CES 2021

Man of Honour
And they confirmed they will be releasing 20"-30" OLED TV/monitors next year as well.

Finally the monitor world is about to get a huge shakeup.
Maybe eventually but don’t expect these to be cheap or widely adopted I’m afraid. I’d expect initially only for very high end and expensive pro grade screens tbh

Caporegime
Damnnn 20-30 inch oleds. What to do...

Get something else now, thats what i did. Everything moved too slow.

When soeemthing is launched and a model is seen at at show, it can be 2.5 years before you can buy it.

Then it was mentioned/rumoured 6-12 months before it was first shown.

Which is why I have been waiting 6 years already for an upgrade to my screen and gave up and got the aw38 to tide me over until a can buy a 32-40" OLED.

Associate
OP
Get something else now, thats what i did. Everything moved too slow.

When soeemthing is launched and a model is seen at at show, it can be 2.5 years before you can buy it.

Then it was mentioned/rumoured 6-12 months before it was first shown.

Which is why I have been waiting 6 years already for an upgrade to my screen and gave up and got the aw38 to tide me over until a can buy a 32-40" OLED.

Think I'm going to go for the 42 inch oled. It's a G1 so flush against the wall, and will be considerably smaller than the 48.

Associate
I've read that Asus will be showcasing their new 43-inch monitor the ROG Strix XG43UQ

This may finally be the big monitor i've been looking for and will actually fit on my desk

Looking forwarding to seeing some videos of it

Caporegime

Want! So glad this is finally arriving.

Although given that I game most of the time on my lg oled 55" now, it would be pretty pointless for just desktop usage and browsing :p

Either way, delighted that more people will now get to enjoy the oled goodness they have been missing out on for so long now!

Caporegime
It's uninspiring, the world has too many 60Hz monitors.

For pro work that is all you need. ANd it will be big bucks with the 99% colour space coverage. I doubt there will be a better looking screen out there, not even the £30k ones that some pros buy.

So why waste money on putting a gsync module on it and making it 144hz when that isnt your market?

Soldato
For pro work that is all you need. ANd it will be big bucks with the 99% colour space coverage. I doubt there will be a better looking screen out there, not even the £30k ones that some pros buy.

So why waste money on putting a gsync module on it and making it 144hz when that isnt your market?

Unless the pros find they can't see enough detail in the blacks and then who'll buy it. Would have been better to make it 144Hz freesync and gsync compatible. Add USB-C and KVM so it would appeal to all with just one model.

Back
Top Bottom