Your current Fish tank Setups!

Soldato
Decided on this overflow box for the new build, peninsula style but not using as one, need the overlfow on the left, Bean Animal drain :)

7DBpyQqh.jpg
7DBpyQq.hjpg

Was gonna go for one of these when I was going to build my own acrylic tank. Will be interested to see the build quality of it.

Soldato
Was gonna go for one of these when I was going to build my own acrylic tank. Will be interested to see the build quality of it.

Yeah from what I've seen on my research they are decent, will look very sleek in the tank, I didn't want a big overflow in the middle of the tank or in the corners, now more room for aquascape :)

Associate
Looking to get back into tropical after around 10 years away, probably with an external filter and roughly 200l, looking at fluval Roma 200 or jewel Rio types. Any others that are recommended?
Thanks

Associate
They're generally the bread and butter of aquariums that come with all the gear to get started. I've had two juwel rio aquariums over the years and they were OK apart from the flimsy lid. Don't like the internal filters they come with, which you're forced to buy in the package if buying new. Mine were 2nd hand and they were already stripped out though.

Soldato
Looking to get back into tropical after around 10 years away, probably with an external filter and roughly 200l, looking at fluval Roma 200 or jewel Rio types. Any others that are recommended?
Thanks
The Roma 240 comes with a canister filter.

Man of Honour
does anyone have a fluval 207/307 or 407 filter (or even the 2/3/406 version)?
I'm trying to work out if it'll fit in my cabinet and its not clear what they mean when they say the height is 49cm - I get the impression that height is without the tubes, which appear to have to exit vertically, this suggests the actual height is actually a lot taller.... if you wouldn't mind having a measure and working out what the minimum clearance would be i'd be very grateful.

Soldato
I have a 306, I would say you need about 45cm minimum including pipes, it’s listed as 46cm on the Fluval website. The actual canister itself is only about 33cm tall.

Id say the official measurement includes pipes with a tight bend. I’d say you want 55cm for the bigger one to be safe.

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
Newbie question: I've finally admitted defeat with the terrible filter that came with my daughters tank and the replacement arrives tomorrow, what's the best way of swapping them out? old medium in the new filter, 50:50 or run both filters together for a few weeks?

Soldato
Newbie question: I've finally admitted defeat with the terrible filter that came with my daughters tank and the replacement arrives tomorrow, what's the best way of swapping them out? old medium in the new filter, 50:50 or run both filters together for a few weeks?

Aye i would just fire the lot in the new filter and even the new bio media if the new one came with some and if you have room, a bottle of bacteria wouldn't do any harm either give the filter a boost after a water change.
https://charterhouse-aquatics.com/s...e-and-only-nitrifying-bacteria-freshwater-2oz

I use fritz but they out of stock.

https://charterhouse-aquatics.com/s...itzzyme-7-freshwater-nitrifying-bacteria-8-oz

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
Aye i would just fire the lot in the new filter and even the new bio media if the new one came with some and if you have room, a bottle of bacteria wouldn't do any harm either give the filter a boost after a water change.
https://charterhouse-aquatics.com/s...e-and-only-nitrifying-bacteria-freshwater-2oz

I use fritz but they out of stock.

https://charterhouse-aquatics.com/s...itzzyme-7-freshwater-nitrifying-bacteria-8-oz

Great stuff thanks @Spook187 I've got a bottle of filter boost from when I first setup.

Associate
What are the recommendations for external filters, used fluval in the past but many years back so don’t know what the current manufacture of choice 180l if neede ?
Thanks

Soldato
Don't bother with the "thermo". The heater won't last 5 minutes, it overheats or gets cracked way to easy and then you'll have problems.

Get the regular one and a good titanium heater in the tank, with a temp controller. Much safer and not much more expensive.

Back
Top Bottom