**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

ne0

ne0

Associate
eagerly awaiting this update. I swear I used to get better performance at launch on my old 2080ti than I currently do on my 3090! Hope this patch brings the goods.

Soldato
4pm BST is official release sim update 5.

Servers are going to get so hammered with an update this anticipated and along with all the xbox users... might be lucky to download it by tomorrow lol. Good chance of in game data streaming issues too I would bet.

One small hope is lots of people have pre-loaded on xbox!

Man of Honour
Servers are going to get so hammered with an update this anticipated and along with all the xbox users... might be lucky to download it by tomorrow lol. Good chance of in game data streaming issues too I would bet.

One small hope is lots of people have pre-loaded on xbox!

I think they were also auto pre-loading for people who had added MSFS to their Wish-list so hopefully that'll save some bandwidth for PC users! No news on how big (size wise) the PC update is I don't think

Soldato
Looking forward to this, will be updating it on my laptop to see if it runs better and firing the Xbox up at the same time to see how it is on the "big" screen.

Does the 97gb on Xbox include the world updates or do I need to go to store and download separate? Freed up a couple hundred GB for it.

Soldato
last 2 days i have odd behaviour concerning weather in my setup, every 15 minutes while flying at over 25.000ft temperature fluctuates sharply between -50C to +50C and aircraft shakes violently left and right. Any ideas whats wrong?

Soldato
Does the 97gb on Xbox include the world updates or do I need to go to store and download separate? Freed up a couple hundred GB for it.

I believe from the videos I saw the world updates are separate (but still free) downloads from the store.

Do they not have separate servers for Xbox and PC?

I doubt it given it’s all handled through Xbox live services on PC… even after downloading the package everyone will ultimately be sharing Azure’s bandwidth for streaming data though either way. There were definitely some issues immediately after the UK world update with server load over areas like London, you’d get messages about bandwidth too low etc.

Hopefully they’ve spun up plenty of servers for the expected demand!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom