both an OLED TV and a monitor.

And I can't use the OLED as a monitor, as I have the Windows UI on it for 8-10 hours a day.
Same here, to big for my desk setup.

All this talk reminds me of the first time i saw, what think was an, OLED TV. I couldn't get over how good it looked and kept making comments while watching a film.

Does RDNA2 have more RT cores the more standard cores it has? i.e. 6900 XT has more RT cores than the 6800 XT because they are linked to the regular cores?
Yes

Soldato
That's because it's true :p

People keep buying into ridiculous ££££ lcd monitors and they are ultimately hurting true advancement of monitors in the long run.

Monitor manufacturers have no reason to release better display tech. when people keep lapping up these ££££ LCD monitors, "oh but 240/360hz, oh but even higher PPI/res., oh but edge lit HDR, HDR400, HDR 600, HDR1000" etc. etc. At the end of the day, it is all drip fed pointless minor advancements just to keep people paying into an endless broken system, once sales slow down entirely, then that is when we will hopefully get the true "upgrades" in the monitor display industry, either that, or LG release a 27-38" OLED monitor for a sensible price, which will end the ££££ LCD monitor market once and for all.

The same way these retailers/manufacturers will not lower the pricing of PC parts to their MSRP because people keep throwing money at them...

Reason I'm so vocal about oled vs lcd is because some people have no clue on what they are missing out on, you see all these people buying 3090s etc. to achieve the best graphics possible then pairing them up with a lcd monitor... Meanwhile the ones playing on oleds with the likes of a vega 56/64/1080/1070 etc. are actually the ones who are enjoying the superior graphics/IQ.

EDIT:

Also, the whole point was in relation to DLSS etc., if monitors were better i.e. had scalers as good as most TVs, DLSS etc. wouldn't be as cried out for then.

I do have an OLED in the living room but at 77", too big to game on. I did put my PC and desk in there when the Mrs was away but it's not something I need to do to get immersed in a game. And it's not straight forward to get working.
So you say buy a £1300 4k OLED and run it at 1440p 120hz with a 56/64/1080/1070 is the way forward (not that those cards will easily to 120fps)? Over 4k 120hz with a 3080/3090. Each to their own I suppose. Preferences and perceived 'best' at the end of the day. To enjoy those OLEDS you need a gfx card with HDMI 2.1. So basically just on a gfx card and display you need £2k. Well yes you are at the elite end of gaming who doesnt want that. The OLED equivalent will be with all of us in a few years. Just many don't value having to have the blackest blacks right now as a priority as it's just too expensive. You could argue that it's the same as DLSS or RT. Do you need it? No. Is it nice to have - yes.

Trouble with OLEDS is their high failure rate - tonnes of them on the auction site - all with issues.

don't think thepeople buying LCD's are hurting advancement as such. So you saying everyone buy OLED's so we can advance quicker? If everyone spanked £10k on plqasmas when they came out - we'd all be skint! :D

Permabanned
Then you have no valid opinion of the game. As you cannot objectively have an opinion claiming rt supremacy when you won’t admit to how bad the water and it’s effects are in the game. You are simply making excuses. Because all you have to do to see it is look at grim5 post. You do lie a lot. Which only discredit yourself. Look we get it, you love and worship everything nvidia. But at least be honest about it.

So much hate for Nvidia even though you have been told again and again that RT is not proprietary :rolleyes:

I think it's a good game, but that's not what we are discussing. It's the level of graphical fidelity achieved with RT that's on topic. Please try to keep up :p

What post by @Grim5 are you referring? Where did I lie?

This is still not an answer to my question. And it’s quite clear your avoidance is the answer in an of itself. The truth of the matter is that I never really expected you to address the issue at hand. But have you simply entertain me as you dance your way around it.

The truth is I do find something wrong with ampere’s inability to operate in this game with dx12U’s main features. While they implement rt elements in the game that are at times are reduced to a point of obscurity. However, I personally believe ampere is handicapped in doing both dx12u feature sets and rt at the same time.

How could I answer for CDPR's decissions? You claimed Ampere can't do certain tasks at the same time. I linked a couple of videos showing you to be wrong. What answer are you looking for?

And as others have pointed out have gimped other rasterized and games assets to make rt look better. Because rt can’t stand on their own against the best rasterized techniques developers still use.

I've only turned RT off to take the random screen shots. So far it doesn't look any worse than any other title without RT.

Compound that with the fact that the launch of the game is a disaster on every other platform except ampere cards. And, the develop is facing several class action lawsuits and it clear what you praise is nothing more then a game rifted in bias. Developed solely for the benefit of ampere. Which ignores all other platforms.

