Looking for filament recommendations

Associate
As per title, I've got an ender 3 V2 on order and would be grateful for some suggestions on what to buy or avoid when it comes to filaments.

I'm completely new to 3d printing so I was going to start with pla, I was thinking of buying a spool of Amazonbasics pla to get me going so I don't waste a spool of the more expensive stuff whilst finding my feet. It's this a good idea? Or should I just pay up to make my life easier?

Any pointers or suggestions will be glady received. I've had a look around and a lot of suggestions point to sunlu and hatchbox anyone had experience with either?

Soldato
As per title, I've got an ender 3 V2 on order and would be grateful for some suggestions on what to buy or avoid when it comes to filaments.

I'm completely new to 3d printing so I was going to start with pla, I was thinking of buying a spool of Amazonbasics pla to get me going so I don't waste a spool of the more expensive stuff whilst finding my feet. It's this a good idea? Or should I just pay up to make my life easier?

Any pointers or suggestions will be glady received. I've had a look around and a lot of suggestions point to sunlu and hatchbox anyone had experience with either?

Same here, ive ordered some black PLA along with my Ender but im looking at getting some white as this was out of stock. Checked a few websites but a lot seem to be out of stock or poor reviews.

Where did you order your printer from? im looking at delivery first week in February

Associate
3dprintz ltd, 3dfilaprint, Filamentive, 3djakeuk to name a few places.

Remember the Ender's are PTFE lined hotends so a max temp of really only 240°c so it PLA, flexible and some PETg only on them. No higher temp stuff like abs, ASA, hips etc.

Associate
OP
3dprintz ltd, 3dfilaprint, Filamentive, 3djakeuk to name a few places.

Remember the Ender's are PTFE lined hotends so a max temp of really only 240°c so it PLA, flexible and some PETg only on them. No higher temp stuff like abs, ASA, hips etc.

Noted, the abs issue isn't something I've read about as of yet but thanks for the heads up.

Soldato
With pla for normal colours, I aim for one that are about £15 a roll, never had a problem with any of the different brands I have brought so far

Associate
OP
I'll have a look tonight, cheers. I've already assembled and power tested my ender making sure I left the z stop higher than it needed to be so I don't crash into the build plate, so far so good.

With pla for normal colours, I aim for one that are about £15 a roll, never had a problem with any of the different brands I have brought so far
Any particular brand you find yourself coming back to?

Back
Top Bottom