*** Microsoft Windows 11 Thoughts & Discussion Thread ***

Ace

Ace

Associate
Ah yes Windows 3.1, that was very nice and fast. I remember upgrading to win95 hating it and then going back to 3.1 for a long time. :)

Soldato
I like the look of it, the UI has needed improving for some time. I tend to update as soon as they are available and so far not had many issues over the years.
Looking forward to: Win 11, Visual Studio 22 and MAUI.

V F

V F

Soldato
What are the new system requirements?

Yet @watercooledman doesn't spill the beans. It's supposed to be a techie forum.

Does Windows 11 require UEFI Bios and TPM 2.0?
According to developers who have got their hands on Windows 11 leaked build, it might require UEFI Bios and TPM 2.0. For those who are catching up, UEFI is a relatively new type of bios, which allows enhanced input and output functionality. To check what type of bios a machine has, open the search menu and type msinfo32, and then press enter. In the 'system information' window that opens, click on 'System Summary' and find out the type of bios.

https://www.republicworld.com/techn...-be-mandatory-for-windows-11-build-21996.html

Also...
When Windows 11 Home prompts users to connect to a network, a simple ‘Alt + F4’ shortcut closes the prompt, and the screen proceeds directly to the local account creation page – something that is never offered to users in the usual process.
https://www.neowin.net/news/windows...to-complete-setup-but-there039s-a-workaround/

Permabanned
Many Mobo's even high end gaming orientated ROG's of past few gens do not have a TPM header, more likely the Server/WIFI models have them and if you are not going to encrypt your drives then no real need.

Soldato
Slightly OT.

Any ideas why my W10 is stuck in a cycle where it starts the update, decides it can't continue and then rolls everything back?

Been happening for a about a month.

Cheers.

Soldato
One of my Pcs running Windows 10 is using a Z77X-UD3H motherboard with a 3570k.

It's in legacy BIOS mode. I assume there will be some way to install windows 11 despite this need to use a UEFI bios.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom