Poll: Emilia Romagna Grand Prix 2021, Imola - Race 2/23

Rate the 2021 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
Watched replay a few times and it’s difficult to judge; Russell was on outside then touched the grass and caused the spin. Whether because Bottas moved across its hard to tell
Hamilton was able to pass there later just fine

FIA have ruled he didn’t move ‘erratically’ is my understanding. Bottas kept his line, Russell panicked, touched the grass. Russell’s behaviour after however was poor.

Soldato
From watching Anthony Davidson slowing it down and analysing it, it does look more to be more George's fault than Valteri's. Valteri was in the drying racing line and just following its course. (Which happened to naturally take him to the right... Plus theres the fact that they were going through the left hand kink at the same time)

However at the same time i still don't fault him for going for it. He has a point to prove to Mercedes and Valteri is seemingly slow as balls otherwise why is he down in 10th when the other car is battling back to 2nd?! I mean imagine being sat in that Mercedes and being hassled by a Williams of all things!!

Man of Honour
From watching Anthony Davidson slowing it down and analysing it, it does look more to be more George's fault than Valteri's. Valteri was in the drying racing line and just following its course. (Which happened to naturally take him to the right... Plus theres the fact that they were going through the left hand kink at the same time)

However at the same time i still don't fault him for going for it. He has a point to prove to Mercedes and Valteri is seemingly slow as balls otherwise why is he down in 10th when the other car is battling back to 2nd?! I mean imagine being sat in that Mercedes and being hassled by a Williams of all things!!

Just seen the replay/analysis on Channel 4 and have to agree; plenty of space for Russell to get through; likely in the dry he wouldn't have spun but more his fault than Bottas by the looks of it

Caporegime

Toto suggesting that George should think of his future before making such a move. I call bull**** on that. George has a professional responsibility to race his utmost every race, regardless of who he’s racing against.

Associate
FIA have ruled he didn’t move ‘erratically’ is my understanding. Bottas kept his line, Russell panicked, touched the grass. Russell’s behaviour after however was poor.
Yeah I read that also

As others have said adrenaline pumping after a nasty crash - remember Schumacher doing similar to Damon in ‘95. Of course he being the biggest hypocrite ever in that respect....

Soldato
At the point that Russell starts to bin it, there’s a full rear tyre width or more between the cars and Bottas is actually steering away from Russell.

Russell will be lucky to avoid a fine/penalty points for slapping Bottas while he was still in his car, dazed and winded.

Man of Honour
At the point that Russell starts to bin it, there’s a full rear tyre width or more between the cars and Bottas is actually steering away from Russell.

Russell will be lucky to avoid a fine/penalty points for slapping Bottas while he was still in his car, dazed and winded.

It looked like it took Bottas by surprise and he veered left to leave more room. Could be wrong. There was plenty of room already, especially in a sport with the beat drivers who race with tiny margins.

Soldato
Yeah I read that also

As others have said adrenaline pumping after a nasty crash - remember Schumacher doing similar to Damon in ‘95. Of course he being the biggest hypocrite ever in that respect....

Didn't he go looking for Coulthard in the pit lane once too? :D And that's after the adrenaline from the crash has worn off! I remember Coulthard saying he left his helmet on on purpose just in case Schumacher tried to punch him. Haha!

Soldato
Toto suggesting that George should think of his future before making such a move. I call bull**** on that. George has a professional responsibility to race his utmost every race, regardless of who he’s racing against.

That only counts if you bring the car over the finish line. If it gets you in a big crash and a DNF, the effort is worthless.

Soldato
So Norris is now No 1 driver for sure.

Well Riciardo will probably switch teams in a couple of years anyway... :D I wish he'd stayed at RB as he'd probably be a lot further ahead of where he is now.

Edit: Plus that may have pushed Merc harder than they have been as they've only had Max to worry about. That could've made them then replace Bottas if the Constructors Championship was at stake.

Caporegime
Didn't he go looking for Coulthard in the pit lane once too? :D And that's after the adrenaline from the crash has worn off! I remember Coulthard saying he left his helmet on on purpose just in case Schumacher tried to punch him. Haha!

That was Belgium 1998 iirc. Coulthard was driving at a walking pace to let him pass and Schumacher didn't see through the spray that he had slowed right down and went right into the back of him. To be fair Coulthard's spacial awareness was terrible at the best of times anyway.

What George did was pure noob and his little spoilt rich kid paddy shows why he doesn't deserve to race at Mercedes.

Associate
Young George needs to calm down. I’m sure Uncle Toto will set him straight shortly.

I'm feeling seriously worried for him. He just hella f'd up and defiantly needs to apologize. He's in a privileged position and threatening to throw it away.

Worst of all I don't even think that George's argument is entierly wrong, he just needs to understand that the aggression he showed out of the car was unacceptable.

Back
Top Bottom