New Trainers

Soldato
That's an impression Air Max 1 collection. Loving the Denhams, they were impossible to get.
Thanks its really become a bit of an obsession the last few years. Of course I had to pay resale for them, think they came from Japan or Korea.

Waiting for an absolute grail pair at the moment and parcel force have somehow managed to sneak in leave a ticket and disappeared without a single person noticing them.

Soldato
Thanks its really become a bit of an obsession the last few years. Of course I had to pay resale for them, think they came from Japan or Korea.

Waiting for an absolute grail pair at the moment and parcel force have somehow managed to sneak in leave a ticket and disappeared without a single person noticing them.

Hope your grail pair arrives soon, look forward to seeing what they are. From your photo, you seem to already have most peoples 'grail' (hate using that term) the Atmos Elephant.

I can understand the obsession, I'm the same. Mainly been on a New Balance kick...pardon the pun, got 6 bids on StockX and they're all for New Balances. Picked up these 3 pairs in the past week

6cgTcXj.jpg

Soldato
Hope your grail pair arrives soon, look forward to seeing what they are. From your photo, you seem to already have most peoples 'grail' (hate using that term) the Atmos Elephant.

I can understand the obsession, I'm the same. Mainly been on a New Balance kick...pardon the pun, got 6 bids on StockX and they're all for New Balances. Picked up these 3 pairs in the past week

6cgTcXj.jpg
Agreed on the term but I really spent 3-4 years searching for this pair and don't think I saw a single other in my size.

I got all excited when the same seller had cherrywoods, og Amsterdam, brs, purple patta, kid robots and 2 dam pairs of Albert heijns...
Unfortunately he wanted 5k for the dams so I never asked about the rest.

NB definitely growing on me also. Those look great what are they 991 or 992 or something? Too many styles to learn.

I've got a can of scotchgard I coat anything suede with, seems to work well. I hope they don't crease like my dunks :(

7CUmTRH.jpg

Yeah they will have to have a good spray, though I think creasing will be the least of my worries. Going to have to get a portable hoover for the truck I think.

Soldato
Good lord. I buy sneaks/trainers and wear them to death. Occasionally I buy several pairs so they take longer to wear out. I'm just not that organized enough to care about having the perfect matching shoe with an outfit. Shirts clean... ok... get's put on lol.

Mind you... if I could find some es skate shoes in white green leather from somewhere around 2004 (forgot the name though, but they had an internal strap)... I'd pay handsomely for a pair.

Soldato
I got all excited when the same seller had cherrywoods, og Amsterdam, brs, purple patta, kid robots and 2 dam pairs of Albert heijns...
Unfortunately he wanted 5k for the dams so I never asked about the rest.

Sounds like quite the collection, just hearing the names is making my wallet run a mile.

NB definitely growing on me also. Those look great what are they 991 or 992 or something? Too many styles to learn.
Yeah the 2 in front is 992 (made in USA) and extremely comfortable would definitely recommend if comfort is important along with the 990. The 1 in the back is a 991 (made in UK) not as comfort, its a narrow fit.

Soldato
0K3cH63.jpg
From plastic toe box to the hessian sack toe box.

Air Max 1 - Crepe Hemp from 2004, new in box with all accessories. As stated Ive been after this pair for a long time, and to find one brand new unworn with everything I had to jump on them. Probably overpaid but this is not a pair that comes around often.

I 50:50 expect the sole will explode first time I wear them.

Soldato
Nice! They're cool!

I'm frigging trying to get some releases at the moment and seem to not have a frigging chance at all. They're releasing more Hyper Royal's tomorrow and I would like some... no chance mind. I missed getting some pandas and silver toes this morning. It's annoying lol

Soldato
Thanks!
These all on snkrs? I'm assuming the French drop list is different to UK?

I'm starting to think I'm not going to wear any of my hyped Jordan highs ever. I find the lows much easier to wear and don't love them enough to justify it at the current prices. Unsure whether to try and maybe sell them all now. Hold for a couple more years or try and trade some for more air max.

Caporegime
Thanks!
These all on snkrs? I'm assuming the French drop list is different to UK?

I'm starting to think I'm not going to wear any of my hyped Jordan highs ever. I find the lows much easier to wear and don't love them enough to justify it at the current prices. Unsure whether to try and maybe sell them all now. Hold for a couple more years or try and trade some for more air max.

What does your mid/high collection look like I only wear mid/highs. I used to wear lows when younger but now can't stand them.

I'll need to get pics of a few others I have up.

Soldato
Trainers for running / gym
qtUy5ak.jpg

And some trail shoes for my trail runs. My last pair were over 7 years old and falling off my feet, but stuck with the Salomon Speedcross. Didn't go Goretex this time though, seemed like a bit of a pointless addition because they're caked in mud after every run.
YGmP0r3.jpg

Soldato
Air Max 1 - Crepe Hemp from 2004, new in box with all accessories. As stated Ive been after this pair for a long time, and to find one brand new unworn with everything I had to jump on them. Probably overpaid but this is not a pair that comes around often.

I 50:50 expect the sole will explode first time I wear them.

Very nice, not sure I could bring myself to wear them, being so rare.

Speaking of crepe, I got a pair of Air Max 1 crepe sole dark obsidian which I picked up for £65 on Nike and noticed the price of them has exploded. Last pair in my size sold for £400 on StockX.

They're releasing more Hyper Royal's tomorrow and I would like some... no chance mind.
If you're referring to Footlocker aka Botlocker, then chances are unfortunately slim to none. Their queue system on the website is broken and doesn't let people through.

Last edited:
Soldato
What does your mid/high collection look like I only wear mid/highs. I used to wear lows when younger but now can't stand them.

I'll need to get pics of a few others I have up.
Off top of my head 1 highs: 2018 hyper Royal, wheats, Obsidians, la to Chicago, uni blues x2, hyper Royal from last month and 85 neutral greys.

Mids just the hulks I think.

And about 10 pairs of lows. The spades should be in the post now.

All retail or below. I've had a fair few more super hyped pairs but couldn't resist offloading them for more am1s.

Very nice, not sure I could bring myself to wear them, being so rare.

Speaking of crepe, I got a pair of Air Max 1 crepe sole dark obsidian which I picked up for £65 on Nike and noticed the price of them has exploded. Last pair in my size sold for £400 on StockX.

Jesus is that what they go for now? I think I probably picked mine up on the same discount restock as you. Always regretted not picking up a few of them since as they are one of my most worn pairs but I wasn't in the habit of doubling up on anything back then.

And some trail shoes for my trail runs. My last pair were over 7 years old and falling off my feet, but stuck with the Salomon Speedcross. Didn't go Goretex this time though, seemed like a bit of a pointless addition because they're caked in mud after every run.
YGmP0r3.jpg

I had to stop buying salomon trail shoes as they weren't lasting 6 months anymore before destructing themselves. Granted I was beating them pretty hard working in them but for the money I didn't find them worth it anymore.

I bought a pair of Adidas terrex swift gtx and they lasted about 6 months longer but were not as comfortable.
Finding something I can slip on, that is moderately comfortable and hard wearing seems impossible.

Back
Top Bottom