• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I’m the same with the 3x Ventus, but I don’t think there’s been any in like rwo months, is there some reason why MSI is not sending that many cards here?
It's not the same with Ventus, Ventus have had no deliveries at all since before Christmas. I'm 4th in queue. Any movement you have had has been cancellations

Associate
Was 17th in queue. As of the update sent out today, I'm 9th in queue for a ASUS 3080 ROG Strix OC. As there were 15 coming in 2 separate deliveries on 28th, I'm guessing that means 6 of them arrived today.
Or maths doesn't work as I once thought it did :p
Considering how bat-shot crazy life has been since coronavirus, that might not be so far fetched.:eek: ;)

Associate
This is just from reading rumours. Gigabyte may have discontinued the Eagle models.

Well that's not great news/rumours. Reputable source or just people surmising from lack of stock? I tried my hand at team red last week, but it's now awaiting RMA as displayports don't work. In over 40 years of computing (yes, I bought a ZX81, and still have my Spectrum!!), this is the worst time for getting anything pc related. It's not just GPUs, put PSUs, CPUs etc. TLAs are the only thing in abundance!!

Associate
Is it possible to get in any que now ? I highly doubt it but just asking in case that it could be possible and i missed something :)

All this stock mess makes me think, if it's a good idea to wait at least until March to get a 3080 or wait a bit more and get the 4080 instead. Unless there will be a miracle in February and everything starts rolling out smoothly.

Associate
Thank you for that
And it's not like I'm swimming in stock there either. There's nearly 200 customers in the queue for 3080 systems too.

Yeah And I am one of them- luckily when I called last week I believe I was 4th and just waiting on the card so that's nice! waiting sucks, but at least there's something nice to look forward to at the end of it ^^

Associate
Was 17th in queue. As of the update sent out today, I'm 9th in queue for a ASUS 3080 ROG Strix OC. As there were 15 coming in 2 separate deliveries on 28th, I'm guessing that means 6 of them arrived today.
Or maths doesn't work as I once thought it did :p
Considering how bat-shot crazy life has been since coronavirus, that might not be so far fetched.:eek: ;)

I was 20th, now 12th. Fingers crossed, not much longer to wait.

Associate
Well that's not great news/rumours. Reputable source or just people surmising from lack of stock? I tried my hand at team red last week, but it's now awaiting RMA as displayports don't work. In over 40 years of computing (yes, I bought a ZX81, and still have my Spectrum!!), this is the worst time for getting anything pc related. It's not just GPUs, put PSUs, CPUs etc. TLAs are the only thing in abundance!!

No reputable sources. Hopefully it’s nothing but just thought I’d mention it.
Thankfully everything I wanted dropped into stock somewhere within a few days but it’s crazy just now, a ‘perfect storm’. I’ve not quite had 40 years yet, but started with an Amstrad 464 (green screen) about 36 years ago!
Shame about your AMD card. :(

Associate
@ScottiB i'm mid 50s in the TUF non-OC queue, will i be getting my card in the upcoming shipments? can't find any clarification if it's 50+20 or 50 overall.

when i was in touch with ASUS the best part of a month back they said they'd clear 80+ within the "next couple of weeks", then cited brexit for the delay when they missed that date. i assume this is that shipment?

Associate
No reputable sources. Hopefully it’s nothing but just thought I’d mention it.
Thankfully everything I wanted dropped into stock somewhere within a few days but it’s crazy just now, a ‘perfect storm’. I’ve not quite had 40 years yet, but started with an Amstrad 464 (green screen) about 36 years ago!
Shame about your AMD card. :(
Green screens! You absolutely knew you'd not only gone digital with a green screen, but also that you were at the forefront of technology, and that also, if you could get your modem to work, you'd also be able to hack into NATO and start/avert WWIII :) !!! I also remember there were absolutely no GPU shortages in those days either ;)

Associate
Urgh, since RMAing my card 7 weeks ago I’ve gone from position 69 (ahem) to position 63. Thats 7 weeks I’ve been unable to use ANY of the sizeable investment in my PC or leverage my Gsync HDR monitor (corporate laptop with intel graphics aint doing that). Today thought I’d give in and buy a basic card for 2D till I get a replacement but looks like to get displayport I’m going to have to spend another £170+. Gaming PC interest got me into my job over 20 years ago, built them constantly till about 8 years ago. Returned to it last year, experience has been overall so utterly shiite I think I’m done.

Associate
Urgh, since RMAing my card 7 weeks ago I’ve gone from position 69 (ahem) to position 63. Thats 7 weeks I’ve been unable to use ANY of the sizeable investment in my PC or leverage my Gsync HDR monitor (corporate laptop with intel graphics aint doing that). Today thought I’d give in and buy a basic card for 2D till I get a replacement but looks like to get displayport I’m going to have to spend another £170+. Gaming PC interest got me into my job over 20 years ago, built them constantly till about 8 years ago. Returned to it last year, experience has been overall so utterly shiite I think I’m done.
Depends what you want. Todays games are awesome in general, but you might not need DP if your frame rate and res don't warrant it. I've been gaming on a 3440 x 1440 ultrawide with a 1080 GTX, and it's been fine with HDMI. However, I want to use my HP Reverb which is DP only, and the GTX does it, but doesn't have the oomph to get playable at effectively 4k in VR. If not for the VR, I'd stick quite happily with HDMI and the GTX. Just as well, as a 3080 seems like it's quite literally years away, despite a 4 month wait already. Have to say though, if you don't have a capable GPU now, I don't envy you - if my recent purchase had actually worked, my used GTX would sell on an auction site for £50 more than I paid after nearly 3 years use!!

Associate
Depends what you want. Todays games are awesome in general, but you might not need DP if your frame rate and res don't warrant it. I've been gaming on a 3440 x 1440 ultrawide with a 1080 GTX, and it's been fine with HDMI. However, I want to use my HP Reverb which is DP only, and the GTX does it, but doesn't have the oomph to get playable at effectively 4k in VR. If not for the VR, I'd stick quite happily with HDMI and the GTX. Just as well, as a 3080 seems like it's quite literally years away, despite a 4 month wait already. Have to say though, if you don't have a capable GPU now, I don't envy you - if my recent purchase had actually worked, my used GTX would sell on an auction site for £50 more than I paid after nearly 3 years use!!

Problem is I don’t have ANY GPU now, my Zotac 3080 only decided to develop its cheap arse fan issue after I’d sold my 5700XT sadly. My X35 has always displayed Ultrawide on displayport but anything I’ve tried on HDMI has never gone over 1980x1080 so wary of buying the cheapest £50 GPU with HDMI only to find the same. And why should I have to pay even £50 when I’ve been sold defective goods by Zotac, whole thing sucks to be honest.

Associate
Problem is I don’t have ANY GPU now, my Zotac 3080 only decided to develop its cheap arse fan issue after I’d sold my 5700XT sadly. My X35 has always displayed Ultrawide on displayport but anything I’ve tried on HDMI has never gone over 1980x1080 so wary of buying the cheapest £50 GPU with HDMI only to find the same. And why should I have to pay even £50 when I’ve been sold defective goods by Zotac, whole thing sucks to be honest.
I feel your pain. I'm just glad I didn't stick the 1080 on flea bay before I had a proper test of the 6800XT which is going back. Not sure why the HDMI won't do your native res - it does on mine - but ultimately, like you, I just want something I've paid for to a) ariive, and b) work properly. Good luck, it's a bloody nightmare out there....

Associate
Slightly random subject but I noticed a few more of the same questions being asked so I wanted to lighten the mood a bit, And get some advice in the process.

Does anyone know a nice place to get 24" (or more) monitors at a decent ish price?
Up until today I have been gaming on my sofa with my keyboard on my lap and the TV, yes, not ideal- especially not with a lower spinal injury such as I have; its been about 8 years but today I finally got a desk (HOOOOORAAAAY)

however, Im finding myself studying raid tactics, Keystone paths, checking discord messages etc and it occurs to me that I could reaaaaaally benefit from a second monitor- so if you guys have any reccommendations for where a nice place to get them is (and good makes/models to go for) I'd be really appreciative.

(If this post breaches the rules of the forum please do let me know guys and I will remove it, but I don't -think- it does, but if it does that's totally my bad and I'll fix it ^^)

Thanks!

Associate

3440x1440p over HDMI?? thats a 50Hz max. have the AW34320DW here and have my work laptop hooked up over HDMI, and have a 2070 mobile over DP to get the 120Hz. not sure if you'd call 50Hz "getting by", but i play mostly open world stuff anyway. not a huge FPS fan, play a few on a different monitor.

Back
Top Bottom