Tabletop Warhammer?

Soldato
Not really. It’s good to see them developing upon old non-moving stats, and when you consider the extra wound given to Space Marines recently doesn’t seem unfair at all. Anything that makes Xenos races more viable is a great thing.

GW - damned if they do, damned if they don’t!

Soldato
Don't think that New AOS box set has any bad models in it :/

They all look amazing.....

Already have a bunch of Realm lords and SW that are unpainted hah

Just about finishing off the SW combat patrol box I got for Christmas.

Caporegime
Not really. It’s good to see them developing upon old non-moving stats, and when you consider the extra wound given to Space Marines recently doesn’t seem unfair at all. Anything that makes Xenos races more viable is a great thing.

GW - damned if they do, damned if they don’t!

The xenos races are completely viable. Current meta is a xenos race (Drukhari). 2nd position is a chaos faction (Death guard). 3rd xenos (harlequins).
Aeldari and nids are generally the only lower tier due to the age of their codices. Orks were already good since boys got buffed heavily 2 editions ago. A mob of 30 boys was putting out something like 120 str4 attacks on the charge!

Soldato
Just looked it up and I can’t see any sites agreeing with your meta there. Drukhari have been winning and placing but no meta established with them, as other factions are still winning tournaments too. Harlequins don’t seem to be trending, especially as a solo faction.

Soldato
Man I'm trying to paint some hounds of morkai and I'm really not enjoying the colour scheme:/ so I'm finding myself rushing the highlights and kinda messed up varnish but still think they are not that bad so far. Good learning experience tho

Soldato
Yea and some of those new AoS models are pricey as hell, theres a set of 2 for 31.50!, do people actually buy direct from GW anymore?

Never models, only ever Wraithbone spray. GW are getting a bit more sneaky and I'm seeing a lot more models that are only available direct from GW and discount retailers are still getting some items in stock but at full price.

Soldato
Never models, only ever Wraithbone spray. GW are getting a bit more sneaky and I'm seeing a lot more models that are only available direct from GW and discount retailers are still getting some items in stock but at full price.

Yea well I made the mistake of buying a chaos black spray then remembering theres a well stocked local game store that I will be getting it from now on.

I've been lucky then with my models everything ive bought so far has been available at 20% off.

Associate
Just looked it up and I can’t see any sites agreeing with your meta there. Drukhari have been winning and placing but no meta established with them, as other factions are still winning tournaments too. Harlequins don’t seem to be trending, especially as a solo faction.

Drukhari were dominating for all of about 2 weeks, due to the codex having some balance issues, but those have largely been nerfed now in the most recent faq update. They're still good though.

Harlequins were good in the beginning of 9th, but have trailed off a fair bit as they are working on an old set of rules and a lot of opponents now have enough toughness to withstand their weak attacks, or enough killiness to wipe out T3 bodies with ease.

Harlequins are mostly a mixed faction, they used to do well with craftworlds shooting support but I suspect harlies+drukhari might have some interesting combos too.

Craftworlds solo are just bad. Fingers crossed they get a good codex release soon. Though Tau also need it.

Caporegime
Drukhari were dominating for all of about 2 weeks, due to the codex having some balance issues, but those have largely been nerfed now in the most recent faq update. They're still good though.

Harlequins were good in the beginning of 9th, but have trailed off a fair bit as they are working on an old set of rules and a lot of opponents now have enough toughness to withstand their weak attacks, or enough killiness to wipe out T3 bodies with ease.

Harlequins are mostly a mixed faction, they used to do well with craftworlds shooting support but I suspect harlies+drukhari might have some interesting combos too.

Craftworlds solo are just bad. Fingers crossed they get a good codex release soon. Though Tau also need it.

That's OK, we've got toughness 5 orks to look forward to now alongside their new range and the refreshed boys.
Meanwhile my 26 year old basilisk just called to tell me he's going to be a dad...

Associate
That's OK, we've got toughness 5 orks to look forward to now alongside their new range and the refreshed boys.
Meanwhile my 26 year old basilisk just called to tell me he's going to be a dad...

You mean your plastic basilisk kit which looks pretty good?

*Craftworlds has entered the chat*

Many of my model line were old enough to vote in the brexit referendum, and are still metal or finecast.

Hell, some of them are old enough that they may have actually voted -for- brexit.

Caporegime
You mean your plastic basilisk kit which looks pretty good?

*Craftworlds has entered the chat*

Many of my model line were old enough to vote in the brexit referendum, and are still metal or finecast.

Hell, some of them are old enough that they may have actually voted -for- brexit.

I mean the plastic basilisk that is dated 1994 on the sprue.

Associate
Several Eldar models, including phoenix lords, warlocks, and at least one of the farseer models, range from rogue trader to 2nd edition in age. Oh and the Avatar. Also vyper jetbikes. So somewhere around 1990-1993. I think there's about 20 eldar models that are around 20-28 years old. I think the dark eldar beastmaster and beasts are the same age.

Not saying your basilisk shouldn't get an update too. But I'm not sure a new basilisk will actually look much different, as it's already a plastic kit that looks like the platform that it's designed to replicate. More likely is that they'll remove the basilisk entirely, and try and copyright the imperial guard lineup by making the vehicles more distinct from the real-world counterparts. But this will be a big investment for GW and I doubt they'll bother.

Soldato
Several Eldar models, including phoenix lords, warlocks, and at least one of the farseer models, range from rogue trader to 2nd edition in age. Oh and the Avatar. Also vyper jetbikes. So somewhere around 1990-1993. I think there's about 20 eldar models that are around 20-28 years old. I think the dark eldar beastmaster and beasts are the same age.

Not saying your basilisk shouldn't get an update too. But I'm not sure a new basilisk will actually look much different, as it's already a plastic kit that looks like the platform that it's designed to replicate. More likely is that they'll remove the basilisk entirely, and try and copyright the imperial guard lineup by making the vehicles more distinct from the real-world counterparts. But this will be a big investment for GW and I doubt they'll bother.

Yea my mate had that Avatar when I was in school... im nearly 38 xD

Id like a new Commander Dante, quite a few models need updating, the new AoS stuff doesnt do anything for me, some of it is more base scenery than actual model, I like the new Orks though.

Caporegime
Yea my mate had that Avatar when I was in school... im nearly 38 xD

Id like a new Commander Dante, quite a few models need updating, the new AoS stuff doesnt do anything for me, some of it is more base scenery than actual model, I like the new Orks though.

Dante desperately needs updating. He's a legendary character ffs. There's been something like 4 ghazkuls in the time there's been 1 Dante.
I really don't get gws decisions if I'm honest. 3 or 4 changes to ork boys yet no new guardians. Ancient nids although most hold up well. Guardsmen are also woefully out of date with major hand and foot scale issues.

Soldato
Ugh trying to build one of those warsuits and the bloody thing is cursed!!!! Messed up the prime. Spent two days stripping it. Broke its antenna off. Got it primed again. Started to lay the base colour. Dropped my airbrush. Broke its toe off. Now last night spilt a full pot of CW air paint.

Only listen/read 40k books and no interest in playing tabletop and yet I’m addicted to Tabletop Titans YouTube channel lol

Watching those guys play and explain as they go is just so interesting !
O yes I said the same thing but now I'm trying to build an army lol

Caporegime
The huge audiobook library had really roped me into 40k got through nearly all the books just listening to mortis and godblight atm.

I bought the 9th core book for the art but how hard is this to get into as a game hobby.

I'm bad at fine detail work so even ultramarines would come out looking like the most beloved grandchildren of nurgle.

How easy is it to actually find people to play? Mrs says she has no interest. The little campaign/crusade mechanic thing looked good to creat and grow a small personal unit but does seem like it would be hard to find a consistent partner/opponent for that

Back
Top Bottom