• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU panic selling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
And after electric?

Does he even use the PC to play games !

You see why OcUk's 1000 post voucher system is a total an utter nonsense!

These 1000 post members have a lot of miners, hidden on the forum with the sole purpose to purchase GPUs for thier minining activities and cover it up with excusses of gaming. The other 1000 post member claimed he was buying another GPU for his son, the other claimed it was for his neighbour.

Desperate times for miners is exposing them on the forum.

Soldato

These 1000 post members have a lot of miners, hidden on the forum with the sole purpose to purchase GPUs for thier minining activities and cover it up with excusses of gaming. The other 1000 post member claimed he was buying another GPU for his son, the other claimed it was for his neighbour.

I'd be supprised if people are buying cards to mine right now since the the resale value is dropping faster than you can make back mining.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats

:cry::cry: Whilst I think a tiny minority that will apply to, the vast majority not only cant but wouldn't do so as there is not enough stock for starters!

I think when Gibbo has unleashed a batch there has been what 50 units a pop and I doubt there has been more than one unit per order. Also the competitor with FE cards has been very restrictive to buying so most of the statement is very exaggerated but I guess you do have to chuckle at the situation as it brings out the worst in some people..

I think its more likely that people are bitter they dont have access to ringfenced deals, the sad thing is you have had decades to contribute to the site and discuss/help/share but most people's post count is to complain and snipe. :cool:

Soldato

Bitter much? :cry:

I actually bought my 6800 back in December for gaming, and only started mining last month after a guy at work told me how much he was making (typically it all crashed about 2 weeks later :p). I still play games as much as before, but my PC is on all day anyway for work, so it might as well be earning a few ££ on the side

Associate

Not to mention scalpers, as some were found out

Last edited:
Soldato

:cry: look at Snitchy McSnitch, get a life fella :cry:

glad I used my voucher for that 3070......for gaming ;)

Associate
True, though there's a certain price floor where they become profitable to buy for mining again, and I think we'll reach it soon.

Example: 3060Ti's - were £1000+, now £700-800. Picking one up (non LHR) for less than £600 you're guaranteed to ROI by Christmas just sticking it on ETH and forgetting about it. There's also the decent chance that crypto booms back at ANY point in the next 6 months, and then you've got a card at an absolute bargain price.

Decent change of bubble reinflating right away? How about no? It's remarkable crypto bubble boiled over only three years after it crashed the last time. And much more crazy ATH values as well.

ETH mining profits will cut next month with the mining fees revamp and the electricity break - even point goes somewhere around $800 or so. So while right now you're still doing about 2x profit compared to energy provider's cut, its by no means quaranteed to go on.

Soldato
Lol
Yah, anyone thinking there are making £180 a month in the UK mining with 3070/80 etc, does not know how to carry out addition.
Slap on the hefty electricity bill and your making peanuts in my opinion.

First off I'm not using that card or a single card - I have a smart meter so I know exactly how much leccy I am using with all my rigs running Vs all off. And I know exactly how much my payouts are. Working that out for a given 24hr period would be multiplication, so some people don't even know what function type they need to use.

If £180 a month profit is peanuts to you then that's fine, but I am quite happy with that, considering I started mining 5 years ago and now have over 20k tucked away having taken enough out to pay the costs off already.

Soldato
Hmm, while mining my system pulls 550w, so 13.2 kw in 24 hrs at 12p per kw/h = 1.58gbp a day so he wasn't that far off.

No one has noticed my other Threadripper system going full chat at Uni yet though ;)

That's mad, all my rigs combined are using less than 900w, no wonder some people think there's no profit if they are using 550w on a single card, that's crazy bad efficiency.

Associate

I’ve only been doing it for a month to pay off some debt.... so yes I game a massive amount usually... I have thousands of hours in Battlefield titles and COH2.

You’re all WAY too quick to jump to assumptions!! Many gamers use there gaming rigs to make an extra buck.

Honestly what a Drama Queen!

Last edited:
Associate
Bitter much? :cry:

I actually bought my 6800 back in December for gaming, and only started mining last month after a guy at work told me how much he was making (typically it all crashed about 2 weeks later :p). I still play games as much as before, but my PC is on all day anyway for work, so it might as well be earning a few ££ on the side
That’s exactly how I see it, why not make a few extra bucks instead of leaving it idle.

As long as you under-clock the card there is plenty of room for profit after electricity costs. I note my Trio-x runs exceptionally cool whilst mining which is great

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
That's mad, all my rigs combined are using less than 900w, no wonder some people think there's no profit if they are using 550w on a single card, that's crazy bad efficiency.

Correct, then its no wonder people think its burning the planet up when we have just explained in one example how people band about poor facts over the topic.

He later on mentioned though that he was tearing it up letting his thread ripper mine too... which would eat more watts than his GPU :cry:

If you post sloppy like that then the greenpeace guys will froth at the mouth! :cry:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom