Wokery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
They aren't critiquing his penalty technique though are they?
They are sending angry, name calling etc. messages, that isn't criticism but hateful.

Can you not see the difference between posting on your own page saying "that was stupid to try that penalty" vs DMing him angry names?

Calling him a chuffing moron is doing exactly that with fewer words.

Caporegime
Sticks and stones may break my bones
But words shall never hurt me.

It's ********.

I'm sure at some point in their life, everybody here has been upset about words used against them.

Caporegime
I'm sure at some point in their life, everybody here has been upset about words used against them.

They are in denial, unless they are sociopaths, if they had to deal with a load of abuse on Facebook or wherever for failing at one aspect of their job, they would be in bits.

It's a game and the lad had barely been given a chance in the tournament, any kind of abuse isn't acceptable. They need to grow the **** up and focus on their own failings because they must have many if they need to lash out over a penalty being missed.

Associate
You have to wonder if the BBC and MSM know that social media can be accessed anywhere in earth with an internet connection....

It's unfortunately the three players that missed penalties where all black or mixed race, they would have got abuse regardless of the colour of their skin.

Soldato
Sticks and stones may break my bones
But words shall never hurt me.

It's ********.

So if someone calls you silly.
What part of your body drops off or hurts?
Is it worse than a bullet?

"I went to the comedy show & the comedian
said something about the Lord
(And I was offended)
And when I woke up in the morning
I had leprosy."

Soldato
Said to kids, often in scenarios that evolve into bullying. I guess bullying is acceptable to the anti-woke folk.

"How do you make a law about offending people
How do you make an offense to offend people?
Being offended is subjective
It has everything to do with you as an individual or collective or group or society or community
Your moral conditioning
Your religious beliefs
What offends me
May not offend you
And you want to make laws about this?
Im offended when I see boy bands
for God sake"

:cry:

Soldato
"How do you make a law about offending people
How do you make an offense to offend people?
Being offended is subjective
It has everything to do with you as an individual or collective or group or society or community
Your moral conditioning
Your religious beliefs
What offends me
May not offend you
And you want to make laws about this?
Im offended when I see boy bands
for God sake"

:cry:

So you condone bullying?

Soldato
So you condone bullying?

Where did I say that?(nice twist but another fail)

I have seen bullying where the big guy picks on the small guy using violence.

I have never seen bullying using words.
Words are just words. And if they know they will get a reaction then they will carry on with words.
But at the end of the day. Words can't hurt you.

If they did, then we would have wars using words.

Soldato
A lot of the soft generation are offended by just having someone tell them the truth, or make any criticism at all. You cant make a law for it.

Capodecina
Soldato
But at the end of the day. Words can't hurt you.

Don't tell me you never had an argument with someone which severely upset you. On top of that, verbal abuse exists, psychological abuse exists, bullying, manipulation and cruelty exist.

People have killed themselves over internet fights. Not because of the fights alone, but because they were the last straw or an ongoing contributor and exacerbator of a mental health condition.

Words, if used at the wrong time and on the wrong person, can create a deadly mixture which can be detrimental.

It's a sliding scale. I can have a fight with someone on 4chan [I don't, it's just an example], close the browser and forget it ever happened. Or someone I know irl can say something to me that stays with me for years and depresses me every time I recall it.

Soldato
We should go back to everyone online using aliases and being anonymous then it doesnt matter. Block all the social media crap, they dont care as long as they make money from users private data.

Capodecina
Soldato
We should go back to everyone online using aliases and being anonymous then it doesnt matter. Block all the social media crap, they dont care as long as they make money from users private data.

I checked in on Twitter for about five minutes yesterday and was amazed by how disgustingly negative the place was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom