Prince Philip has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Anyone else sick of hearing about this now, Yes its sad he's died BUT people die everyday. Time to move on!..i bet the news will drag this out for a good 2 weeks :D then a further 2 weeks going on about his funeral.
Keep an eye out for new laws and unfavourable news the government can quietly announce under cover of Philips death hoping we won't notice them.

Soldato
RIP. A good innings and seems like he did a fair bit of good work, life of dedicated service and supported good causes. Being in my 30's and not really giving two hoots about the royals, didn't know much about what he'd achieved or worked for but more as the old man who made plenty of gaffs.

Soldato
RIP. A good innings and seems like he did a fair bit of good work, life of dedicated service and supported good causes. Being in my 30's and not really giving two hoots about the royals, didn't know much about what he'd achieved or worked for but more as the old man who made plenty of gaffs.
Worth reading up on the royal family, what they actually do, what Philip did in WW2 and what he has done for things like conservation work since. You'll still probably not give two hoots, but at least you'll be versed on what they bring.

Soldato
They're not carpet bombing the broadcasts with prince Philip for the ratings.

They've been sitting on his obituary for decades and they're going to get it seen even if they have to loop it all day :mad:

Caporegime
Worth reading up on the royal family, what they actually do, what Philip did in WW2 and what he has done for things like conservation work since. You'll still probably not give two hoots, but at least you'll be versed on what they bring.

They can easily do all of those things without being in government.

Man of Honour
I think you are lucky. When Diana died there was no internet and 4 TV channels, nothing to watch for weeks!

I can’t recall much about the TV coverage, but the morons wailing and gnashing their teeth outside the railings of Kensington Palace, and spilling out into Kensington Gore and Kensington High Street gave me the raving zig.

Like the ones saying it's okay to marry your cousin.

I’m pretty sure that it’s perfectly legal for first cousins to marry in U.K., but not for second cousins for whatever reason, or perhaps it’s okay to marry your cousin, but not for you to marry your second cousin.

Man of Honour
The Queen said she was looking to improve race issues within the family, only now after "their stunt". Seems they have brought about positive change as a result.

It was given publicity after their stunt, but the review the queen referred to was underway before then (and probably unnecessary anyway). Mention of it afterwards was of course a diplomatic move. The queen is a very experienced diplomat, but such a basic move wouldn't require much experience.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Anyone else sick of hearing about this now, Yes its sad he's died BUT people die everyday. Time to move on!..i bet the news will drag this out for a good 2 weeks :D then a further 2 weeks going on about his funeral.
Yup. I've yet to watch/read any news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom