*** Microsoft Windows 11 Thoughts & Discussion Thread ***

Man of Honour
Huge, full screen app draw? its neither of those things, what res you running it at?

I have no idea as to the full range of options yet and I suspect there will be some people who that centre screen app draw style will work well for but that implementation IMO is inferior both to the normal Windows 10 start menu and Windows 7's. Windows 10's was starting to go a good direction though needed a lot of work and in theory, though lacking in practise, offered a good enhancement over 7.

I'm not sure that app draw style approach will work for me - I have pinned regular apps but also have other options brought in much more readily in both 7 and 10.

The thing with an OS is to enable the end user, give them options, everyone has a bit different ways in which things work the most fluidly and best - though there are limits having that app draw style, full screen options, etc. as options is a good thing, having 1 or maybe 2 fairly rigid approaches where at least 1 of them is a half-baked implementation at best really isn't a good thing.

Soldato
So win 10 nvidia drivers work on win 11?
Why are you in such a rush to game on this? There's no official release... just a leaked early build, with bugs. It hasn't even been announced yet.

I'm sure drivers will be available when it is released, but until then you're better off sticking with a more seasoned version of Windows.

Soldato
Why are you in such a rush to game on this? There's no official release... just a leaked early build, with bugs. It hasn't even been announced yet.

I'm sure drivers will be available when it is released, but until then you're better off sticking with a more seasoned version of Windows.

I'm not in a rush to get this on was thinking about it that's all lov e new tech lol.

Permabanned
OP
What? Or is it super embarrassing to admit what it is (NSFW? Or worried someone will show it can work and embarass that way?). Not after embarrassment but puzzled why you wouldnt say what it was!

RMM remote desktop if you really must know. Doesn't support latest ubuntu.

same can be said for win 10.

Not even anything remotely the same. Windows 10 is support. That is not.

Soldato
Those looking for the gotcha in Windows 11, here it is:
How to Fix “This PC can’t run Windows 11” Error

Unable to install Windows 11 due to ‘SecureBoot’ and/or ‘TPM 2.0’ errors? Here’s how you enable both, and a quick workaround that nullifies the need for it altogether.

With the release of Windows 11, users across the globe are all hyped and excited. The new interface seems refreshing, appealing, and quite user-friendly to most. However, before you can make the jump, here are a few things you must know.

Many users have reported encountering errors while installing Windows 11 through the setup? Here’s the reason for it. Windows 11 requires two BIOS settings to be enabled before it can be installed, namely ‘Secure Boot’ and ‘TPM 2.0’.
Source: https://allthings.how/how-to-fix-this-pc-cant-run-windows-11-error/

Capture.JPG

Meh... it's W10 that's trying to be more Mac like.

Back
Top Bottom