NR200 Owner's Thread

Associate
[/QUOTE]
Hi had the NR200p since it came out and thought I would post my current build before watercooling.

I have 3 fans (2 below the gpu, 1 at the top) connected to the gpu pwm via a splitter and into the fan hub so they do not spin unless the gpu is in use which I really like as the system is silent under light load, those fans have a noctua low noice adapter on them as well so when the gpu is used they are nice and quite.

Full specs

Ryzen 7 3700x on a MSI 450 itx gaming cooled by a noctua C14s with a cromax a14 fan
32 GB DDR 4 3600
RX 6800 reference
EVGA 650w g2 sff psu
500gb samsung 970 a 2 x 1tb ssds.
2 x Noctua NF-F12 PWM chromax below the GPU ,1x Noctua NF-P12s redux and 1x Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM at the top of the case.

I did have a Powercolor Red Devil rx5700xt with a deshroud mod with the 2 noctua NF-F12 and that worked really well, if anyone has a 2.5/3 slot card I can recommend.

New water cooled version. Same Specs as above just with a 280mm Corsair radiator at the bottom being feed by 2 Noctua 140mm NF-A14 pwm. Barrow CPU block, pump and res combo on the AMD 3700x, the rx 6800 has an ex waterblock on it. 2 x A12x15 for top exaust.

Not quite finished as I am waiting for some rgb to go behind the glass pannel which I have mirror tinted.

Associate
Just to clarify the likely obvious if someone would be kind enough to give a yeh or nay.

The best or near enough best fan setup for this box if going with air would be...

Fuma 2 with the stock fans it comes with.
2 x Noctua A12x25 PWM fans for exhaust.
2 x Noctua A12x25 PWM fans for intake.

Seen the odd person doing the Fuma 2 as intake on the rear so an extra 92mm fan can be squashed in but seemed a bit of a bodge and nobody confirmed improvements doing so to my knowledge.

Finally, the side fan bracket could easily enough be cut down and adapted to allow one side fan closest to the front of the case to be installed even with a tall air cooler, nobody seems to be doing that?

Only other question sorry, is the GPU is deshrouding doing much for people? Again, found a few reddit posts but not enough to get a clear idea on if a good idea.

CPU is 5950x / gpu AIB 3080

Associate
Just to clarify the likely obvious if someone would be kind enough to give a yeh or nay.

The best or near enough best fan setup for this box if going with air would be...

Seen the odd person doing the Fuma 2 as intake on the rear so an extra 92mm fan can be squashed in but seemed a bit of a bodge and nobody confirmed improvements doing so to my knowledge.

Finally, the side fan bracket could easily enough be cut down and adapted to allow one side fan closest to the front of the case to be installed even with a tall air cooler, nobody seems to be doing that?

Only other question sorry, is the GPU is deshrouding doing much for people? Again, found a few reddit posts but not enough to get a clear idea on if a good idea.

Not sure about the CPU cooler but I did do a GPU deshroud with with a Red Devil 5700xt and 2 noctua NF-F12 fans which worked extremely well.

Associate

Are you using the Noctua's as case fans? If so, why not go for the Artic P12s instead? For case fans, they will perform the same and you save a lot of money.

Regarding deshrouding, I can't go back to a stock cooler. I have 2 slim Noctua's on my GPU and while temps are a good 6/7C cooler its the noise difference...its massive.

Associate
Are you using the Noctua's as case fans? If so, why not go for the Artic P12s instead? For case fans, they will perform the same and you save a lot of money.

Regarding deshrouding, I can't go back to a stock cooler. I have 2 slim Noctua's on my GPU and while temps are a good 6/7C cooler its the noise difference...its massive.

Hiya, well I was, yes quite an outlay at £120 for 4.
Cheers for the shroud pointer, so you mean the 15mm fans and just to be sure, you mean blowing air on to the graphics card both from the case fans at the bottom and on the card itself that has been deshrouded, and not in reverse to exhaust out the bottom?

Thanks

Associate
Hiya, well I was, yes quite an outlay at £120 for 4.
Cheers for the shroud pointer, so you mean the 15mm fans and just to be sure, you mean blowing air on to the graphics card both from the case fans at the bottom and on the card itself that has been deshrouded, and not in reverse to exhaust out the bottom?

Thanks

I have a sandwich layout so I have air blowing onto the graphics card.

For the NR200, it really depends on the thickness of your card. From my research, if your fans are touching the GPU and of course the bottom while using the vented side panel - exhaust works best. Otherwise blowing air onto the GPU works best.

The only real way to find out is to test :).

Associate
8xyH4q7.png
I went a bit mad with the fans!
1 x Corsair SP120 on top (no room for 2 with the ATX PSU)
2 x Noctua A12x25 on the bottom with the surrounds painted black
1 x Noctua NF-P12 Redux 900RPM on the back
1 x Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200RPM in the PSU
The loudest thing now is coil whine from the PSU and GPU

Associate
8xyH4q7.png
I went a bit mad with the fans!
1 x Corsair SP120 on top (no room for 2 with the ATX PSU)
2 x Noctua A12x25 on the bottom with the surrounds painted black
1 x Noctua NF-P12 Redux 900RPM on the back
1 x Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200RPM in the PSU
The loudest thing now is coil whine from the PSU and GPU

This is awesome.

Did you 3D print your own ATX brackets or get a company to do it for you? I will need to do the same when the case comes into stock.

Soldato
For anyone using the Scythe Big Shuriken 3 cooler for their CPU. What sort of temps are you seeing?

I was idling around 45-50 and in games I’m seeing low 80s. This is on a 5600X CPU. I know that’s not necessarily bad but I’m sure I saw others with temps that were better than that.

I’ve swapped the Scythe fan for an Arctic P12 fan so if anything I’d expect better than standard temps.

The only other fans I have are 2 x 120mm fans in the top as exhaust.

Soldato
After all that effort too? That's a real shame. I hope the NR200 and the rest of your PC went to a good home.

All sold on here and a few parts to my brother, still got some bits left on the MM Inc the cooler

Got bored of trying to get a new GPU and was on the fence when the bought the NR200P wish I did it then tbh the Xbox is is pretty amazing for the price especially when you see the price of GPUs, Vega 56 went for £430 that paid for the Xbox in just one part :p

Soldato
OP
For anyone using the Scythe Big Shuriken 3 cooler for their CPU. What sort of temps are you seeing?

I was idling around 45-50 and in games I’m seeing low 80s. This is on a 5600X CPU. I know that’s not necessarily bad but I’m sure I saw others with temps that were better than that.

I’ve swapped the Scythe fan for an Arctic P12 fan so if anything I’d expect better than standard temps.

The only other fans I have are 2 x 120mm fans in the top as exhaust.

That's a lot higher than I get with a Ryzen 5 2600. I idle at 37'C-42'C, and just ran a few benchmarks (CPU stress test + TW:WH2 & FH4 benchmarks) to check load temps. Topped out at 62's. That's with 4x Arctic P12s running around 940 RPM (maybe the occasional and very slight ramp up from here) and an LL120 on the cooler running between 1,000 and 1,200 RPM. GPU is an RTX 3060 Ti.

How do your CPU temps fare in a CPU-only test? If your temps are high in a CPU test, it might be worth remounting the cooler and/or upgrading the thermal paste. If temps are alright in a CPU test but high in gaming, then it's probably the GPU's waste heat causing issues.

Associate
I have 3800xt to 4500 1.3v with the fuma2, and the 6800xt, the cpu playing for example cyberpunk I have an average of 70 degrees with maximum peaks of. 82 to 83 degrees, I don't know if it's okay or change the cpu fans, I just use an exhaust fan

Soldato
That's a lot higher than I get with a Ryzen 5 2600. I idle at 37'C-42'C, and just ran a few benchmarks (CPU stress test + TW:WH2 & FH4 benchmarks) to check load temps. Topped out at 62's. That's with 4x Arctic P12s running around 940 RPM (maybe the occasional and very slight ramp up from here) and an LL120 on the cooler running between 1,000 and 1,200 RPM. GPU is an RTX 3060 Ti.

How do your CPU temps fare in a CPU-only test? If your temps are high in a CPU test, it might be worth remounting the cooler and/or upgrading the thermal paste. If temps are alright in a CPU test but high in gaming, then it's probably the GPU's waste heat causing issues.

Yeah good point on the GPU waste heat. The temps were better with the AMD Wraith Prism cooler I used until the Shuriken arrived. I’ve remounted it already, and looking at the paste after removing it, the cooler cold plate may need lapped. I’m using Thermal Grizzly paste so don’t think it’s the paste causing the issue.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom