• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

VOUCHER CODE DEALS CONCEPT PLAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Couple of very distinctive and unique marks the idiot didn’t think to hide/cover.
I also messaged the clown on ebay and he replied which was the extra nail in the coffin.

Well this user had the same name on both accounts.

No distinctive marks. However it was a £300 sound card they picked up for buttons from mm then put up for around double the price they got it for a few weeks later claiming it was their nephews that he had bought elsewhere and asked him to sell it on for him.

How often does a nephew buy the exact same £300 sound card as their uncle and then ask their uncle to sell it on for them?

Mods weren't interested at all. Said I had zero proof. A £300 sound card is a very unique and unusual purchase to begin with. It's not something someone buys on a whim brand new then decides to sell a week or two later second hand. Yet apparently no concrete proof because I didn't have serial numbers of both means no action taken. Fair enough. But it's obvious what had happened in reality.

Associate
The problem, from my perspective, is that to someone who happened upon the page, which had a big "add to cart" button and a "10+ in stock" subtitle under the item was that the product was in stock.

I don't pretend to know the stock situation at OcUK, and I know how hard it is to get hold of one of these cards. I just assumed they'd managed to get a fair few in and was trying to get one for myself.

My point is it's quite disappointing to think you've finally managed to beat the bots and scalpers to secure a very sought after piece of hardware, and then find out it was a "software glitch".

Not entitled, more disappointed.
I just think its badly thought out and very cliquey. I mean imagine if i'd chimed in on these forums 6 months running and did nothing but sh*tpost. Would i really deserve voucher codes for that? XD

Associate
Disappointed is fine and natural, entitlement is another beast altogether, and I'm sorry to say people's posts don't generally come across as disappointed :(
Frustration would probably also play a part here, when I first logged in here (admittedly for the first time in over 10 years) it was to have a rant, but I've calmed down now. I just think some people are misconstruing entitlement with the frustration of thinking you've managed to achieve the impossible, only to have it unceremoniously pulled from under your feet.

...hey do you think if I reply in here enough I'll get to 1,000 posts finally and be able to get a voucher :D

Man of Honour
Personally speaking I think it's a fantastic thing that OCUK are doing, in just the last 2 days how many gamers have now got a card where before they didn't and couldn't? Plus more coming next week assuming selfish idiots don't ruin it for everyone?

Caporegime
Personally speaking I think it's a fantastic thing that OCUK are doing, in just the last 2 days how many gamers have now got a card where before they didn't and couldn't? Plus more coming next week assuming selfish idiots don't ruin it for everyone?

You can bet some people who have signed up in the past day or two will be posting them everywhere out of spite.

Associate
100% Gamers !!Not bots !! Are getting a real chance of a card and with more to follow in the next few weeks !!!! ...ffs it's a no brainer ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom