Newcastle takeover???

Caporegime
No woppy loves a bit of humour, what woppy draws the line at is people making fun of mental health issues no matter the context.

Again, nobody here has made fun of mental health issues. Writing to your MP and claiming that a takeover deal for a football club falling through gave you such is making light of genuine mental health issues IMO.

Don
Not directly related news however the PL have just announced that it has extended its deal with beIN Sports until 2025 for exclusive rights to the PL in the Middle East and North Africa. PL clubs voted 19-1 in favour of the deal and there's no prizes for guessing who the odd one out was.

Linking this back to the failed takeover and any hopes of it being resurrected - due to the political dispute between Qatar and the Saudi's, it is now impossible to legally watch the PL in Saudi until at least 2025. As I've just read Matt Slater say, it's very difficult to see how a takeover can possibly happen until the Saudi's settle their beef with Qatar. The Saudi's aren't buying a club that they can't broadcast games of for 4+ years and the PL aren't allowing a sale to go through if widespread piracy continues in Saudi.

Soldato
The Saudi's aren't buying a club that they can't broadcast games of for 4+ years and the PL aren't allowing a sale to go through if widespread piracy continues in Saudi.
I believe in Yes Minister it would be described as a practical solution

Caporegime
Why can't they just go and buy Benfica or Porto. I can see the Premier League becoming like the BTCC of the 90's. Just stupid amounts of money and it will just end up collapsing.

I was watching a video today about the rise of AC Milan this season. Their revenue is the same as Westham Utd despite winning 7 European cups!

The last thing we need in the premier League is another unlimited money club.

Soldato
wait what, you mean the FA might have been right in their suspicisions all along? But that wasn't what the people supporting that legal challenge said. Did they present their argument in any kind of court? Does that class as some kind of perjury/similar malpractice?

Back
Top Bottom