Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

Commissario
I still haven't caved despite having done the test months ago.. I've just been offered a brand spanking new, sealed, warrantied DJI Mini 2 Fly More Combo at 20% off the RRP.

Amazon were doing a deal like that a few weeks ago, missed it myself. At that price I would have been tempted.
Really? I've been looking and I've never seen it below the RRP. Camelcamelcamel shows only a tiny drop for a very short time, certainly nothing like 20%. Are you looking at the same drone?

Anyway, I got it today. The first thing I did once I got home was buy the Care Refresh package and the batteries are all charging now.

Commissario
I got my operator and flyer IDs last year and will label the drone with my operator ID. I'm sure I've read that the drone itself should be registered but I can't find anywhere to register it. Am I imagining that, does the actual drone need to be registered?

Associate
Really? I've been looking and I've never seen it below the RRP. Camelcamelcamel shows only a tiny drop for a very short time, certainly nothing like 20%. Are you looking at the same drone?

Anyway, I got it today. The first thing I did once I got home was buy the Care Refresh package and the batteries are all charging now.

Definitely the DJI Mini 2 Fly more Combo for £457.50 as seen in this blokes youtube video. That was on the 1st July and I missed it.

:D I bought one too! I got fed up pondering if I should get one so did. Cost £575 all in for the Mini 2 Fly More Combo with Care Refresh, actually £115 for the next 5 months interest free.

Just need to decide what ND filters to get.

Soldato
I got my operator and flyer IDs last year and will label the drone with my operator ID. I'm sure I've read that the drone itself should be registered but I can't find anywhere to register it. Am I imagining that, does the actual drone need to be registered?

No it doesn't need to be registered, just the operator ID label.

Commissario
Gutted, I bought a DJI Mini 2, just turned it on to update the firmware, been sat in it's bag for 4 days, only just learn't about the DJI refresh but it says my drone is out of it's activation period?
Aye, you can either buy it before you switch it on or in the first 48 hours.

You can get it afterwards but there's a lot of hoops to jump through. Log in to your DJI account, go here and it tells you all about it.

You can get it afterwards but there's a lot of hoops to jump through. Log in to your DJI account, go here and it tells you all about it.

Crisis averted, just managed to return it to Argos and bought another one! Was quite surprised they accepted it no questions asked!

Soldato
Hi. Need some guidance on Betaflight.

Just got hold of a Mobula7 to use with my Spektrum dx9.
Binds fine, but very very twitchy.
Controls seem correct on transmitter and Betaflight.

Cannot get my head around 'modes' in Betaflight, what angle / horizon etc should be.

Just seems very twitchy taking off. Even though it has been calibrated within Betaflight.

Anyone clever on this system please

Thanks

Associate
Gutted, I bought a DJI Mini 2, just turned it on to update the firmware, been sat in it's bag for 4 days, only just learn't about the DJI refresh but it says my drone is out of it's activation period?
Pretty impossible to lose it, break it etc if you're careful. My apprehension would be it not being faulty from the outset. Day 1 for me my MM fell put of the sky and was made to claim on refresh even though there was obviously something broke from the box

Soldato

Lots of hoops = take a short video which takes all of about 2 minutes, then wait a week or so for them to approve it :p

Soldato
Do I understand correctly that it is illegal to fly a drone close to a airport? Had a drone fly over my house yesterday and today. I am 1.1km from the end of a active commercial runway.

Back
Top Bottom