Ph.D / Doctoral study - request for participants.

• Thread starter Deleted member 66701
  • Start date

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Hi All

I am a doctoral student from Lancaster University, UK within the School of Computing and Communications. I am conducting a research study as part of my doctoral degree requirements. My study is titled Educational Resource Creation - A New Framework. The aim of the study is to investigate how educators create educational resources, the pressures this involves and best practices in the field. The answers to these questions will help provide a requirements framework for tools to help educators in creating resources, particularly around immersive technologies (Virtual Reality).

The study involves a 10 minute Qualtrics survey, If you an educator and interested in completing this survey please post here and I will private message you. I can't post the survey link openly as I have to do some minor vetting to ensure suitable participants first.

Many thanks.

Amiga!

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

OP
Or they worked harder ;)

In some respects maybe. However, more survey responses = more data analysis - so it's swings and roundabout really.

Same with writing papers. 30 years ago, you could get away with maybe 10 - 20 references for a full length paper. Now, you wont get anywhere with less than 40. That's more reading, more annotating etc.

I actually looked at a couple of workload studies for Ph.D students recently and hours worked and publications produced have actually been increasing steadily over the last 25 years.

But sure, take any chance to get to denigrate anyone trying to better themselves, that's your normal MO. I'd really appreciate you not trashing a thread in which I'm asking for help.

What's your Ph.D in btw?

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

OP
Who are the target audience for this framework?
You mentioned educators, but of which type?
Anyone that has any teaching responsibilities - qualified or unqualified - across any sector (primary, senior, FE or HE).

Capodecina
Soldato
I wonder how people did this before the internet?

A lot of uni work has moved exclusively online at the moment. I'm not saying that's the reason the OP is doing an internet survey as part of his research, but the current climate does make online surveys a viable additional data collection method whereas before they may not have been considered.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

OP
A lot of uni work has moved exclusively online at the moment. I'm not saying that's the reason the OP is doing an internet survey as part of his research, but the current climate does make online surveys a viable additional data collection method whereas before they may not have been considered.

Yup, it's a bit difficult to pop vr headsets on participants for a study at the moment :)

As part of this study I will also be doing semi structured interviews (also online) but I already have the participants lined up for that. The survey will provide data to help triangulate the interview data.

Back
Top Bottom