Firefox 84.0.2?

Soldato
OP
Soldato
85.0 is now available with the standout new feature the introduction of network partitioning.

I somewhat feel like it shouldn't really be news as it's under the hood tweaking. Gone are the days of the mega updates from FF1 to FF2 etc.

Soldato
85.0 is now available with the standout new feature the introduction of network partitioning.

I somewhat feel like it shouldn't really be news as it's under the hood tweaking. Gone are the days of the mega updates from FF1 to FF2 etc.

Network partitioning is a massive feature. It is not just "tweaking".

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
After the update the address bar gets bigger when focused on again.. I turned that feature off in the first version that had it, but the same way I did it doesn't work now. So what is the way now? Found it, can't have a option in setting/prefs, no that is to easy
https://www.askvg.com/tip-the-best-working-method-to-get-classic-address-bar-in-mozilla-firefox/

Easy fix, there's an option to untick in settings to stop it expanding on click: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1295653

Worked perfectly for me

Capodecina
Soldato
Network partitioning is a massive feature. It is not just "tweaking".
For whom is "Network partitioning a massive feature" :confused:

I had never heard of it, Googled it, got an undoubtedly "learned" but not particularly helpful Wikipedia reference and references to "Network partitioning being the process of creating zones or territories from a street network" which is I suspect not what you were referring to ;)

I suspect that this feature is only a "massive feature" for a very small subset of Firefox users.

As someone has pointed out, the latest version of Firefox is 85.0

Soldato
I suspect that this feature is only a "massive feature" for a very small subset of Firefox users.

When I said massive feature I meant in terms of programming. They had to redo whole parts of how Firefox handled networking in order to improve the privacy of the browser. I assume people want more privacy?

Capodecina
Soldato
When I said massive feature I meant in terms of programming. They had to redo whole parts of how Firefox handled networking in order to improve the privacy of the browser. I assume people want more privacy?
I definitely want more privacy!
I have no doubt that developers have had to "redo whole parts of how Firefox handled networking" and I am genuinely very grateful for their selfless dedication.

. . . but . . .

Sadly, I am still none the wiser (and probably no worse off) for not knowing what exactly Network Partitioning is . . . I am still grateful and a dedicated Mozilla admirer :)

Soldato
Yay! Just read the release notes. Multiple picture in picture for video is going to be so good. I can have YouTube playing some of my favourite music quietly in the background while watching learning videos simultaneously.

Back
Top Bottom