Microsoft Flight Simulator

Soldato
It’s been fun flying over the UK in this weather today :p

I’ve just about managed it. Have switched off all flight assists, I thought I had, but for some reason my throttle cut out completely on landing and I fell short of the runway - at the end of an hours flight. There was no obvious reason for it either.

Going to do the same, but leave a few mundane things enabled like plane lights, auto mixture

Man of Honour
What plane was you flying?

I did a long stint between Manchester and Newcastle and then onto Kirkwall in the Cessna CJ4. I did a shorter stint between Luton to Manchester in a JBM VL-3 - it’s a great plane to fly, great visibility, easy to handle.

The game just does everything so well - flying through the clouds, rain in the clouds, gusts of wind, the glorious view above the clouds. It just all looks, sounds and feels amazing.

Last edited:
Soldato
I love just plonking camera top of a mountain and watching the storms rumble through (looking over Loch Na Keal - Mull - somewhere I often go camping)

Can quite happily leave running on large screen in lounge with surround sound weather running as a sort of live interactive screensaver

Warning flashing images (lightning) - just as a warning

Associate
Something is up with the game. Took a tour over Edinburgh last night and it looked shocking. Almost flat with the castle floating. Was sure when I tried it on my pc last year it looked better. Had a look on YouTube and its night and day. Not sure if its a worldwide bug or just a downgrade due to fps update for pc.

Soldato
Something is up with the game. Took a tour over Edinburgh last night and it looked shocking. Almost flat with the castle floating. Was sure when I tried it on my pc last year it looked better. Had a look on YouTube and its night and day. Not sure if its a worldwide bug or just a downgrade due to fps update for pc.

Do you have the UK world update installed? Also, were you connected to the internet at the time as the offline mode looks awful.

I've not flown near Edinburgh yet but London looked great.

Man of Honour

Sounds like something hasn't downloaded; admittedly Edinburgh isn't great but some of the main sights (Castle, Bridges, etc) are modelled.

Caporegime
OP
I'm getting so many hilarious video recordings of the AI Pilot. I'm not sure if this is a new feature just introduced with the Xbox but it sure gets itself in a muddle a lot. Trying to land at London City airport and it flies past the runway and crashes into a block of flats.

Soldato
I'm getting so many hilarious video recordings of the AI Pilot. I'm not sure if this is a new feature just introduced with the Xbox but it sure gets itself in a muddle a lot. Trying to land at London City airport and it flies past the runway and crashes into a block of flats.

Yeah couple of times I've used it the pilot decided to nose dive into the ground or a mountain...

Soldato

I disable the ai pilot stuff, just learning the in plane instrument auto pilot, I do have ATC ai pilot enabled though as can’t be bothered with that.

Caporegime
OP
I disable the ai pilot stuff, just learning the in plane instrument auto pilot, I do have ATC ai pilot enabled though as can’t be bothered with that.

Oh, of course I never even thought about the onboard AI. For long flights, I just want it to take care of itself whilst I go and wash the dishes or something and nip back and see if anything interesting is happening. :p

It's very addictive though. I am very much an armchair traveller and have got a list of places as long as my arm that I'm working my through. Just done the Grand Canyon this afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom