Random 3D printing chatter

Associate
Personnaly I have just been buying a few of these from Tesco https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/296663107 they fit a 1kg spool easily and I have a humidity sensor in there along with a rechargeable dessicant pod

Nice. I normally just put spools in either zip lock bags or now some reusable vacuum bags. But I want to try some different materials this years so looking for something I can print from too.

Associate
I wouldnt say that, in mine I mainly have abs, tpu and petg which are all highly hygroscopic, keeping them in a celebrations tin wouldnt be air tight so the dessicant wouldnt be able to keep the humidty low enough to stop it absorbing too much water, currently my abs has a humidty of 18% and tpu of 22%

Soldato
I wouldnt say that, in mine I mainly have abs, tpu and petg which are all highly hygroscopic, keeping them in a celebrations tin wouldnt be air tight so the dessicant wouldnt be able to keep the humidty low enough to stop it absorbing too much water, currently my abs has a humidty of 18% and tpu of 22%

There is enough room to still put them in a sealed bag with dessicant in them, which is what I do

Man of Honour
Been getting my filament from this shop. https://www.ebay.pl/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=PLA+PETG+ASA+BioWOOD,+PA,+&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=PLA+PETG+ASA+BioWOOD,+PA,+Premium+Filament+1,75mm+für+3D+Druck+(Neue+Farben)

You have to go to the Poland ebay to get the cheaper price. They are not 1Kg , each color has it's own weight.

I've got 7 spools from him so far.

Got me another new toy for the printer - Bad pic but the lcd is not great, probably get a much better one tbh: Pi3 b+ :D

Man of Honour
personally i just use the browser interface and once i have completed my mods to the delta i have the pi i have will be mounted internally anyway.

Mine will be internal to the printer with a second LCD exposed with a mobile friendly version of Octoprint local and all still available via ssh/browser. It's just adding a local interface to the printer as well.

Associate
gonna be adding BTT TFT35 E3 to the front of my printer If firmware may allow i might be able to access the pi via that touch screen as BTT who own BIQU have done that with the BIQU BX.

Man of Honour
gonna be adding BTT TFT35 E3 to the front of my printer If firmware may allow i might be able to access the pi via that touch screen as BTT who own BIQU have done that with the BIQU BX.

Ive got the BTT35 V3 on a SKR 1.4 Turbo:

Havent worked out a way to link that to access the Pi also from that... might be possible.

Associate
Will soon be welcoming printer No 12 to the family :). I'm a bit of a collector of old vintage printers, so on the way is a Makerbot thing-o-matic with automatic build plate.

s-l400.jpg

Back
Top Bottom