Keeping up with the Markles

Soldato
I would like to think that I am reasonably straight talking and am happy to challenge people if they are being hypocritical and fully expect to be challenged when I do the same. In life that we are all hypocrites at times, nobody is immune, but some self awareness and a willingness to accept when we have been wrong is an important character quality.

I agree. I just think if you start calling people out (especially those in the public eye) for hypocrisy, it's a never ending hole. Especially when really, you only get to read or hear about what's said and done though the media. It's not like she's been elected and should be held up to the highest standards. The media haven't been all been straight with her and she's got a right to complain about that because they're regulated in that regard. Her behaviour or how she makes a living isn't in the same way.

Not that really I give a ****, which is why I don't really give a **** if she's being a hypocrite. That makes no difference to me. I'm more bothered about how the press treats it's readership TBH.

Soldato
This thread really is a joke. I feel sorry for some of your wives/girlfriends I really do. Know your place woman! :rolleyes:

The truth is none of us have any idea of the truth of all this. However I wouldn't believe anything The Firm are putting out as they have history of PR campaigns with the tabloid press as their attack dogs. Even the timing of these stories about Meghan being a bully are suspect. If she attacks back she is heartless as Philip is in hospital. I'll be amazed if the Palace didn't have a hand in this. Ex employees going to the press with stories about working for The Firm is frowned upon, you are basically never going to work in those circles again, unless you had permission of course.

Soldato
They haven't even asked the question...

How do you know? And why don't the BBC or ITV (I have no idea who is broadcasting it and have zero intention of watching it) move it to another night or after Philip is out of hospital? Where is the condemnation of them? For all those condemning it I bet the viewing figures will be through the roof!

Soldato
How do you know? And why don't the BBC or ITV (I have no idea who is broadcasting it and have zero intention of watching it) move it to another night or after Philip is out of hospital? Where is the condemnation of them? For all those condemning it I bet the viewing figures will be through the roof!

Its being aired in the USA first anyway. I don't like the whole charade personally and certainly won't be watching it.

Soldato
This thread really is a joke. I feel sorry for some of your wives/girlfriends I really do. Know your place woman! :rolleyes:

The truth is none of us have any idea of the truth of all this. However I wouldn't believe anything The Firm are putting out as they have history of PR campaigns with the tabloid press as their attack dogs. Even the timing of these stories about Meghan being a bully are suspect. If she attacks back she is heartless as Philip is in hospital. I'll be amazed if the Palace didn't have a hand in this. Ex employees going to the press with stories about working for The Firm is frowned upon, you are basically never going to work in those circles again, unless you had permission of course.

I think you just started your own smear campaign there. OK for you it seems.

Soldato
My wife and I won't be watching it, got better things to do than sit though an hour of her self indulgence.

Permabanned
Parental advice as to suitable and unsuitable partners is not something many should ignore, especially those in the public eye where disastrous relationships come under gleeful media scrutiny. Watching these two, (and the EU ;)) is definitely popcorn stuff...

Permabanned

I'm having to wonder if you are the sort who visits Miss Whiplash for some female dominance ;)

Man of Honour
ANYWAY, let's stop fighting over who did what to who, there is only one main question:

How will the two of them be accidentally killed and when?
I'm going for 6 months time and by a car jacker who will also be killed accidentally.

Caporegime

Well you could say the same about Harry and Megan and their antics in the press recently - stirring up some race angle, playing some sort of victim etc.. when the evidence suggests she's some rich, entitled bully herself. As if Will and Kate just had some big feud with them for fun or the resignation of two PAs in quick succession was somehow a conspiracy etc... This isn't just some new story either, it happened years ago. Commenting on the timing is a naive take from you tbh... as some of these incidents were reported on a couple of years ago when they occurred - pretty obvious why they're being brought up by the press now.

I'm sure there is plenty of pressure on someone coming into the Royal Family - some stuffy old-fashioned institution with archaic rules, expected behaviour etc.. there is a clear tradeoff someone needs to make if choosing to marry into that - you get the fancy palaces, titles, status etc.. but you have some expected behaviour too, you have to turn up at various appointments through the year, you can't just cash in on your status, the PR aspect isn't just about you personally but about the family as a whole and the monarch.

There were obvious pressures there as there would be for anyone marrying into that - though lets not pretend there is some previous pattern of behaviour here either - she's divorced once already (not uncommon I guess), though it seems the husband was ditched when she got her first big break in suits - she's also ditched her best friend and seemingly most of her childhood friends, she's ditched her dad too it seems - doesn't;t seem like anyone from her family was at the wedding - crazy sister or not - perhaps there was something to it... and now the pair of them have managed to alienate Harry's family too... but sure, Megan must be the victim here - all the other people in her personal life, whether friends,. family or staff must be in the wrong.

Back
Top Bottom