• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6800XT

Associate
yeah ROG ASUS went up for almost a 1K

which is a bloody joke.:D:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: £400 quid over retail price

Nitro was 900£ price of a 6900xt - £300 quid over retail price.

And still no sign of stock on AMD website of these cards.............

Radeon division is a joke.

Associate
OP
yeah ROG ASUS went up for almost a 1K

which is a bloody joke.:D:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: £400 quid over retail price

Nitro was 900£ price of a 6900xt - £300 quid over retail price.

And still no sign of stock on AMD website of these cards.............

Radeon division is a joke.

Been watching amd main product page and not seen a single new cpu/gpu on since initial release.

Associate
All a bit crazy, I have had the opportunity to buy several 6800 AIBs lately but I refuse to pay +£300 above what should be a normal price, I guess I have to sit it out for a few more months at least.

crazy crazy

Associate
I thought I got a 6800xt the other day, had a notification through and rushed to get and after completing the order noticed it was a 6800 I had paid £800.

So I canceled, now way am I paying £800 for a 6800.

Soldato
I have a Red Devil LE 6800XT coming tomorrow by DPD. Ordered it today. Initially I had a std 6800 in my basket but let that go.
I missed the first LE term minutes previous as by the time I got to pay for it someone else beat me to it, just verifying payment as well.

Hope that I'm wrong but there are new "norms" that could be realised, in terms of pricing, above that of what MSRP was when these cards were first announced.

Caporegime
All a bit crazy, I have had the opportunity to buy several 6800 AIBs lately but I refuse to pay +£300 above what should be a normal price, I guess I have to sit it out for a few more months at least.

crazy crazy
There's a very good chance that we'll *never* see AMD's 6000 series cards at RRP. We'll just keep waiting and move on to the 7000 series.

The market is so unpredictable atm, and AMD seemingly has so little wafer allocation for GPUs, that many (most?) gamers may simply miss out on the 6000 series cards completely.

Or you can pay £1000 to a scalper and have no warranty, but lol at that idea...

Associate
Yeah it's looking that way. I will go to £700 for a 6800 especially as it appears I can get around £300 for my vega 56 but I refuse to pay any more than that. I guess we will see what is on offer around Feb/March

Soldato
There's a very good chance that we'll *never* see AMD's 6000 series cards at RRP. We'll just keep waiting and move on to the 7000 series.

The market is so unpredictable atm, and AMD seemingly has so little wafer allocation for GPUs, that many (most?) gamers may simply miss out on the 6000 series cards completely.

Or you can pay £1000 to a scalper and have no warranty, but lol at that idea...
I remember that HW unboxed was told by AMD that cards would be available at msrp about a month after launch so I guess that was a lie.

Caporegime
I remember that HW unboxed was told by AMD that cards would be available at msrp about a month after launch so I guess that was a lie.
I think AMD were lying out of their ass when they said they would keep making the reference "MBA" cards.

I think we'll see maybe one or two just so they can say, "See, Frank Azor got one!" and that'll be that.

Associate
I think AMD were lying out of their ass when they said they would keep making the reference "MBA" cards.

I think we'll see maybe one or two just so they can say, "See, Frank Azor got one!" and that'll be that.

Its another Radeon VII launch. No stock with massive inflated that are nowhere close to MSRP other than on AMDs website.

Which is always out of stock.

Caporegime
Its another Radeon VII launch. No stock with massive inflated that are nowhere close to MSRP other than on AMDs website.

Which is always out of stock.

Kinda like the 3070/80/90, massively price inflated and only available at msrp when it occasionally shows up on the nvidia site....Funny how that works eh?

Soldato
Retailers are scalping now on the indian takeaway seems to be adhering to MSRP - but they are a business would I do the same in their position? probably.

Caporegime
Er no its not. You have a 3070FE. :rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D:eek::eek::eek:

Which only occasionally shows up, and even with discord its more luck if you're able to get it or not as they sell out within minutes and the alerts sometimes get delayed, so its a coin toss at best. So what are you left with? The same scenario as the amd cards, paying over the odds for any that show in stock elsewhere at a large bump over msrp. So you're talking £600+ for a 3070 and £900+ for a 3080, and the less said about the 3090 the better, some have hit 2 grand.

But of course that goes against the spin you try to put on your babble so you ignore it. Amd cards are harder to get, but at the same time they've not been on sale as long so you would expect nvidia cards to be a bit easier to come by as they launched around a month and a half before the amd cards.

Back
Top Bottom