• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU panic selling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
just checked facebook marketplace and all the prices are tumbling

its amusing to report the ones with multiple new cards as promoting a business they listings do get pulled a lot

Associate
just checked facebook marketplace and all the prices are tumbling

its amusing to report the ones with multiple new cards as promoting a business they listings do get pulled a lot
There do seem to be a lot of cards around. Mine is one of them. Bagged a 3080Ti FE and was hoping to trade down to something less powerful as it's way more than I need. But i have a back-up plan - I'll play games with it! Might cost me even more to buy another monitor mind...

Associate
The thought of these scalpers being stuck with loads of GPU's that they can't sell for extortionate prices brings me great satisfaction. I feel like every time I go to upgrade my GPU the prices are stupidly high haha, I remember thinking £550 for a GTX 1080 was ridiculous.

Soldato
There do seem to be a lot of cards around. Mine is one of them. Bagged a 3080Ti FE and was hoping to trade down to something less powerful as it's way more than I need. But i have a back-up plan - I'll play games with it! Might cost me even more to buy another monitor mind...
Your probably better off just keeping the 3080ti at this point.

Associate
Your probably better off just keeping the 3080ti at this point.
Agree. To be honest the 3080Ti will fit in my case vertically mounted, few of the AIB 3080s or even 3070s would. So I'm going to keep it and enjoy it! Next stop, Monitor forum!

Associate
Would seem that way, picked up my own new FE card recently, there have been stock drops of both AIB and FE cards all around. Scalpers get slaughtered when they have any competition.

I personally suspect the next round of 3090's will start dropping in price on OCUK, from £2100-2500 down to £1700-2100. 3080 LHR's will start become a common site around early August.

Soldato
Agree. To be honest the 3080Ti will fit in my case vertically mounted, few of the AIB 3080s or even 3070s would. So I'm going to keep it and enjoy it! Next stop, Monitor forum!
Yes don't sell the 3080ti fe , it's a good deal and you will not get a 3080 for less at the moment and can't buy another FE as you know as you purchased one.

Some really good deals on monitors today at a certain retailer today, but only today and tomorrow. So a good time to grab a good deal.

What type of monitor are you after ?

Also today TV - LG OLED48CX5LC £778.98 instore only (check hotukdeals.com for the deal), 48" 4K OLED with HDMI 2.1 and does 120Hz with Nvidia G-Sync, 55" also similar price too.

Last edited:
Associate
QUOTE="flaca, post: 34897085, member: 112659"]There do seem to be a lot of cards around. Mine is one of them. Bagged a 3080Ti FE and was hoping to trade down to something less powerful as it's way more than I need. But i have a back-up plan - I'll play games with it! Might cost me even more to buy another monitor mind...[/QUOTE]

Only report the ones who have multiple listings some of them have 6-10 3060's and multiple other cards

Associate
Some really good deals on monitors today at a certain retailer today, but only today and tomorrow. So a good time to grab a good deal.

What type of monitor are you after ?

Also today TV - LG OLED48CX5LC £778.98 costco instore only, 48" 4K OLED with HDMI 2.1 and does 120Hz

The dell I paid £389 for is down to £312

Ivs

Ivs

Associate
Anyone else noticed an abundance of used high end GPUs for sale all of a sudden?

I know a lot of people paid well overall retail (myself included £1050 for a used 6800xt) it looks like a lot of people who over paid are looking to get out while the cards are still selling for over MSRP

Could this be the start of the return to normality?

Most definitely.

The amount of cards being sold spiked a week ago or so. Seems that demand is going down, about time seeing that its been close to a year now, while more and more new cards slowly come out. Prices have dropped about 15% on average on what Im watching. Seems like the Ti series helped with this too. Wont be buying till its mrsp or 10% more.

Itll be around November, Im predicting.

Soldato
Most definitely.

The amount of cards being sold spiked a week ago or so. Seems that demand is going down, about time seeing that its been close to a year now, while more and more new cards slowly come out. Prices have dropped about 15% on average on what Im watching. Seems like the Ti series helped with this too. Wont be buying till its mrsp or 10% more.

Itll be around November, Im predicting.

You won't see MSRP again with this generation unless you get an FE, AIB cards will never be FE MSRP or back to their so called MSRP. Even if mining crashes and scalpers price back to what they purchased at + sale loss + shipping . Serious miners I have a feeling will hold on to their cards and move to something else to mine.

Ivs

Ivs

Associate
You won't see MSRP again with this generation unless you get an FE, AIB cards will never be FE MSRP or back to their so called MSRP. Even if mining crashes and scalpers price back to what they purchased at + sale loss + shipping . Serious miners I have a feeling will hold on to their cards and move to something else to mine.

My date prediction might be off, but sooner or later, the supply is going over saturate the market and cause prices to drop quite considerably. Eventually, we'll just be able to buy brand new cards from official retailers with ease at original msrp prices as when they first came out. (Maybe 50/100 pounds more, but very very close to it)

Soldato
My date prediction might be off, but sooner or later, the supply is going over saturate the market and cause prices to drop quite considerably. Eventually, we'll just be able to buy brand new cards from official retailers with ease at original msrp prices as when they first came out. (Maybe 50/100 pounds more, but very very close to it)

Good luck :D ;). I would rather advise you to try getting an FE card than wait for that to happen, because you will wait till next gen and maybe gen after.. and you know what happens every new gen they come out at MSRP for first week maybe 2 then never to be seen again at msrp, next gen is also going to be more expensive than this gen if on 5nm, so be ready for a price shock again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom