Mountain Biking

Soldato
Cracking stuff - how far did you manage to ride?

We had about a 50 mile loop planned, 30 day 1 and 20 day 2 (we’re about three and a half hours from the Peak District and it was just an overnighter). We did day one as planned but in the morning once we’d packed up camp it was just so wet we decided to sack it off and go home.

It was a fairly savage route for an Essex boy though, I’m used to riding around Essex on a road bike not lugging all that stuff up proper Northern hills. First thing we did after we set off was go over Mam Tor :D

That's mega! Where did you go?

Keep wanting to do it on the gravel bike. Need to get a rear seat bag.

Peak District - https://strava.app.link/rxrIzvT1Bib

Soldato
Which day are you thinking?

I'm there both Sat & Sun, be setting off in the mornings (10:30-11:30 start) and doing the full loop mate. You can teach us a thing or two, ridden it a few times now but never on my bike.

If ya fancy it trust me your mobile and we'll arrange further bud

Man of Honour
sL1eF6b.jpg

It has taken a very long time but my frame finally arrived a few weeks back, and the majority of components have come in over the past week for the build to be nearly complete, LBS sent me this image as a taster :)

Just waiting on the rotors to complete it but I am on holiday for the next couple of weeks. So it will still have to wait longer to be mine and take out - excited is an understatement :D

Soldato
sL1eF6b.jpg

It has taken a very long time but my frame finally arrived a few weeks back, and the majority of components have come in over the past week for the build to be nearly complete, LBS sent me this image as a taster :)

Just waiting on the rotors to complete it but I am on holiday for the next couple of weeks. So it will still have to wait longer to be mine and take out - excited is an understatement :D
I thought you always put together your own bikes.
I've stopped looking at bikes/frames for now, even if I have to wait another year until parts become more available.

Man of Honour
I thought you always put together your own bikes.

Aye usually do, this is the first bike I haven’t built. But priorities change and I would struggle to get the time nowadays, although I am slightly disappointed I didn't do it as you don't have the same satisfaction at the end! Also in the current climate it seemed better to let them have the stress of sourcing parts than me :)

Soldato
sL1eF6b.jpg

Oh mate, you're gonna have to put some pics of this...

That's absolutely beautiful. What a ride. The purple spokes are divine... I wish I had done that now, check out my purple/black ride:

Not sure if the purple spokes would have been too much, I like the splash of purple vs stealth black. Getting the hoses done at LBS next month.

Soldato
Aye usually do, this is the first bike I haven’t built. But priorities change and I would struggle to get the time nowadays, although I am slightly disappointed I didn't do it as you don't have the same satisfaction at the end! Also in the current climate it seemed better to let them have the stress of sourcing parts than me :)
Can totally understand that.

I have a right dilemma on my choice of next bike. Transition Spur with no expense spared, vs Trek Rail 9. Id love both but that's just not possible, if i got the Trek id be able to keep my SC Nomad but its getting to the point where everything needs replacing so i could just fit cheaper/heavier parts.
The Transition would be lovely i think, i haven't jumped for years now, though i do still like some downhill type riding, im really starting to get the miles in more and just care about having fun now rather than anything else.
The e-bike for me would just mean i could go further or faster. At the end of the day its deciding what would be more fun for places like Rivington and Trail centres.

I had the group photos of us pop up on facebook the other day from our get together at Glentress all those years ago.

Soldato
I'm there both Sat & Sun, be setting off in the mornings (10:30-11:30 start) and doing the full loop mate. You can teach us a thing or two, ridden it a few times now but never on my bike.

If ya fancy it trust me your mobile and we'll arrange further bud

I won't be able to do Saturday but maybe Sunday. Unfortunately this isn't the best weekend for me because I've gotta get last minute stuff ready got the kids going back to school. If I can make it on Sunday though I'll let you know :)

Soldato
I won't be able to do Saturday but maybe Sunday. Unfortunately this isn't the best weekend for me because I've gotta get last minute stuff ready got the kids going back to school. If I can make it on Sunday though I'll let you know :)

Sounds good mate, will be there sometime soon any how if you can't make it this time

Man of Honour
Oh mate, you're gonna have to put some pics of this...

That's absolutely beautiful. What a ride. The purple spokes are divine... I wish I had done that now,
Not sure if the purple spokes would have been too much, I like the splash of purple vs stealth black. Getting the hoses done at LBS next month.

As soon as I have it and get out on it I will get some better pictures, all bikes deserve a splash of colour and yours looks appropriately done, I may have taken the Wispa theme too far but I have never been afraid of a bit of colour or clashing horribly!

Can totally understand that.

I have a right dilemma on my choice of next bike. Transition Spur with no expense spared, vs Trek Rail 9. Id love both but that's just not possible, if i got the Trek id be able to keep my SC Nomad but its getting to the point where everything needs replacing so i could just fit cheaper/heavier parts.
The Transition would be lovely i think, i haven't jumped for years now, though i do still like some downhill type riding, im really starting to get the miles in more and just care about having fun now rather than anything else.
The e-bike for me would just mean i could go further or faster. At the end of the day its deciding what would be more fun for places like Rivington and Trail centres.

I had the group photos of us pop up on facebook the other day from our get together at Glentress all those years ago.

There is too much choice now especially with the e-bikes, Must admit I couldn't bring myself to get an e-bike even though it may have helped me uphill, but I definitely wanted a FS again after running the PP Shan for a few years and with that being 26" wheels and mostly old tech I wanted something up to date, the Druid is also setup as a mullet :)

I feel if you are building a new bike currently it has to be your dream build as they are so expensive nowadays you want to do it once and do it right.

The OcUK MTB meets where always a great weekend, maybe one day we could organise another, a reunion :cry:

Back
Top Bottom