*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Associate
Hi all interested in picking one of these up, but as someone who has experienced motion sickness with VR goggles before, can I check if the quest 2 is any better at reducing this?

Admittedly, I've only experienced the cheap Google cardboard efforts.

Any opinions from people who may have experienced VR motion sickness before?

Caporegime
Hi all interested in picking one of these up, but as someone who has experienced motion sickness with VR goggles before, can I check if the quest 2 is any better at reducing this?

Admittedly, I've only experienced the cheap Google cardboard efforts.

Any opinions from people who may have experienced VR motion sickness before?

I've only ever used the Quest 2 and get pretty intense motion sickness on anything with free movement in it (within a few minutes I'm sweaty, hot and done for the day) oddly I've never had motion sickness before VR. I'm fine with stationary games and teleporting motion so its not a major issue.

Stationary games tried - I Expect You To Die, Space Pirate Trainer, Job Simulator

Teleporting - HL Alyx, Vader Immortal, Saints and Sinners

Last edited:
Soldato
Lots of people have said you can develop your VR legs as well, so start with stationary games, then move to teleport, then try small amounts of free movement.

The main thing to do with VR sickness is if you feel ill, STOP immediately, and take a break. Then come back to it when you feel better. If you try to push through it then you just train your brain to associate VR with feeling sick. That's very difficult to overcome.

Associate
Arizona Sunshine is currently almost 40% off on Quest today. I think it expires tonight, maybe tomorrow. I already own it on steam but am more likely to play it standalotso have grabbed it. £18. Not bad.

Soldato
Arizona Sunshine is currently almost 40% off on Quest today. I think it expires tonight, maybe tomorrow. I already own it on steam but am more likely to play it standalotso have grabbed it. £18. Not bad.

Yeah, I've got it on Oculus and Steam (bought during sales), and grabbed it for the Quest last night as I really felt restricted when playing on PC in my attic - always banging my controllers against the walls and objects when opening drawers, etc.

It's amazing this actually works on Quest 2 and it looks very good for a native title.

Soldato

Nice find. Oculus doesn't have a way you can filter by 'on sale' games unless I'm mistaken, which wouldn't be an issue if they advertised on the home page or had it in their daily deals section.
It seems it would just be luck if you were to come across it at a sale price. Doesn't make sense to me!

Some people say just buy Saints & Sinner instead, but I thought I'd have a crack at it for £18.
If the gameplay is good, I'm not fussed about the graphics, especially as I'm new to VR anyway.

Associate
The main thing to do with VR sickness is if you feel ill, STOP immediately, and take a break. Then come back to it when you feel better. If you try to push through it then you just train your brain to associate VR with feeling sick. That's very difficult to overcome.

Thanks all

Deffinetly interested. Do I need the 256gb or can I get away with the 64gb?

Soldato
Thanks all

Deffinetly interested. Do I need the 256gb or can I get away with the 64gb?

Depends on if you plan on storing and watching films on the headset itself I reckon. Or if you're a games hoarder that has to have everything installed just in case. If you're happy to uninstall some games, 64gb is more than enough. Think about 10gb is taken up with operating system etc. Then games are normally 1-2gb, with the biggest around 12gb I believe? So you'd have to make quite a push to fill it (without videos).

Personally, if 400 is your budget, i'd go 64gb, with leftover for a few accessories and a couple of games.

These "offers" are not that great. The game prices on the store are very high to start with and not worth buying at full retail. They always have them on offer at some point, so you can just wait until your game you want is cheaper on offer. I find it much better to buy the games elsewhere. For example, the humble VR bundle had loads of games which Oculus are selling for the full, inflated retail prices. Admittedly they were games I played once and never again but it shows to shop around for them. Check CDkeys and steam as they are probably cheaper there, unless they are exclusives.

Soldato
These "offers" are not that great. The game prices on the store are very high to start with and not worth buying at full retail. They always have them on offer at some point, so you can just wait until your game you want is cheaper on offer. I find it much better to buy the games elsewhere. For example, the humble VR bundle had loads of games which Oculus are selling for the full, inflated retail prices. Admittedly they were games I played once and never again but it shows to shop around for them. Check CDkeys and steam as they are probably cheaper there, unless they are exclusives.

But none of that helps with standalone titles... unless you want a wire/virtual desktop it.

Soldato

Not really following you here.

30% off isn't that great because you can just wait until the game you want is on sale? But that could take months. And many games only get small discounts. Best Saber has never been on offer on Quest, while recent discounts on big games like Population: One and Until You Fall have been <10%. 30% would beat almost every "Daily Deal" since they started the promotion back up after Christmas.

Personally, I'm gutted that I've never had one of these codes. They bring a bunch of Quest games down to prices which could almost be considered reasonable :p

Back
Top Bottom