• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

VOUCHER CODE DEALS CONCEPT PLAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
@Gibbo Could I suggest that you give us, in the MM, a heads up of what will be available over a couple of days? Say, 3060 today for around XXX, a 3070 on Friday around yyy etc.

This would allow those of us who find decisions hard to plan ahead slightly, and give people time to decide what they actually want - rather than just buying the first available card.

You don't even really need to specify the exact SKU, just a chip type and guide price?

Also also, CPUs? 5900x???

Soldato
Realistically we are limited in what we can do. We don't really have the time or motivation to manually check, every time we do a card drop, whether any of the customers have bought a card previously. Also, we want to give those who might have a back order with us already the opportunity to pick up a card. Our systems aren't as smart as the Nvidia ones.

Our system limits based on the basket rather than the account (currently). However, duplicate orders are easier to spot and anybody seen to be putting in multiple orders for the same drop will have both orders cancelled.

HOWEVER

This guy has a definite point. Please don't just buy a card for the sake of it. Assuming this works we'll have more options open to us in the near future. Many of you have been patient up until now, it seems silly to ruin it for others by ditching that patience now.

I get his point, but I'd hardly call it patience, I've tried every launch so far, and checking stores multiple times a day but yet been unable to get anything...

And the issue is 'assuming this works', if it doesn't then I'd miss out on the chance of a 3060 and be back into not having an upgrade for what, 6 months? more?

If I get the 3060 and OcUK decide it didn't work then at least I've got a healthy upgrade *now* and it'll be easier to wait...

Associate
Yes thank you. I am after 1 card for my gaming pc but haven't been able to get any. Been a happy customer since 1999 when I purchased a 300mhz overclocked to 550mhz intel cpu back in the day!

Last edited:
Associate
Just want to say, Thanks for the effort put into this, and good luck to everyone who needs a card.

Was thinking about a 3060 or 3080 to replace my RX580 for the more modern games, but will keep an eye on things first as funds a tiny bit tight, so will see if the price and funds is right later on for me to join in. :)

Soldato
Long shot, but what about the old lurkers that don't have the post count - maybe 1k posts and six months or <1k posts and ten years? :p

The issue with long-term accounts is that you'll never know if the account was sold/stolen/hijacked by someone else. I.e. you might not be the person who created your account (not pointing at you BTW).

1k posts over 10 years isn't asking a lot. 100 posts a year is less than 2 posts per week.

Associate
The issue with long-term accounts is that you'll never know if the account was sold/stolen/hijacked by someone else. I.e. you might not be the person who created your account (not pointing at you BTW).

1k posts over 10 years isn't asking a lot. 100 posts a year is less than 2 posts per week.

i have been a member for nearly 20 years, but only 617 posts.

Associate
i have been a member for nearly 20 years, but only 617 posts.

I think in this instance, it's just the nature of the beast. If there was another way to go about it that can be given to the members of OCUK now, that route might have been taken already. But since there isn't, this option, although it does leave some of the long time (low post) users out, is going to be better than just looking at cards (then your bank balance) and having no chance at one for everyone. It bites, but... I don't see another way around it that doesn't cost time and money to implement right now and just delaying everything for everyone.

I feel it's the same as idea of "The One that Got Away", if you didn't take your chance at it, well... Does that mean no else should have a chance to go for it?

Although, I will freely admit that my normal posting frequency would not have been able to remotely get me close to what the post count you are at really, had there not been a nice influx of Photoshop requests over in GD that I joined in on. So I guess for anyone who's still lagging behind, to find something you enjoy and well, join in here on the OCUK forum (without post spamming of course).

Associate

Fair enough. I'm happy that the line gets drawn somewhere - it is what it is, and it's just nice to see companies doing something to stop scalpers and others looking to take advantage of the situation.

Not entirely convinced how many forum accounts on here get sold or stolen though - that may change when you can link monetary value to them, but do people really care about post count enough (before now) to buy or steal a forum account?

Associate
I think the 1000 minimum post count is essential for keeping out scalpers/bots/scammers .. date of membership is something easy - I have an old OCUK account on another email address from 2009 but it must have around 30 posts and I'm sure many many people have this situation but they wouldn't be deserving of this promotion and it would be very easy to sell your account because those with old accounts and low post numbers could just sell their details. A lot of low post accounts are not personally invested in helping the OCUK forums by contributing so probably couldn't care less.

Associate
Sure, 1000 of your english pounds to you Sir.

Don't say things like that, Lol. It seems like it is always a good/bad news situation when it comes to GPU's. Good news I could finally have a chance of getting a card but bad news in it being too expensive, and £1000 is way over my budget.

Hopefully @Gibbo shows mercy on us and gives us some good prices.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Please don't turn this into an argument about who is "worthy" or not. We are testing a concept and need a small, controlled traffic, private source to minimise interference from bots. The members market is the only viable place because every other option requires major alterations to how the forum works and we don't want to wait weeks to get started.

Read the opening post. There's a willingness to open up future sales should it work.

Caporegime
By the way someone has already posted about this on a Discord server I am on *rolls eyes*

Yup fully expecting this to get posted on hotukdeals etc., shame as in the OP, it does say that if this ends up there then they will scrap it entirely....

Be great if they could see the IP of those people on dc etc. then do a search for the ip on here and ban them from the forum + shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom