Commodore Amiga owners thread!

Associate
Nice! Looking forward to getting the UnAmiga - it's not super-fast (50 MHz '030-ish) but it's a pretty authentic Amiga experience using modern parts - can't wait to run Brilliance on it :D

Associate
Sigh, I sold my A500 when I went away to uni in '93, it gave me 5 years good service before then. Bought a second hand one few years ago and had great fun playing a bunch of old favourites.
Sadly I had to sell it on again less than a year later .

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I've not kept up for the last 10 years or so, but I'm sure my A1200 was running OS3.9 that came on a CD?
Yup, 3.9 was built on 3.1 with a load of 3rd party addons (Amidock etc). You can think of 3.9 as 3.1 with a skin.

3.1.4 released in 2018 actually fixed loads of core modules and added things like large hard disk support etc. 3.2 takes that a step further.

Associate
Hello, I've just doscovered this forum/subforum.

I've a couple of Amiga 500's and an STE aquired over the past 3 years. I didn't intent to end up with two Amiga 500's but alcohol and ebay... One is a Rev 6a 500 expanded almost exclusively with gear from icomp.de (don't ask how much I've speant) so there's an ACA500+ with an 28MHz 020 ACA1221EC and ESCv2 Scan Doubler. The other is an A500+ with a TF536.

I also have a MIST that I mostly use setup as an A1200 with fast ram for WHDload AGA/CD32 games.
4ZKZbX5YBf9Fqj8L6

Last edited:
Associate
Picked myself up an A500+ with virtual no Varta damage, and then lucked into a PiStorm accelerator/RTG card and an RGBtoHDMI... Hopefully can get it installed on Tuesday! Oh and a nice friend gave me a Gotek for use with!

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Can you notice any significant improvements from 3.2 or is it the cash grab from hyperion I guessed it to be?
Yeah, it's good. I think in built adf support is worth it alone.

Frankly, I'll support anyone continuing to develop the OS. 40 quid is not unreasonable IMHO.

Soldato
I hope I don't sent to the naughty step for talking about emulation, but it's legit emulation - I bought the still licenced and on sale Amiga kickstart from the Amiga forever app...

Anyway I'm having trouble getting Amiberry to work on my pi 400. I've downloaded the DMX version and installed the SDL2 redistributables and copied over my kickstart and encryption key file etc. But when I launch an ADF file it crashes to desktop and completely locks up. I also see two task bars one above the over, and the top of the screen is cut off, as if the desktop is being overlayed with another desktop but a few pixels "up" the screen.

Any ideas what is going on here?

Permabanned
Has noting to do with this thread.

I am going to try and power up my Amiga 1200 this week (2001 was last use, but kept in box indoors so may be fine)

Associate

I am going to try and power up my Amiga 1200 this week (2001 was last use, but kept in box indoors so may be fine)

you might want to visually inspect those caps... 20 years since last used might mean they are due renewal....

Associate

My 1200 works fine and the Caps look fine but there is a horrible smell and it gets worse when its on, Now it needs a recap. My hard drive died and it had All of my favourite games installed on it. I just run Amiga forever at the moment but I might get it recapped in the future and get a cf card installed.

Associate
I've heard cap smell described as fishy smell but ANY smell is not good... and cap juice leaks could damage board.. Get it fixed now or you will regret

Back
Top Bottom