*** Battlefield 2042 (Console) ***

Soldato
Wonder if it'll be worth it, I didn't play BFV much on the console, just didn't like that game much something about it.

All WW1/2 games are boring, because they want to be historically accurate they are super limited in game and map design as well as vehicle and weapon design

Caporegime
All WW1/2 games are boring, because they want to be historically accurate they are super limited in game and map design as well as vehicle and weapon design

Ww2 dog fighting is far more fun as it is more gun based. Lock on field is pretty boring. Although AC10 was pretty fun in BF3 till they nerfed it with tanks.

I also had no problem with the variety of tanks in BFV either.

Soldato
Well that’s good news if true. If playing K&M on the series X would you still be able to play with other console players only that are using a controller?

I've played lots of call of duty Cold War recently and they mix controller and keyboard users and multiple platforms into the same server - so I hope battlefield does the same because it was fantastic

Soldato
Done - ordered it. I hope cross play with PC isn;t going to be rough on the console players, as I have a fair few workmates who will be wanting to squad up, but are on PC with KB/M

Last edited:
Soldato
Done - ordered it. I hope cross play with PC isn;t going to be rough on the console players, as I have a fair few workmates who will be wanting to squad up, but are on PC with KB/M

Great news about cross play!

Something I would like to know can I use one BF account for both platforms (I don’t mind buying each game for each platform). Surely it would be as simple to use the same email and password?

As I wouldn’t want to build separate accounts for each platforms, that would suck!

Caporegime
OP
Great news about cross play!

Something I would like to know can I use one BF account for both platforms (I don’t mind buying each game for each platform). Surely it would be as simple to use the same email and password?

As I wouldn’t want to build separate accounts for each platforms, that would suck!

progression is tracked across all platforms so it will be one account (battle.net) across them all

Soldato
battle.net. I thought that was for COD!?

So on my series X I just sign in with my origin login details (rather than my Microsoft account details).

But I presume I’ll have to buy a copy for my series X and my PC?

Unless a game is on gamepass, then yea you'll need two copies.

Speaking of: For some reason I'm still semi expecting a surprise day1 Gamepass reveal for this game, or at the very least some sort of Xbox tie-in.

Caporegime
OP
battle.net. I thought that was for COD!?

So on my series X I just sign in with my origin login details (rather than my Microsoft account details).

But I presume I’ll have to buy a copy for my series X and my PC?

lol my bad, I meant to type battlelog, but that was from many years ago so it might just use origin now.

Yes, you will need to buy a copy on every platform you play on.

Associate
Pre-ordered yesterday for Series X. Looking forward to october and in the mean time I'll dive into some BF4 which I'd never played and continue with BF5 which I never understood the hate for.

Soldato
Pre-ordered yesterday for Series X. Looking forward to october and in the mean time I'll dive into some BF4 which I'd never played and continue with BF5 which I never understood the hate for.

Think I’ll be doing the same. Gonna get the gold version (seems the best value) for the series X first now it’s going to have native K&M support/cross play, it’ll put my Razer Turret to good use and should look stunning on my 65” LG CX.

Probably pick it on PC as well sometime later now your stats will link up across different platforms.

Back
Top Bottom