From what I've heard the only big problem with the launch is on the old consoles. Are you now telling me that AMD cards can't run the game?

I wonder, as the developer lawyers up, if they are regretting their decision to partner only with nvidia yet? Rofl.

What the heck are you smoking? It sounds like you are going through some mental breakdown. What made you think Nvidia were involved with the consoles?

Permabanned
Lol even on Reddit you can't tell a good story on r/amd without Jensen's bodyguards coming fast to beat you.
But DLSS! But RT! But the reviews! :)
I don't have an account on reddit and i only read things in r/amd since i want to see news about RDNA2 but it is funny to see Nvidia fans are all over the place.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/kleayl/the_6900_xt_crushed_my_rtx_3080_in_image_quality/

To be fair he does claim better IQ on AMD then fails to back it up. I've seen some dodgy stuff from Nvidia before on IQ and have agreed in the past that AMD colours are better, but he needs to back up his claim with some screen shots.

Must admit I wonder if the people who say they don't see any difference with RT on even have a Nvidia card.

Associate
To be fair he does claim better IQ on AMD then fails to back it up. I've seen some dodgy stuff from Nvidia before on IQ and have agreed in the past that AMD colours are better, but he needs to back up his claim with some screen shots.

Must admit I wonder if the people who say they don't see any difference with RT on even have a Nvidia card.

It is hard to not have an nvidia card these days. And i think they have/had a problem with IQ, don't know about the 2000/3000 series but in the past you could clearly see a difference between AMD and Nvidia.
I don't know if that story is true or just BS but it is funny to see so many reactions from Nvidia fans in AMD reddit. I am not sure if it happens the same on Nvidia reddit, it may be the same with AMD fans.

Soldato
So much hate for Nvidia even though you have been told again and again that RT is not proprietary :rolleyes:

I think it's a good game, but that's not what we are discussing. It's the level of graphical fidelity achieved with RT that's on topic. Please try to keep up :p

How could I answer for CDPR's decissions? You claimed Ampere can't do certain tasks at the same time. I linked a couple of videos showing you to be wrong. What answer are you looking for?

I've only turned RT off to take the random screen shots. So far it doesn't look any worse than any other title without RT.

From what I've heard the only big problem with the launch is on the old consoles. Are you now telling me that AMD cards can't run the game?

What the heck are you smoking? It sounds like you are going through some mental breakdown. What made you think Nvidia were involved with the consoles?

Cdpr has nothing to do with the post you created in this thread. But it is clear you reject the mantle you implied by feigning representation of them. It's clear once again you have absolutely no idea of what you are talking about. Thats the answer to my question.

At the end of the day you love the "idea" of rt being only tied to Nvidia. And have no issues with them blurring the image to improve frame rates. Although unfortunate for cdpr being ostracized as long as the game half works right with ampere its ok by you. And if you do find out that ampere does have issues using both rt and dx12u feature set that's ok. That is what hopper is for. This is the gist of your posts in this thread. You will ignore any and all criticism and will ignore posts showcasing flaws to your argument. :D

Such as:
-cb2077 lawsuits, refunds, disaster launch, blacklisted and bugs
- the lies they told about consoles development
-nvidia involvement to gimp iq features, amd cards
-rt used excluding dx12U
-ampere cannot do both rt and dx12u in cb2077
-etc.

All you want to do is promote nvida and cb2077. And, argue with me about semantics. Wut pic? Huh? Rt wasn't developed by nvidia. You hate nvidia. What are you smoking? Consoles suck. Are just a few examples.

This was delicious convo with you though. I can see in each of your replies how frustrated you are. Because I don't have to ask you what you're smoking? I simply know that you are deflecting only because you're not capable of giving an honest answer.

Happy New Year.

Last edited:
Soldato
I watched some Cyberjunk videos again and cannot see what all the fuss is about. People jizzing themselves and proclaiming it's the best game they have every seen. WTF.
The buildings in the game are just boxes with fancy neon lights and big screens but there is no intricate architectural detail. Watchdogs Legion or the AC games for example excel in this regard with old buildings and lots of curves, statues, etc. The Ai is non-existent and there are tons of bugs. What on earth are people smoking if they think this is the best game ever???

