*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Associate
So if V27 is borked is the latest PTC version any better?
Haven’t tried PTC before but that gives 1.6Gbps currently.
Be interested in how much bandwidth is actually required. To stream compressed 4K video 35Mbps should be enough but that’s at much lower framerate, plus its 2 x screens, then there’s tracking and controller comms

Associate
Incompatible or not good enough? Mine doesn't recognise my 6700xt but it still plays.

The Oculus Windows App says 'Your computer doesn't meet the updated minimum specifications' Armmoury Crate is saying the iGPU Mode is Off. I take that to mean Oculus is using the GeForce 3080 and not the other less powerful GPU.

Associate
Same here, think it's just the software not recognising the gpu, and therefore assuming it's not upto the grade. It all works fine.
I've managed to get rid of the error message. I tried a few things at the same time so I'm not sure which sorted it.

The point I am really trying to get to is that Link isn't working. I've run a speed test and I get a cable speed of 1.1Gbs which seems standard and also confirms the cable works and the Quest 2 can communicate with the laptop.

The symptoms are... I select 'Link' from within the headset, the headset goes black with the usual three white dots for about 5ish seconds, then the dots disappear leaving a black and blank screen inside the headset and after another couple of second I am returned to the Quest home menu.

The port on the laptop is a USBC with display port capability.

Soldato
I've managed to get rid of the error message. I tried a few things at the same time so I'm not sure which sorted it.

The point I am really trying to get to is that Link isn't working. I've run a speed test and I get a cable speed of 1.1Gbs which seems standard and also confirms the cable works and the Quest 2 can communicate with the laptop.

The symptoms are... I select 'Link' from within the headset, the headset goes black with the usual three white dots for about 5ish seconds, then the dots disappear leaving a black and blank screen inside the headset and after another couple of second I am returned to the Quest home menu.

Try restarting headset and laptop. I get that sometimes, just attempt restarts.

Soldato
I've run a speed test and I get a cable speed of 1.1Gbs which seems standard and also confirms the cable works and the Quest 2 can communicate with the laptop.
That speed is far from standard it normally 2.1Gbs or more with the oculus link cable
But the latest Quest v27 firmware has knackered the Quest link speed somehow

Soldato

Do you have another machine or a spare drive to try? I had a load of issues trying to get link to work. I had two cables including the official oculus one, and like you I could see the Q2 on my PC and could access the files. I also had the link option in the Q2 but it would not work. I ended up taking the headset back, and the new one also failed to work. It turned out there was an issue with windows 10 and a reinstall of the OS sorted it.

Associate
Haven’t tried PTC before but that gives 1.6Gbps currently.
Be interested in how much bandwidth is actually required. To stream compressed 4K video 35Mbps should be enough but that’s at much lower framerate, plus its 2 x screens, then there’s tracking and controller comms

On two headsets, two computers and three cables I've seen anything from 1.6 - 2.6. All worked well enough but here was a difference in charging. Lowest, not charging - highest charging slowly while playing. Setting the bitrate in the oculus debug tool also makes a difference. 350 is the sweet spot for me, lower causes more compression artifacts, higher causes audio drop outs.

Soldato
dec 2020 so might not work now ?
Think that how i setup my quest 2 it connects to the wireless hotspot on my PC
But i didn't go through doing all that stuff i just set my PC to be a wireless hotspot in the windows software

(I have it set like this because my PC motherboard wireless is faster then my router wireless ;))

Underboss
Think that how i setup my quest 2 it connects to the wireless hotspot on my PC
But i didn't go through doing all that stuff i just set my PC to be a wireless hotspot in the windows software

(I have it set like this because my PC motherboard wireless is faster then my router wireless ;))

cool

i have wifi 6 now, so id like to try and connect my Q2 to my PC directly

Associate
glad ive got wireless working great, tried link a few times but since last update the speed test for the official cable and aftermarket has dropped through the floor, prior to 27 i was gettin 2gbps+ now im gettin 1.2

Underboss
how strange, you cant buy VD via oculus app on your PC
but you can buy it from your headset

you can buy it on oculus website so i assume if i bought this one, id still get it for free from the headset
im going to buy it from the headset anyway though

Back
Top Bottom