Spec me a CCTV System

Soldato
Ah ok no problem @Hyburnate , I wont bother to message them :) It'll be pretty cool if it does get added in future. If either yourself or @WJA96 notices it added, please tag me and let me know!
It's not currently supported

"they do not however offer a ‘de-fog’ feature."

This has just been received from Dahua directly, it is also not mentioned on the data sheets...

If you can upload a demo video to YouTube and trust me the link I can raise it with them I have a meeting next week with them...

Soldato
Heating/hot water is off that time of night, its definitely the fog as I've checked it during the day time. When the boiler is on and the wind blows just right it does create a few white clouds but it's not too bad and not for very long. The fog video will be like that for hours on end on a foggy day.

Yup I have the back light set to SSA.

Soldato
Heating/hot water is off that time of night, its definitely the fog as I've checked it during the day time. When the boiler is on and the wind blows just right it does create a few white clouds but it's not too bad and not for very long. The fog video will be like that for hours on end on a foggy day.

Yup I have the back light set to SSA.

It's a plume of water vapour. Look at the wall, the patio door surrounds and the window sills. Plus the speed the 'fog' is moving is fast for fog. I know what this is because ahem... I've done it myself.

Soldato
It's a plume of water vapour. Look at the wall, the patio door surrounds and the window sills. Plus the speed the 'fog' is moving is fast for fog. I know what this is because ahem... I've done it myself.

Yeah - fog is water vapour? :D I know what your saying but it really is fog. I went outside the house when it was like that back in November and watched on my phone / up at the camera and it was the same thing.

OK, where is next door's boiler/bathroom vent?

There one is in line with mine but about 500mm further away.

Here is a comparison of the boiler exhaust when its bad:

https://i.imgur.com/rYNdGr5.mp4

P.S my other garden camera showed a similar more eerie view when using IR mode. I think the IR light was reflecting off the fog. I've not noticed if it's doing the same now that I have forced it in to colour mode (as the nearby streetlight is fixed).

The Tioc camera has its LED on so I think it is just the light hitting the fog and reflecting, causing that issue.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi,

First of all I want to say how gratefull I am for the information provided on this forum.
You guys you are doing a great job in helping others and sharing knowledge!

Following (mainly) the informations provided by WJA96 (many thanks!) I ordered on BB three Dahua TiOC cameras (5Mpixels). The cameras will be connected to a Dahua XVR5108HS-4KL-I2 with a 4TB WD purple. I already have 3 HiKVision cameras (2Mpixels), 1IP, 2 analog.

For the IP cameras I would like to add some local storage (microSD card). Ideally this local storage will be used to record only the "alarm" sequences.

In your experience what is the best microSD choice (side, type, manufacturer). I saw that Samsung Endurance has some good reviews.

Could you confirm?

128Gb or it's better to go to 250Gb directly?

Regards,

Soldato
And don’t buy that XVR unless you have existing analogue cameras and a PoE switch. How many cameras will you have maximum?

That XVR will do 8 analogue cameras and 4 IP cameras so you if you already have 2 that won’t be enough free slots. You’ll need an XVR-5116.

Associate
Well,

WJA96 you make me doubt :) so I double-checked the datasheets

In fact I have at least 2 analog cameras and 4 IP cameras.

In my understanding the XVR5108HS-4KL-I2 can handle up to 8 analogue cameras OR up to 16 IP cameras (according to the datasheet):

DH-XVR5108HS-4KL-I2_datasheet_20200415.pdf (dahuasecurity.com)

8 channels in total (analogue+IP) will be more than enough for me.

I can be wrong though...

According to the datasheet the DH-IPC-HFW3549T1-AS-PV camera can handle up to 256Gb of MicroSD.

But the field experience might contradict that...

Samsung Endurance Pro are guaranteed for 2 years but according to the datasheet they can endure 5 years of continuous writing. They are limited to 128Gb and quite expensive (about 30-40 euros on Amazon).
If its' possible to use them in order to record the alarms only then the writing won't be continuous and in 5 years the cameras will be obsolete anyway.

So please do not hesitate to comment (especially if you disagree :)). There is always something to learn.

Regards,

Soldato
@Nitron could you please link the data sheet stating 256Gb because the notes I have state a 128Gb limit on microSD cards across all Dahua cameras. But that may have changed.

And microSD cards work like all digital memory systems. They have a finite numbers of reads and writes and maybe those cards can achieve continuous writes for 5 years but I guarantee there will be a weasel clause in there somewhere stating that it has to be under certain conditions. And the fact that the warranty is 2 years says that’s probably true.

There’s obviously been a spec upgrade on that recorder because I’m pretty sure it used to only do 4 IP cameras and the facial recognition is totally new. One thing I’ve found on the Dahua recorders is that they also have hidden gotcha’s and some of the numbers on the spec sheet are likely to need clarification. There should be plenty of bandwidth for 5 cameras but when they say things like Max. 16 IP cameras it starts to ring alarm bells and then down in the detailed spec it says 8+8 which should still be fine for your needs but it seems incredible for them to offer 24 camera slots on a 5108 recorder. Anyway, I’m happy I’m wrong. Enjoy!

Associate
Hi WJA96,

Thanks for your feedback.

Please find the link for the camera datasheet:
DH-IPC-HFW3549T1P-AS-PV_datasheet_20200803.pdf (dahuasecurity.com)

You are right about the Samsung microSD. The endurance is "up to" 43800 hours of permanent/continuous recording :). This makes about 5 years.
When you look in detail Samsung states that the card supports up to 17520 hours (2 years) of recording in full HD (1920 x 1080) at 26Mbps.

Carte microSD PRO Endurance 128 Go | MB-MJ128GA/EU | Samsung FR (sorry, it's in french).

But if you record only the "alarm" events on the microSD then I hope there is a reasonable chance to get the 5 years lifetime.

Reading the feedbacks on Amazon it seems that this microSD is recommended by TESLA at least for the use with Model 3.

At this point I must say that I do not have any interest whatsoever in Samsung and I do not sell any Samsung products :=)

I just want to check my options with persons far more experienced than me on the subject.

Other alternative may include SanDisk High Endurance (256Gb, about 56 Euros), up to 20000 hours. It's rated as a fast access (U3 compared to U1 for Samsung).

If any of you have any feedback in comparing thetwo solutions please do not hesitate to share !

Regards,

Associate
Hi everyone, I'm looking to purchase a HDMI Extender, the run is about 20m and will be from my NVR which I've put in the loft, to my TV in the front room. The NVR is a Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2, and the TV is 1080p. Can anyone recommend one which doesn't cost the earth, so about £50 max.
Any help appreciated

Soldato
Hi everyone, I'm looking to purchase a HDMI Extender, the run is about 20m and will be from my NVR which I've put in the loft, to my TV in the front room. The NVR is a Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2, and the TV is 1080p. Can anyone recommend one which doesn't cost the earth, so about £50 max.
Any help appreciated

I usually use this one https://www.cop-eu.com/accessories/PFM700-E which is £60 and it’s good for 40m at 1080P.

Man of Honour
Any help appreciated

Are there any smart tv apps / raspberry pi options for streaming cameras to the tv? Running HDMI seems a little crazy for occasional viewing... or just use Hik-Connect

Back
Top Bottom