Wokery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Its true, who hasn't.

I mean some people literally want to kill all people if a certain race and are allowed to say it on the bbc.

Scary im sure if someone said that about any other race there would be arrests etc

The laugh of the audience is very similar to when women hit men. What's wrong with these people. I think the 'audience' in general are just too scared to 'not fit in', because a black person / woman says it, it must be true.

Soldato

The trend for kneeling at sports games to protest supposed racism and or police/state brutality was started by Colin Kaepernick.

As to replying ' politely' I think 'dense' was an accurate and apt word to be use considering the article you linked for MLK reads as follows

The revolutionary leader took a knee while leading a prayer on Feb. 1, 1965 outside the Dallas County Alabama Courthouse, along with several other civil rights marchers.

Soldato
The trend for kneeling a sports games to protest supposed racism and or police/state brutality was started by Colin Kaepernick.

As to replying ' politely' I think 'dense' was an accurate and apt word to be use considering the article you linked for MLK reads as follows

I'm going to stick you on ignore as clearly theres an agenda here but there are LOADS of examples of this being done lone before Kaepernick did.

"The idea of taking the knee – going down on one knee as a protest – has a long history. It’s steeped in the American civil rights movement. Martin Luther King, arguably the most famous civil rights activist of the 1950s and 60s, took the knee in Alabama in 1965 to show solidarity with protestors."

Proper white people in here claiming racism is almost dead in the UK. Its cringeworthy.

Quite. People are frankly deluded if they think it doesnt exist.

Soldato
I'm going to stick you on ignore as clearly theres an agenda here but there are LOADS of examples of this being done lone before Kaepernick did.

"The idea of taking the knee – going down on one knee as a protest – has a long history. It’s steeped in the American civil rights movement. Martin Luther King, arguably the most famous civil rights activist of the 1950s and 60s, took the knee in Alabama in 1965 to show solidarity with protestors."

Quite. People are frankly deluded if they think it doesnt exist.
Who here has said racism doesn't exist in the UK? And compared to where? The storm we just got into over racist football comments online appeared to be 5 people, at least one of which was a child. This isn't a major issue here in the UK short of a couple of edge lord kids and some racist boomers.

Last edited:
Soldato

Not only dense but a coward who hides behind muting or blocking peope who show that you are full of it.

Where's your source for MLK kneeling in the circumstances you are trying to claim?

I know there is a strong attempt to retcon MLK kneeling in prayer as him kneeling in a similar fashion to the current trend but where is the actual proof?

You own source undermines you!

MLK was kneeling to pray, as billions of Christians have also done over the course of millennia whilst praying.

Soldato
Proper white people in here claiming racism is almost dead in the UK. Its cringeworthy.

It's a fact that the UK is one of the countries where people express the least amount of racial animus towards others.

Anglo and Latin countries most tolerant. People in the survey were most likely to embrace a racially diverse neighbor in the United Kingdom and its Anglo former colonies (the United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand) and in Latin America. The only real exceptions were oil-rich Venezuela, where income inequality sometimes breaks along racial lines, and the Dominican Republic, perhaps because of its adjacency to troubled Haiti. Scandinavian countries also scored high.

I'm not sorry if facts upset your bigoted narrative.

Actual reported racist incidents may vary country to country but if a country is very racially homogeneous then there's not going to the same amount of opportunity for racially aggravated crime or abuse to take place.

Last edited:
Soldato
A lot of people are not buying this nonsense.

Who cares. Who are they to tell the England players how they can protest and more importantly what they are protesting. They've made it clear several times why they kneel. You wouldn't want other to speak for what you might be protesting, I'm sure you can speak for yourself. If you and others want to keep trying to tag it to the Marxist side of BLM then good luck. I think you've already lost this one.

Pho

Pho

Soldato
It's a fact that the UK is one of the countries where people express the least amount of racial animus towards others.

It's "good" we're not a hugely racist country (lol Brexit), but we still need to eliminate it entirely. Same goes for all countries.

They say, “You should be grateful we’re the least racist”
I say “The least racist is still racist”

It's worth listening to the lyrics. It opened my eyes. And the screen on the piano is pretty amazing.

Soldato

Plenty of knuckle draggers around and always will be unfortunately.

Anyhow in to your assumption.

How do you know they are white people? Because.... 'shock horror ' non white people are just as racist you know, you ever been to the middle East or China?

Obviously not.

Soldato
It's "good" we're not a hugely racist country (lol Brexit), but we still need to eliminate it entirely. Same goes for all countries.

Have we eliminated rape, murder, theft and numerous other crimes?

You are not going to elimate racism as long as people can identify something which can be said to be a racial difference between groups of people.

You can however seek to minimise racism and make it socially unacceptable.

UK football had its own anti racist campaigns and robust action has been taken for years now against all manner of football related abuse and violence.

Promoting divisive American style identity politics associated with Marxist activism isn't going to reduce racism.

Soldato
England players can kneel if they want and football fans can boo them for adopting a faux, vacous American imported trend.

Was Colin Kaepernick a Marxist? No, so you've decided because a couple of people who like to claim they speak for everyone who support the idea of BLM (which they clearly don't) claim to be Marxist, it means anyone who kneels supports Marxists. That is some twisted logic. The players have made it clear why they kneel and it isn't to do with Marxism, for 99% of people it never had anything to do with Marxism. You just want to keep tagging it to the Marxist line as it's easier to berate that way. As for the fans who boo'd well they got drowned out, these players are probably the most popular squad in my 50 years. I'm sure they will continue to kneel, some fans and politicians attempted to make a culture war out of it and called their 2 second protest "gesture politics" and it backfired badly on them.

Soldato

It's worth listening to the lyrics. It opened my eyes. And the screen on the piano is pretty amazing.

The last verse isnt in the actual song which is a shame. Good song though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom