TV Licence Super Thread

Soldato
I haven't paid tv license in 4 years. I fill in the form on their website stating I don't need one and they leave me alone for two years. I then get borderline threatening letters again and have to repeat the process of filling in the form to be left alone again.

Put them all back in the post :D

Soldato
The BBC cannot do sci-fi, they're simply incapable and inept when it comes to making sci-fi. It's not like the BBC don't have the budget to throw at something either, it's just that they're absolute **** at it. I mean, just look at that complete ******* mess, 'The War of the Worlds', and compare that to the first 3 seasons of 'The Expanse' (before Amazon took over producing it), or if you want to compare it something with an even lower budget then compare it to 'Dark Matter' or 'Killjoys'.

I think even The Asylum is producing better Sci-Fi than the BBC now.

Soldato
I haven't paid tv license in 4 years. I fill in the form on their website stating I don't need one and they leave me alone for two years. I then get borderline threatening letters again and have to repeat the process of filling in the form to be left alone again.

Snap, i haven't paid tv license in 4 years, i don't watch anything live, it's mostly YouTube, Movies and TV through online services. And i do exactly the same thing, as soon as i get a letter through the post i go straight onto their website and I fill in the form on their website and get left alone again for a couple of years

We did get a visit, and when he said "right, how do you want to pay for the licence" I just said "I don't watch TV" and slammed the door in his face with a smerk.

Associate
Snap, i haven't paid tv license in 4 years, i don't watch anything live, it's mostly YouTube, Movies and TV through online services. And i do exactly the same thing, as soon as i get a letter through the post i go straight onto their website and I fill in the form on their website and get left alone again for a couple of years

We did get a visit, and when he said "right, how do you want to pay for the licence" I just said "I don't watch TV" and slammed the door in his face with a smerk.

*Smirk.

These license people need a fist slamming in their faces, not the door.

You also don't have to answer them and can serve a notice to the BBC prohibiting them from visiting your premises.

Soldato
Its funny how when you dont pay they act like you couldnt possibly live without a TV.

From what i hear they can be very rude and annoying

Soldato
No idea. It was the best thing I did and solved all my problems. Not heard about it back firing for anyone else. It seems to be the best solution, at least it was for me. I fully recommend removing there right of access based on my experience.
Same here. Had 1 actual visit over the last 12 years. Told them I wasn't interested and don't want salesmen at my door.

Associate
I've have heard that it can be used as evidence that you're trying to hide your activity, and thus get a warrant. This is a dubious claim though, but I know the bar to get a warrant can sometimes be very low.

And if they actually do get a warrant and break and enter into a home with no T.V, you win loads of compo.

So let them try.

Soldato
I've have heard that it can be used as evidence that you're trying to hide your activity, and thus get a warrant. This is a dubious claim though, but I know the bar to get a warrant can sometimes be very low.
Not sure if that works. To get a warrant they need reasonable grounds. Anyway that would only work once as we are not doing anything wrong. They are hardly going to get a 2nd/3rd warrant after the first fails to find anything and if they do you have strong case for compensation. Either way we win and they stop coming around after the warrant search. The way I see it one last search then never again.

As I understand it a warrant doesn't let them break in. It just means they turn up with a policemen supervising and you have to let them in. They still have to follow all the normal rules.

Back
Top Bottom