When are you going fully electric?

Soldato
I think the e-208 really does look great. Deffo one to consider.

Like the bigger 2008, looks pretty decent from the outsisde but the inside is a different story. Very dark and claustrophobic.

The 3d cockpit is awful. No idea why they didn't just use the one from the 3008 and stick a faster processor in.

Soldato
Were starting to look at replacing my wifes JCW with an electric car of some variety as she now does about 50 miles a day to work and back. We are looking at

Mini Electric Level 2
ID3 Life Pro Performance
Mokka-e
Honda-e

Can get some of these through my work scheme which saves a further 12% and the fuel saving should mean even if we lose a bit of money on the mini we'll be net positive in about 6 months.

We decided on the ID3...

If it wasn't for the kids I think the Mini would have pipped it though.

Mokka looks great but couldn't face getting a Vauxhall and the Honda E was a little too far out for us.

Nice dillema to have though!

The ID3 has been delayed until July (ordered in Feb), however according to a friend who has one the latest update has sorted many of the flaws it came out the factory with.

Looking forward to having a fully electric car.

Soldato
We drove the Mokka-e and Mini Electric yesterday. Both very different but both very good. Wife is good to decide which fits what she wants as deals work out very similar price wise.

Soldato
I would love an electric car still but I'm really struggling to justify it...

In a couple of months time I will need a car mainly for work commuting which is a 60 mile round trip, 1 or 2 days a week on average. Obviously there might be the occasional trip elsewhere but these will be few and far between. Is anyone else in a similar position to this but has moved to electric?

I really don't want to spend the earth as I'm concerned about depreciation whilst it just sits on the drive. This is what is making me think perhaps going down the used route...

Soldato

In a couple of months time I will need a car mainly for work commuting which is a 60 mile round trip, 1 or 2 days a week on average. Obviously there might be the occasional trip elsewhere but these will be few and far between. Is anyone else in a similar position to this but has moved to electric?

I really don't want to spend the earth as I'm concerned about depreciation whilst it just sits on the drive. This is what is making me think perhaps going down the used route...

What else do you do with your vehicle, or is it solely for commuting? No holidays, or other trips etc.?

Soldato

My commute is a 42 mile round trip 5/6 days a week. I also go on leisurely drives and will also venture further afield when we can. I experience no problem whatsoever doing this in an electric car.

Soldato

Sounds like your looking at this more from an economic point of view, in which case a new (electric) car is rarely going to make sense when you have relatively low annual mileage in the near term. The used market for EV's is a little different but options for 200+ mile cars are a bit limited right now.

Soldato
Thanks for the responses all.

What else do you do with your vehicle, or is it solely for commuting? No holidays, or other trips etc.?

Erm there might be the odd trip here and there to see friends and family but overall it will not really be needed. The only consistent use will be the commuting part.

My commute is a 42 mile round trip 5/6 days a week. I also go on leisurely drives and will also venture further afield when we can. I experience no problem whatsoever doing this in an electric car.

I was going to get a Tesla at one point and if I was driving as much as yourself then I would not hesitate. I can’t justify that for the use it’s going to get but if I can would still like to go electric.

Sounds like your looking at this more from an economic point of view, in which case a new (electric) car is rarely going to make sense when you have relatively low annual mileage in the near term. The used market for EV's is a little different but options for 200+ mile cars are a bit limited right now.

This is my concern and absolutely agree I am looking at this now from a value for money perspective. I want to make it work but might have to look at used hybrids or something instead unfortunately!

Soldato
We've ended up buying a Mokka-e SRi Nav Premium which will be delivered in about 3-4 weeks. They did a very good deal which made it cheaper than the Mini Electric Level 2 and delivered significantly earlier. They have a deal for a Pod Point install which we've also taken. Whilst it doesn't drive as well as the Mini for what circumstances currently dictate its better suited to what we currently need and still drives very well and is nicely spec'd.

Soldato
We've ended up buying a Mokka-e SRi Nav Premium which will be delivered in about 3-4 weeks. They did a very good deal which made it cheaper than the Mini Electric Level 2 and delivered significantly earlier. They have a deal for a Pod Point install which we've also taken. Whilst it doesn't drive as well as the Mini for what circumstances currently dictate its better suited to what we currently need and still drives very well and is nicely spec'd.

Nice. What colour did you go for?

Soldato

I'm currently sat here whilst the guy from Pod Point installs our home charger, arranged through Vauxhall. I was surprised how quick it was sorted, we only arranged to buy the car last Wednesday and we pick it up tomorrow. There were quite a few online forms to fill in and pictures to take for the Pod Point assessment but it was pretty straightforward.

The Mokka looks like a really nice car. It gets lots of positive reviews and if it's like the corsa e we've ordered, it's surprisingly refined and nice to drive.

Back
Top Bottom