• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
12/02 - 93
19/02 - 93
26/02 - 93

Things are looking great for the ASUS TUF 3080. With the 3 cards coming in soon I'll get mine in no time!
did the ramped up stcok in november never happen (according to asus it did) and are people just ordering premade builds to avoid waiting a year to get a product they ordered in good faith/

Associate
did the ramped up stcok in november never happen (according to asus it did) and are people just ordering premade builds to avoid waiting a year to get a product they ordered in good faith/
Looking at my queue numbers, no. There was no ramping up. It was pretty much a linear decline up until around the end of November, where the shipments actually slowed down.

Now this slow down might actually be just people not cancelling anymore but it continued until January. There have been two nice shipments for the non-OC so far this year so I'm staying positive. Still sucks that I ordered on release day and I'm in this position :/

Associate
Looking at my queue numbers, no. There was no ramping up. It was pretty much a linear decline up until around the end of November, where the shipments actually slowed down.

Now this slow down might actually be just people not cancelling anymore but it continued until January. There have been two nice shipments for the non-OC so far this year so I'm staying positive. Still sucks that I ordered on release day and I'm in this position :/
..no ASUS made more stock just OCUK was unable to secure any

Soldato

The cards have dried up as crypto started rising as AIBs are selling directly to miners for more profit while cutting out the middlemen.

Associate
The problem isnt the making more stock or receiving more stock the issue has really been ASUS and nvidia have promised updates and provided nothing, if you mail ASUS they will say WOW you managed to get into a queue, the reality is expectations need to be set and expectations need to be managed but without ASUS and NVIDIA setting expectations OCUK have nothing to manage,hence the ... no update .. no news .. dont really know

Associate
The cards have dried up as crypto started rising as AIBs are selling directly to miners for more profit while cutting out the middlemen.
CAnt the companies be held to accoutn for honoring their pre-orders though? as this would mean the problem isnt the guys buying for mining it would meant the problem is its them and or their suppliers?

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
CAnt the companies be held to accoutn for honoring their pre-orders though? as this would mean the problem isnt the guys buying for mining it would meant the problem is its them and or their suppliers?
Unfortunately not. As far as OcUK is concerned, the contract of sales is not final until the we ship the goods and B2B orders, such as us buying from suppliers, simply aren't subject to any protection at all.

the only way to negatively impact those responsible for the lack of supply is to voice your displeasure on their social media and buy an alternative product instead of theirs.

Associate
Unfortunately not. As far as OcUK is concerned, the contract of sales is not final until the we ship the goods and B2B orders, such as us buying from suppliers, simply aren't subject to any protection at all.

the only way to negatively impact those responsible for the lack of supply is to voice your displeasure on their social media and buy an alternative product instead of theirs.

Thanks ScottiB

Associate

I wonder what will happen the first time someone challenges the fairness of that contract in court.

Back
Top Bottom