3060 ti Gaming X Trio - poor overclocking

Associate
Hi all

I managed to get an MSI gaming X Trio 3060 ti and I can’t do more than +100 on the core and RAM.

Could I have a potato?

reviews of the card state that it can go well above 2000mhz ram speed so I think I did get an absolute turd.

The onboard RAM is Samsung, which should overclock very nicely.

temps are great and it has plenty of airflow.

should I sell it and get a 3070?

Associate
OP
It could be at its limt,seems nvidia do that these days with their cards.
I could have a model with RAM that just barely meets the 1830 RAM speed.

I would love to get the RAM to 2000mhz and above.

I can’t buy or sell on the forums just yet (nearly at the min membership but well under the number of posts required) but when I do, I’ll be buying myself some nice overclocking goodies

Associate
Is your motherboard ram (ddr4) overclocked? I had problems oc my 3060ti which looked like a gfx problem that was actually a ram issue. Probably a long shot but try down clocking your ram maybe/ update mobo bios

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Is your motherboard ram (ddr4) overclocked? I had problems oc my 3060ti which looked like a gfx problem that was actually a ram issue. Probably a long shot but try down clocking your ram maybe/ update mobo bios

hey. Yes, my RAM is very heavily overclocked.

I have Micron Rev E that has been overclocking from 3200 CL16 to ~3827 CL 15-18-15-17.

BCLK at 100.75 and FCLK at 1800.

I’ll try this and see if the GPU responds. Thank you very much.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the input! Thanks to your words about overclocking, I managed to find the voltage/frequency curve editor in MSI afterburner.

I'm now running +100 on the core and +500 on the RAM.

Associate
If I remember correctly some have had problems with dragon centre and afterburner too. Also there is a beta version of afterburner which I find better, voltage is actually unlockable and the oc scanner works.

Associate
OP
If I remember correctly some have had problems with dragon centre and afterburner too. Also there is a beta version of afterburner which I find better, voltage is actually unlockable and the oc scanner works.

No, I was just not using Afterburner properly - I currently have a +1400 mem clock and +100 core clock on the graphics card.

100% stable. 3060 Ti is great value, even at £500.

Back
Top Bottom