Associate
I was going to add my own opinion and some fact based evidence to this “discussion”, but wow. This thread is a train wreck. I don’t know how those of you that aren’t blinkered or guided by blind faith in brand x, y, or z have the patience to keep it up. Can I suggest that you stop feeding the rabid trolls and fanboys and move on to posts where constructive discourse is valued? There are some reasonable individuals hidden in the steaming pile of excrement that this thread has become, and I worry that if you don’t escape soon the weight of, well, the makeup of this thread will crush the enthusiasm for the hobby out of you.

Caporegime
I watched some Cyberjunk videos again and cannot see what all the fuss is about. People jizzing themselves and proclaiming it's the best game they have every seen. WTF.
The buildings in the game are just boxes with fancy neon lights and big screens but there is no intricate architectural detail. Watchdogs Legion or the AC games for example excel in this regard with old buildings and lots of curves, statues, etc. The Ai is non-existent and there are tons of bugs. What on earth are people smoking if they think this is the best game ever???

Sen a few vids of it and have to agree, visually it looks very basic, it just looks flashy in some areas with the neon lights.

Soldato
I was going to add my own opinion and some fact based evidence to this “discussion”, but wow. This thread is a train wreck. I don’t know how those of you that aren’t blinkered or guided by blind faith in brand x, y, or z have the patience to keep it up. Can I suggest that you stop feeding the rabid trolls and fanboys and move on to posts where constructive discourse is valued? There are some reasonable individuals hidden in the steaming pile of excrement that this thread has become, and I worry that if you don’t escape soon the weight of, well, the makeup of this thread will crush the enthusiasm for the hobby out of you.

Well said, plenty of trolling and stupid 'why the Nvidia/Amd hate + fanbois this' type posts, but they are oblivious to trolling posts on 'their side'.

If you don't care about brand X it's easily noticed that there is plenty going both ways.

To any mod listening, there is 2 main offenders from each camp that should be thread banned, it's not hard to work out.

Permabanned
Cdpr has nothing to do with the post you created in this thread. But it is clear you reject the mantle you implied by feigning representation of them. It's clear once again you have absolutely no idea of what you are talking about. Thats the answer to my question.

What post are you refering to?

At the end of the day you love the "idea" of rt being only tied to Nvidia. And have no issues with them blurring the image to improve frame rates. Although unfortunate for cdpr being ostracized as long as the game half works right with ampere its ok by you. And if you do find out that ampere does have issues using both rt and dx12u feature set that's ok. That is what hopper is for. This is the gist of your posts in this thread. You will ignore any and all criticism and will ignore posts showcasing flaws to your argument. :D

Such as:
-cb2077 lawsuits, refunds, disaster launch, blacklisted and bugs
- the lies they told about consoles development
-nvidia involvement to gimp iq features, amd cards
-rt used excluding dx12U
-ampere cannot do both rt and dx12u in cb2077
-etc.

All you want to do is promote nvida and cb2077. And, argue with me about semantics. Wut pic? Huh? Rt wasn't developed by nvidia. You hate nvidia. What are you smoking? Consoles suck. Are just a few examples.

This was delicious convo with you though. I can see in each of your replies how frustrated you are. Because I don't have to ask you what you're smoking? I simply know that you are deflecting only because you're not capable of giving an honest answer.

Happy New Year.

Why would I want RT being tied to Nvidia? I was hoping AMD's RT performance would be on par with the rasterisation gains. Even when Nvidia started with the RTX BS I was quick to point out that RTX was simply DXR+DLSS, not to mention my disapproving stance on Turing's RT performance.
  • You asked me why CDPR didn't use a specific feature set in CP2077, I answered you, I don't know. I even suggested that you ask CDPR.
  • CDPR lies regarding console state, lawsuits and refunds? That's all the console BS that you brought to a discussion on RT IQ. Does anyone here care about CP2077 on consoles?
  • Good luck proving Nvidia gimped IQ in what looks visually great. At least back it up with an example of AMD cards suffering in IQ where Nvidia don't?
  • Ampere being unable to provide certain DX12 Ultimate support? I linked videos for you clearly showing you were wrong.
I'll stick to whisky, but you need to lay off that weed :D

Caporegime
Well said.

Caporegime
Sen a few vids of it and have to agree, visually it looks very basic, it just looks flashy in some areas with the neon lights.
It's been massively over-hyped to Duke Nukem Forever levels, with many people were buying entirely new rigs to play it, before it even released.

It's no wonder people are proclaiming it to be some sort of gaming nirvana. Typically it takes time for people to lose that romantic viewpoint, and then (much later) be able to look back with a more critical eye, and finally to say, "Well, it kind of sucked, in truth."

Right now we're in the early stages of grief/denial :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom