*** The Official Takeaway Voucher Code Thread ***

Soldato
OP
If you have one nearby you need to give German Doner Kebab a go. We have a couple in Glasgow now and it's the best Doner I've ever tasted. So delicious it doesn't even need sauce with it. The quality is only bested by Doner Haus

One opening soon in Newcastle (the real one) according to their website but it's 14.7 miles away. Whether they will deliver this far when they open who knows. :)

I'd most certainly give them ago if they do!

Soldato
OP
I've found the "order ahead of time" never really works, the shop gets the order immediately and orders it as such.

Always had that problem back in the day with Just Eat, order for an hour or so later and still gets processed and delivered straight away. Takeaway outlets don't read same with the special requirements/notes box.

Soldato
Always had that problem back in the day with Just Eat, order for an hour or so later and still gets processed and delivered straight away. Takeaway outlets don't read same with the special requirements/notes box.

I expect it depends on the take away, but a lot of them are staffed by people weak with English, so I don't know how they'd even be able to tell if you wanted it straight away or later anyway? Couple that with pretty rapid environments for orders.

Nothing wrong with that but a bit of a failure in how the data is processed by some of the companies.

Soldato
I expect it depends on the take away, but a lot of them are staffed by people weak with English, so I don't know how they'd even be able to tell if you wanted it straight away or later anyway?

Nothing wrong with that but a bit of a failure in how the data is processed by some of the companies.

It's not just a general comment request with UberEats, it's an actual set of fields to choose the date and time. Maybe it isn't presented clearly enough when the recipient receives the order to make the requested date time bold or big enough.

First restaurant meal in over a year too, hope we don't get tonight's reheated on Monday.

Caporegime
One opening soon in Newcastle (the real one) according to their website but it's 14.7 miles away. Whether they will deliver this far when they open who knows. :)

I'd most certainly give them ago if they do!

I'd honestly say it would be worth the drive 15 miles is what 20 minutes or so. To get it and eat it hot in the car. Or when it opens up inside again for a sit in.

On the last 2 zoom meetings it's been one of the places everyone wants to go again once lockdown is over and we have our next proper night out

Soldato
It's not just a general comment request with UberEats, it's an actual set of fields to choose the date and time. Maybe it isn't presented clearly enough when the recipient receives the order to make the requested date time bold or big enough.

First restaurant meal in over a year too, hope we don't get tonight's reheated on Monday.

The best way to do it would be for the company you order through to send the order to the shop to suit when you want the order, rather than immediately sending the data to said shop.

Foodhub and Just-Eat from my experience just immediately send the order no matter when you request it, I've very little experience with Ubereats in that respect.

Soldato
OP
I'd honestly say it would be worth the drive 15 miles is what 20 minutes or so. To get it and eat it hot in the car. Or when it opens up inside again for a sit in.

On the last 2 zoom meetings it's been one of the places everyone wants to go again once lockdown is over and we have our next proper night out

I will definitely give them a go when I next in Newcastle post covid restrictions. I love me kebabs me like.

Soldato
The best way to do it would be for the company you order through to send the order to the shop to suit when you want the order, rather than immediately sending the data to said shop.

Foodhub and Just-Eat from my experience just immediately send the order no matter when you request it, I've very little experience with Ubereats in that respect.

Yeah Uber must do the same but regardless of it saying when it's for it's just assumed every order is for today and only look at the time requested for.

Soldato
Yeah Uber must do the same but regardless of it saying when it's for it's just assumed every order is for today and only look at the time requested for.

Generally it's fine tbh, if anything I'm usually happier to get the order earlier.

Had a mare' once or twice though, ordering for food to arrive when I get home from work for example. Stuff turns up an hour earlier than it should and when you ring the shop you're told they tried to deliver but you weren't in.

Soldato
@Psycho Sonny

Just had a back-read through the thread, luckily I have some fantastic pizza places local as I live in flat and can't really make my own as I'd like. Not a fan of the chain stores like Dominos, I will say that Papa Johns are the best of a bad bunch though.

Man of Honour
I did already use BRINGITAPR last week so maybe it knows it's me and part of the same promo. Shame none of the others worked for me either though.

With Uber Eats codes they put out 3-4 at a time that are all similar, they are account specific so at best you'l only find one that works, sometimes non will work,
the one that worked for you was 50% off 1 order, the one that worked for me was 25% off the next 10 orders

Soldato
Just had another Uber code which worked for me even though I used the BRINGITINAPR previously, the new one is BRINGITTASTY for another 50% or £15 max off. Limited to first 1000 uses or the 22nd April whichever comes first.

Man of Honour
I have a 20% discount code for Just Eat if anyone wants it, it's only for orders made via the App though (i tried it on desktop and it won't work)
20% off, no minimum spend, use by Sun 25th April first come first served...

Back
Top Bottom