What watch do you wear?

Soldato
One of three of the Watchgecko sale straps I ordered arrived today, Veryan NATO in green from WatchGecko. £5.51, bargain. I think it matches this watch better than the Marine Nationale NATO in Desert Sand / Beige Stripe, that I paid nearly 4x the amount for.

0rnm6Zy.jpg

Pet Northerner
Don
For what seemed liked years to find a new daily, I came across one I really loved but had difficulty getting one directly from Japan in brand new condition. Anyway managed to find one and bought it.

Seiko SBDC055 JDM Prospex Diver 62MAS Re Edition - Rubber strap is fine but I think I want a premium Nato one maybe SS im not sure. Pictures don't do it justice but the blue to black is beautifully done and the ripple/wave effect changes in different light conditions it really pops. :)

Oh my that's nice!

Soldato
Tudor Black Bay Black turned up

PXL-20210217-120528289-PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL-20210217-120645231-PORTRAIT.jpg

Man of Honour
Looks too thick to be the 58, plus strap combos are not the same!

I notice that Tudor fit the straps the other way round so the tail is facing you when worn, why is this? Seen a few others do this too like Grand Seiko. I can't stand how it looks, it looks wrong I tell you :D

Soldato
It's a Black Bay Black - 79230N

Came with a NATO and a Leather strap - and yup, the straps are fitted the 'wrong way' vs my Omega's NATO, pretty odd, and the first thing I noticed too!

So far very comfortable, totally different from the Omega. Itching to test out the lume!

Man of Honour
One of three of the Watchgecko sale straps I ordered arrived today, Veryan NATO in green from WatchGecko. £5.51, bargain. I think it matches this watch better than the Marine Nationale NATO in Desert Sand / Beige Stripe, that I paid nearly 4x the amount for.

0rnm6Zy.jpg

I chuffing love NATO's on watches that suit them (and this one does). It's so easy and cheap to swap them around and keep the watch looking fresh.

Soldato
I chuffing love NATO's on watches that suit them (and this one does). It's so easy and cheap to swap them around and keep the watch looking fresh.

It's really true. It's crazy how much they can freshen up a watch if it's suited for it.

Earlier this week I had a look at my collection and I really just need to sell some on. A few Orient watches (I'll keep the first one, as that was my first automatic watch), Seiko 5 and various others that I just don't wear at all. I think I can get my collection down to around 10. I no longer see the point of owning anything that doesn't get any wear time tbh. If I'm not wearing it, then why own it.

That damn Speedy is a nightmare. I really wish an AD was open and I could just go take a look at one and hopefully, don't like it. :p

Back
Top Bottom