Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
I'm expecting the price to be their big blooper this time around, they haven't nailed it since the Nexus line of phones imo.

I’m sure I read somewhere about Pixels getting 5 years of support (OS or just security patches wasn’t made clear). If that were the case I think it’s an excellent way to somewhat justify a price increase. Not that I’m in favour of higher prices, of course, but at least you could buy a Pixel and know it’ll last in the same way an iPhone will last.

Soldato
go back a year and i wasn't a fan of the size, but now i've realised i never want to go bigger. absolutely no benefit to me.

i may skip the 6 year this unfortunately.
Funny you say that.. I was using a one plus 8t before my 5. That was 6.7" screen and it took a bit of time to get used to the pixel but I'm so glad I went back to something smaller. This size is just spot on Tue me!

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Let the hype train begin.

I have zero reason to upgrade my 5, it's a great phone :) maybe I will jump on the bandwagon if I break this one or the battery decides to go so Google pixel 12 here is looking at you.

Soldato
I think I would wait to see is the camera better than current phones. The 4a5G I have the camera is good. But the OT has a 10TPro and camera on that is noticeably better, most of the time.

Soldato
cant wait for 6 XL
got 10+ at the moment and contract ends in September...
other half has 5 and i like how smooth whole system is, not to mention the camera .

don't rule out the 5, as price wise i'm sure it's by far the best bang for buck compared to what the 6 will be.

my partner wants to upgrade her 3a, and near the time of the 6 release i'm going to be suggesting the 5 as the one to go for, or maybe she can have mine and i'll do the opposite to my above advice and i'll get the 6 for myself :p

Soldato
don't rule out the 5, as price wise i'm sure it's by far the best bang for buck compared to what the 6 will be.

I don't see the P5 as being good 'bang for buck' compared to anything - it's a device compromised to meet an upper-mid price point. That doesn't mean it's bad, but nothing about it screams good value at £599. Early purchasers at least got a pair of £180 headphones to sweeten the deal.

I don't see the P5 as being good 'bang for buck' compared to anything - it's a device compromised to meet an upper-mid price point. That doesn't mean it's bad, but nothing about it screams good value at £599. Early purchasers at least got a pair of £180 headphones to sweeten the deal.
sorry i wasn't clearer. i was thinking at the time of the 6 launch. i'd expect the 5 to come right down in price, while the 6 could be £850+.

If the 5 comes to say £350-£400, compared to say £850 for the 6, the 5 in my view would be the best bang for buck. not to say that's the deciding factor for you.

Soldato
sorry i wasn't clearer. i was thinking at the time of the 6 launch. i'd expect the 5 to come right down in price, while the 6 could be £850+.

If the 5 comes to say £350-£400, compared to say £850 for the 6, the 5 in my view would be the best bang for buck. not to say that's the deciding factor for you.
Rarely happens. Google will drop the price to say 529 and sell out old stock. Once that is gone it's the end of 5. They've done it with all other phones

Soldato
If you can't get pukka shots with a Pixel camera your doing something crazy wrong. Add a bit of post processing and it's magic.

Agreed. I'm still on a Pixel 3 XL and I'm yet to see a reason to upgrade. Camera never lets me down.

Phones have been 'good enough' for a long time now. I like new shiny as much as the next guy but there's nothing tempting me to upgrade still...

Back
Top Bottom