• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD demonstrates Ryzen 9 5900X prototype with 3D V-Cache stack chiplet design

Soldato
Ohh wonder if the next gen thread ripper parts will get this (seeing as we have missed a generation)
We've not missed a generation, Threadripper isn't usually out until 6 months after desktop Ryzen. it's just a little late this time, and there's a boat load of EPYC orders to fill before Threadripper starts eating up multiple chiplets.

Soldato
Timings on DDR5 are horrendous.

I was going to get a 5800x to upgrade my 3600, think I'll wait and grab the 5900x(t) or whatever they are going to call it, instead. That'll do me for a few years.
Don't forget these timing are the standard JEDEC timings, XMP 3.0 hasn't arrived yet.

Don
Soldato
Bearing in mind these are just JEDEC, which means almost nothing to us enthusiasts who will go for tuned. We also don't know how well the IMC will cope with it yet.

dTiGSk2.png

mTJOutk.png

What's also interesting is two channels per DIMM, lower voltage, voltage/power reg on the RAM itself and a massive leap in density.

Last edited:
Soldato
To be fair XMP 3.0 has not yet been released and won't be for several months, we know absolutely nothing about how DDR5 ram overclocks or how tight timings can get

the only thing we know is that the Jedec stock specifications are ****

Soldato
To be fair XMP 3.0 has not yet been released and won't be for several months, we know absolutely nothing about how DDR5 ram overclocks or how tight timings can get

the only thing we know is that the Jedec stock specifications are ****
Yeah I think people are jumping the gun on DDR5 and we'll likely see a change in perception once the enthusiast kits arrive.

Back
Top Bottom