Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
I think you're also right, but having seen it in person a fair bit now (and with the right colours) it actually quite suits the muscular appearance of the G80 M3 quite well. I might even admit that I'm beginning to like it!!!

I’m no stranger to divisive looks, but I can’t get passed the new M3s nose and I don’t see it changing. All you need to do is look at a regular 3 series and then it’s all the harder to swallow.

Soldato
117347614-10157701921270678-3041615358204296915-n.jpg

Taken up the Orme a couple of years back. still puts a smile on my face looking at it.... and driving it :D with the 400bhp Hybrid it's the quickest thing I've had with 4 wheels!

Soldato
I've wanted one for ages, inexplicably.

There's something cool about them! They're just Micra's underneath but I much prefer that to your usual Corsa, fiesta etc

Ha. Enjoy!

Thanks

Good to see you're back to your usual standard of photos.

It's all about the angles m8. At least the whole car is in the frame. Rotate your phone to your preferred angle to experience the cube please.

Soldato
Here are some quick phone photos of my new car. I have today off to go for a nice drive and get to grips with it, and will get some proper photos with my camera.

So... After 7 years of faithful service from the Mondeo, it is time for a change. You all know how fond I have been of my Mondeos, so I won't wax lyrical in that respect. But now that my mileage is greatly reduced, I felt that it was time for something a little more 'playful'.

So here's my next Ford, a 2016 Focus ST3 in Deep Impact Blue. I'm a sucker for a high spec car, so it had to be the ST3. Standard features are, well, most things, and as far as I can tell it has a handful of options including the premium 10-speaker audio system, nav, appearance pack with tints and illuminated sill plates, and heated steering wheel.

I know it's not a patch on most peoples' upgrades here of late, but it's mine and I love it! Why have I waited this long to experience a decent hot hatch?

I am sure I will write some further thoughts in due course, but in short, it's brilliant. It is considerably faster than my Mondeo despite "only" being up 10bhp on paper. Again, "only" 250bhp but it makes me grin every time I floor it.

The chassis and handling is also much more pin-sharp and it really encourages you to enjoy the drive. I had a smile on my face pretty much straight away during the test drive. It felt right. Amusingly, it isn't even noticeably less refined than the Mondeo.

The interior is more modern, and the seats are absolutely amazing. The illuminated sill plates are chavtastic, and the whole car looks brilliant to me.

I'm hoping it will reignite some of the driving pleasure that I enjoyed in previous years, and I am pleased that there is a decent after-market for performance upgrades. Rest assured that it will stay 100% standard cosmetically. My first change will likely be to upgrade the infotainment system to Sync3 which allows Carplay and Android Auto.

m9eV6z6.jpg

izTd3tQ.jpg

pWVMfWt.jpg

Farewell, old friend

8M1VAIu.jpg

Soldato
Nice parking :rolleyes::p

Focus ST has always been on my want list (and logical upgrade from my chavtastic Fiestas) but I flew by it when the time was right as the Jaguar privilege discount was too much to ignore.

Soldato
In my defence, I... well... I don't really have any defence :D I just thought I'd stop in the main car park after filling it with Tesco 99 and snap some photos :o

I guess hooliganism and disregard for others is my life now.
You've joined the Focus ST club, enjoy your new found ASBO-ism :cry::cry:

Did yours have the fancy door protectors when you open them? I had a colleague who would literally rave about them all day long!

Back
Top Bottom