Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Do you find a headset beneficial?

I just use the microphone in my webcam and then the laptop speakers and rarely think i need anything better. I have a Jabra BT headset that work gave me, but it's just sat in its little storage bag since i brought it home.
I bought a Plantronics PLT2 for about £180 quid during my paternity leave so I could play video games without disturbing the wife. That morphed into being my work headset but I am tired of getting complaints about background noise/static. It was never designed to be a decent microphone headset.

I then went onto Echo Buds... same issue regarding noise. Then was mostly using my Bose in-ear ones. I was missing out on the wireless though as I like to go and make a coffee/tea during calls.

I was going to get a "mod mic" which attaches to the PLT as I determined a boom mic was what I was missing... then thought I'd stop faffing and just get a proper work headset.

I'd love to use laptop speakers and webcam mic but not in this household! 630sqft for 3 of us :D

Edit: Just done a Teams test call and the noise cancelling on the mic is exceptional. Can't hear a thing other than my voice. Pleased chappy!

Soldato
I bought a Plantronics PLT2 for about £180 quid during my paternity leave so I could play video games without disturbing the wife. That morphed into being my work headset but I am tired of getting complaints about background noise/static. It was never designed to be a decent microphone headset.

I then went onto Echo Buds... same issue regarding noise. Then was mostly using my Bose in-ear ones. I was missing out on the wireless though as I like to go and make a coffee/tea during calls.

I was going to get a "mod mic" which attaches to the PLT as I determined a boom mic was what I was missing... then thought I'd stop faffing and just get a proper work headset.

I'd love to use laptop speakers and webcam mic but not in this household! 630sqft for 3 of us :D

Edit: Just done a Teams test call and the noise cancelling on the mic is exceptional. Can't hear a thing other than my voice. Pleased chappy!
Do you have an RTX card? I work from home and use a headset for work but I use RTX voice which cuts out all the background noise.

Helps loads as when some knocks on the door the dog goes nuts and no one can hear her at all!

My work laptop has a Quadro P2000 and works fine, you just set RTX voice to use that microphone and then set the RTX microphone in your Apps. I use Teams as well as another web based phone system

Soldato

Ah yeah. Maybe a busy background is a factor then.
The only thing the people on the other end have to deal with is my dog snoring!

Soldato
Do you have an RTX card? I work from home and use a headset for work but I use RTX voice which cuts out all the background noise.

I'd never heard of this, but have just downloaded it to give it a look. Thanks for the heads-up! I didn't realise it could frame my webcam, smooth out my wrinkles and all sorts :D

Soldato
IMG-20210813-124822-01.jpg

Soldato
Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed lasted 5 months before the middle click gave up and it ate 1 entire AA battery. Thankful for a great returns process, and upgraded to the G703 that matches my downstairs mouse. No more weird palm feelings switching between mice :cool:

S4iPl7P.jpeg

Soldato
I'd never heard of this, but have just downloaded it to give it a look. Thanks for the heads-up! I didn't realise it could frame my webcam, smooth out my wrinkles and all sorts :D
lol

Its very handy and free.

the website for it is here

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/guides/nvidia-rtx-voice-setup-guide/

Video showing it in use

No - I'm sure there are similar products on the market but I'm an AMD/ATI house and my laptop just has embedded Intel graphics I guess!

That's a shame as its a handy bit of software to have

Last edited:
Soldato
A little bit aggressive in terms of sales I guess but I paid £795 which is what I was quoted, also no issues with the fitter.

Another bonus is that the FD2 is far easier to get in and out as the opening is now wider. Very happy overall.

What did you do with the old door? Do they take it away or do you have to dispose of it yourself? Price seems good but don't want to be stuck with the old door!

Associate
A small toolbox to attach to my trailer. Initially had the idea I could bolt it lower down on the hitch bar itself but that didn't work out, so I bought a length of 150 x 30 x 3mm channel which I attached to the ladder rack then bolted the box to that.

Back
Top Bottom