TV Licence Super Thread

Soldato
Look back a page or two and youll see the exane I am talking of.

Thread is full of similar examples, I find it funny you guys are like a cult. Whatever keeps you happy.
That's funny because the people acting like a cult are you guys. Like the others you come across as seeing everyone who isn't paying to be in your group a criminal. We are fed up of people like you trying to make us all sound like criminals. Yes a tiny amount of people are trying to evade the law that doesn't mean all of us are. The majority of us do not need a license but you seem to like to pretend otherwise and call the majority of us criminal trying to evade the law. More people posted over the past few pages that don't need a license then those that are trying to evade a license.

Associate
I love how those that don't need the licence so don't blindly pay for something they don't require are the ones in a cult.

He has a fundamental misunderstanding of the law and TV licence regulations, but is so set in his way that he doesn't understand that some people don't need one.

Soldato
I gave you 3 examples one page back, I find way more if I could be bothered to read back.

Which I see you didn't have anything to say on that.
We do have something to say. You ignored the majority of people who don't need a license and are not trying to evaded a license. Its not a hobby or cult. We don't want to be dealing with consent threats just because we don't need a license.

Associate
I gave you 3 examples one page back, I find way more if I could be bothered to read back.

Which I see you didn't have anything to say on that.

That isn't evidence nor an admission.

@Nasher said he worked at the army base, not lived there.
@silvagti has a licence and said as much.
@alchal simply said they put off theirs for a year. If this means they need one then they should be buying one. But this is no admission that a licence was required.

Associate
We do have something to say. You ignored the majority of people who don't need a license and are not trying to evaded a license. Its not a hobby or cult. We don't want to be dealing with consent threats just because we don't need a license.

Sounds to me that he's taring us all with the same brush, labelling us all as criminals.

He should post more, he'll be popular :D

Permabanned
I will repeat for the third time, if you don't watch TV then I agree with you. But the data suggestions around 50% of people that don't pay TV license do so when they should.

You choose to look the other way on the examples I gave you, but we know that they all should have TV licenses, Silvagti in one sentence claimed he needed a license as he was with sky, then asked if there was a way around it in his second, dubious at best.

This will be my last post, I'd love to post more but I don't want to be associated with a cult.

Soldato
I will repeat for the third time, if you don't watch TV then I agree with you. But the data suggestions around 50% of people that don't pay TV license do so when they should.

You choose to look the other way on the examples I gave you, but we know that they all should have TV licenses, Silvagti in one sentence claimed he needed a license as he was with sky, then asked if there was a way around it in his second, dubious at best.

This will be my last post, I'd love to post more but I don't want to be associated with a cult.
Glad you are gone as the only person acting like a cult is you. There is nothing worse then the BBC cult members coming in here painting a fake brush over the majority of people who do not join and pay. I don't believe that 50% number and once you factor in the bullying and people forced into a license who didn't need one we end up with the majority like myself as innocent. So go back to your BBC cult and the other BBC bullies we don't need that type of person here.

You say you don't want to be associated with a cult. But your actions associated yourself with the BBC cult who try to force and bully everyone into joining and paying for memebership.

Soldato
Silvagti in one sentence claimed he needed a license as he was with sky, then asked if there was a way around it in his second, dubious at best.
Lets take a look at what he actually said:
If it wasn't for the fact that I have sky tv, as my significant other enjoys watching it, I'd have cancelled it.

I'm assuming there's no way of getting out of the TV licence if you have sky TV?
So he has a licence, and is clarifying what the law is, there is nothing "sneaky" about that. He clearly doesn't like paying for it, perhaps because he doesn't watch BBC content, and so why pay it if he doesn't have to, but he does have to, and he pays it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Glad you are gone as the only person acting like a cult is you. There is nothing worse then the BBC cult members coming in here painting a fake brush over the majority of people who do not join and pay. I don't believe that 50% number and once you factor in the bullying and people forced into a license who didn't need one we end up with the majority like myself as innocent. So go back to your BBC cult and the other BBC bullies we don't need that type of person here.

You say you don't want to be associated with a cult. But your actions associated yourself with the BBC cult who try to force and bully everyone into joining and paying for memebership.
I don’t think you’re in a cult, I also don’t believe he’s in a cult. It’s just that no one has the evidence to back up their opinions. There are plenty of people in this thread evading the license (when they need one) and many who genuinely don’t need one.

Capodecina
Soldato
. . . There are plenty of people in this thread evading the license (when they need one) and many who genuinely don’t need one.
Whilst that may well be true, what is more significant is that people are so reluctant to pay for a service which is a benchmark for independence, impartiality and lack of bias. I suspect that they have never experienced the awfulness that is TV in the USA - radio there is better than TV but still tends to be terribly parochial.

Incidentally, I do accept that alongside those who are simply too mean to pay for something that they can steal for free there are also those who cannot tolerate the expression of views different to theirs; in their ideal world, the BBC would be deplatformed.

Soldato
people are so reluctant to pay for a service which is a benchmark for independence, impartiality and lack of bias.

That's overcomplicating the matter.

People are reluctant to pay for something that they don't require, the same reason that they might choose to not sign up to a weekly subscription of The Economist, for example.

Soldato
Whilst that may well be true, what is more significant is that people are so reluctant to pay for a service which is a benchmark for independence, impartiality and lack of bias. I suspect that they have never experienced the awfulness that is TV in the USA - radio there is better than TV but still tends to be terribly parochial.

Incidentally, I do accept that alongside those who are simply too mean to pay for something that they can steal for free there are also those who cannot tolerate the expression of views different to theirs; in their ideal world, the BBC would be deplatformed.
While I don't see BBC anywhere near FoxNews style. BBC long ago lost the benchmark for independence, impartiality and lack of bias. Sure the BBC of old was like that but not the modern day mess we have now whicH I see as a long way from a good example it used to be. Not sure when it all went wrong the BBC was great in the 80's and 90's. BBC these days is closer to CNN then the old days.

Back
Top Bottom