*** GB News *** (stay on topic!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
So teachers that say 'well done (boys and) girls' should be sacked?

didn't say that did I?

scenario 1: teacher says "boys and girls". pupil says they don't identify with either and want to be referred to as a "goy". (I hope this isn't an actual thing). teacher says no. school changes policy that teachers should not say "boys and girls". teacher refuses to comply. teacher is sacked.

scenario 2: teacher says "boys and girls". pupil says they don't identify with either and want to be referred to as a "goy". (I hope this isn't an actual thing). teacher says no. teacher is sacked.

Scenario1 is a breach of school policy and is perfectly legal (although pretty stupid)

Scenario2 is a breach of employment law.

Which one are you saying happened?

Associate
Is the quantity significant? Apparently the number for this year is predicted to be under 10000. Given our population of 70m this doesn't seem a big deal...
Is the quantity significant? Apparently the number for this year is predicted to be under 10000. Given our population of 70m this doesn't seem a big deal...

And have you seen how many people are still waiting for council housing? Or homeless in general vs now many asylum seekers are being housed?

A suitable solution would be if a Brit needs and qualifies for social housing, an asylum seeker is booted out to make space.

Soldato
The biggest question on peoples minds is, why the hate? The usual suspects were trying to get this closed down months before it went live on air. These twitter mobs are actually what they claim to dislike. These people cant tolerate any other opinion other than their own. For every argument supporting a company to pull out, there is a counter argument as to why the company should choose to stay put. Trying to dictate to others what they can and cant watch is wrong, and anybody supporting the ad boycott, regardless of free speech, should know this which is worrying tbh.

Associate
didn't say that did I?

scenario 1: teacher says "boys and girls". pupil says they don't identify with either and want to be referred to as a "goy". (I hope this isn't an actual thing). teacher says no. school changes policy that teachers should not say "boys and girls". teacher refuses to comply. teacher is sacked.

scenario 2: teacher says "boys and girls". pupil says they don't identify with either and want to be referred to as a "goy". (I hope this isn't an actual thing). teacher says no. teacher is sacked.

Scenario1 is a breach of school policy and is perfectly legal (although pretty stupid)

Scenario2 is a breach of employment law.

Which one are you saying happened?

Did you even read the article I linked?

The teacher didn't even refuse, he genuinely didn't know that the pupil he called a girl was trans. Still sacked.

Its like some police superintendent that was sacked because her sister sent her a violent video to report it, and she never clicked on it or knew it was in her messages and then someone else at the police force found it. She spent years battling to win an unfair dismissal case to get her job back.

Soldato
And have you seen how many people are still waiting for council housing? Or homeless in general vs now many asylum seekers are being housed?

A suitable solution would be if a Brit needs and qualifies for social housing, an asylum seeker is booted out to make space.

yes, and your point is? we should sink the boats?

there are apparently around 2m people on the waiting list for council houses. are you suggesting that the 10000 are going to the front of the queue? or that the queue has been made substantially worse?

Soldato
Did you even read the article I linked?

The teacher didn't even refuse, he genuinely didn't know that the pupil he called a girl was trans. Still sacked.

Its like some police superintendent that was sacked because her sister sent her a violent video to report it, and she never clicked on it or knew it was in her messages and then someone else at the police force found it. She spent years battling to win an unfair dismissal case to get her job back.

what link? there was no link in the post you made that I quoted

Associate
yes, and your point is? we should sink the boats?

there are apparently around 2m people on the waiting list for council houses. are you suggesting that the 10000 are going to the front of the queue? or that the queue has been made substantially worse?

I know they are going to the front of the queue because I know a lot of them were being housed on a higher priority than I was. I also doubt that 10,000 number. I believe it is at least 10 times that.

what link? there was no link in the post you made that I quoted

Caporegime
I know they are going to the front of the queue because I know a lot of them were being housed on a higher priority than I was.

Without knowing your circumstances we couldn't really comment.

Illegal migrants don't get housed in council houses though

New migrants from outside the EU weren't eligible for social housing except in very limited circumstances (for example in the case of a spouse forced to leave home because of domestic violence).

And most councils operate a local connection scheme so people with ties to the area are prioritised.

Soldato
Associate
Without knowing your circumstances we couldn't really comment.

Illegal migrants don't get housed in council houses though

New migrants from outside the EU aren’t eligible for social housing except in very limited circumstances (for example in the case of a spouse forced to leave home because of domestic violence).

And most councils operate a local connection scheme so people with ties to the area are prioritised

Housing associations operate the same way as council housing, using loaned government funds instead. I know several that house asylum seekers, one of which left me at the bottom of their list and didn't help at all. Many asylum seekers and illegal migrants get packed into hotels that close down their businesses, the funding for this comes from a bunch of ultrawoke charitable housing foundations as well as benefit fraud.

I couldn't get housing in the city I was born in for over 7 years, and had to move to another town in the county for my first offer. I had valid cases of being a victim of domestic violence, disability and toes to the area, but I was still placed in the bottom category because I was neither a woman or a child.

Soldato

Those 10000 will be costing us 100s of millions a year. The £37.50 per week is almost 20 million per year to start with, then factor in accommodation costs, legal costs, processing etc.

Associate
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-53650010

Seems like the teacher in question may have a little problem with being inclusive.

I don't really have any objection to what he said regarding his own spiritual beliefs on youtube. His opinion is perfectly valid and cannot actually be disproven, and there is nothing at all offensive about calling any religion or religious figure false.

People should be entitled to a personal life outside of their work. If he had made that comment while working as a teacher than fair enough, but he made them on his own personal youtube account.

Caporegime
I don't really have any objection to what he said regarding his own spiritual beliefs on youtube. His opinion is perfectly valid and cannot actually be disproven, and there is nothing at all offensive about calling any religion or religious figure false.

People should be entitled to a personal life outside of their work. If he had made that comment while working as a teacher than fair enough, but he made them on his own personal youtube account.

No but it does seem from the second link that he knew full well that he had a transgender in his class and refused to call her a boy. Fair enough if you cant follow the rules you lose your job.

Caporegime
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom