• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6900/6950 XT Owners Thread.

Soldato
What sort of psu are you guys running ?, got my replacement red devil ultimate and still having coil whine though it is better then the first. Currently running a 850w bit fenix but curious what others have.
I have the red devil none ultimate and a RMx1000 PSU and I don't have coil whine or cannot hear it. I tried running a rc car driving program I created when i was bored that hits 2000 fps, I do not hear any coil whine. My CPU fans are all I hear.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Nice, thanks for the share mate. Is the reported clock speed accurate? You were running at 2680-2780Mhz in Radeon Software? Have you extended the power limits with MPT?

Yup, the clocks are accuarate. just OC'd through Radeon software - seeing peaks of 370w at those clocks.

The real true test will be when i can compare them on the same system, same OS, memory timings and all other settings. I would expect somewhere between 2-4% difference at best in graphics score but we shall see.[/QUOTE]

Caporegime
Yup, the clocks are accuarate. just OC'd through Radeon software - seeing peaks of 370w at those clocks.

The real true test will be when i can compare them on the same system, same OS, memory timings and all other settings. I would expect somewhere between 2-4% difference at best in graphics score but we shall see.
If you up the power limit I would expect your score to improve using MPT. I suspect you could get higher core clocks too tbh if you really pushed it.

I set 450W when benching as Timespy can spike up to and beyond 400W+ at times at full whack.

Associate
If you up the power limit I would expect your score to improve using MPT. I suspect you could get higher core clocks too tbh if you really pushed it.

I set 450W when benching as Timespy can spike up to and beyond 400W+ at times at full whack.
Do you use the power slider in Wattman along with the 450W in MPT?

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Hmm, I need to look into MPT - sounds scary.

Caporegime
I know you've done a post on MPT - can you link it for me?
No, it's in this thread somewhere but no idea where.

Here's the skinny:
  1. Download and install GPU-Z and save the BIOS.
  2. Download and install MPT.
  3. In MPT select your GPU using the drop down box.
  4. Click Load, navigate to the saved BIOS.
  5. Copy my MPT settings here. (never touch anything but Power Limit for gaming) otherwise things may break. Use 400W peak power limit for gaming, higher can be used for synthetic benchmarks. 400W plenty for gaming.
  6. Click Write SPPT and restart.
  7. Good to go.
  8. Click Delete SPPT and restart to restore defaults.

Last edited:

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

No, it's in this thread somewhere but no idea where.

Here's the skinny:
  1. Download and install GPU-Z and save the BIOS.
  2. Download and install MPT.
  3. In MPT select your GPU using the drop down box.
  4. Click Load, navigate to the saved BIOS.
  5. Copy my MPT settings here. (never touch anything but Power Limit, TDC and TDC SOC) otherwise things break.
  6. Click Write SPPT and restart.
  7. Good to go.
  8. Click Delete SPPT and restart to restore defaults.

Cool, thanks - squeezed another couple of hundred out of the gfx scores - Timespy Extreme https://www.3dmark.com/spy/21298108, Firestrike Ultra https://www.3dmark.com/fs/25848721

Associate
Yes that's what I would do the XFX looks like the better card than the TUF, so may work out really well if prices are same or maybe cheaper now for the XFX compared to the TUF when he purchased it.

Just hit two buttons.

One to return the Asus TUF OC RX 6900 XT.
And another to buy an XFX RX 6900 XT Merc319 Black Limited Edition.

The XFX is slightly cheaper than what I paid for the Asus, but not by much.

Back
Top Bottom